CAM TRAN Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON12 June 2019
By far the best employer I have had. Environment is very Family friendly, understanding that balance between work and family is needed.
Starting at Camtran I was welcomed with open arms, my leadership team was by my side making sure I had everything I needed to perform well in in my role.
Pros
Profit Sharing (it’s like a bonus every month), Onsite kitchen with great meals, learning programs, Great Benefits, RRSP Matching
Secure Employer
Staff (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON31 May 2019
Cam Tran has a high level of job security, which is very important to me after being laid off by a previous employer. Having a job to go to everyday provides me with a piece of mind.
It’s nice to work for an employer that is always busy and offers a steady day shift. I would recommend Cam Tran as an employer to my family and friends.
Pros
lots of work, shift schedule (days), co- workers, profit sharing
Operations (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB23 May 2019
I have been with Cam Tran for only a few years but have been in the industry for many, many years. Cam Tran is truly a great company to work for with a family owned atmosphere. They owners and company truly care about each and every employee.
Pros
The atmosphere is great
Cons
A growing employer who wants everyone to succeed!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON22 May 2019
I have worked in many places throughout my career and Cam Tran is by far the best of them all! Management is caring, accommodating and thrives on seeing the employees succeed. I have seen and been exposed to the compassion and support over and over again.

It is a fast paced, energized environment and a place where you go home at the end of the day feeling like you really accomplished something. The company doesn't sit idle, it keeps moving forward exploring opportunities and improvements. Some days are very busy but it is a good busy knowing that we are working to be better and better.

I am very happy and proud to say that I work at Cam Tran.
Great place to work!
Salary Employee (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON21 May 2019
Throughout my time at Cam Tran, I have been able to grow, develop, and be a part of a great team! There is an open line of communication in regards to targets, which I feel really motivates and helps people to work together productively. The company also does a very good job at communicating the overall vision to employees through their monthly lunch meetings (there is an onsite Chef and Cafeteria!) If you have a desire to learn and continuously improve processes, Cam Tran is a great environment to do so. I believe Cam Tran has a positive outlook on the future, a high level of job security and a desire to develop new leaders. It is a fast paced environment, so I do feel ambitious, forward thinking individuals would be best suited!

Overall Cam Tran has been a great employer to work for and I am glad I was given the opportunity to be part of a team that collaborates and encourages lots of innovative thinking!

Thank you Cam Tran!
Pros
Team Environment, Co-workers, Hours of Work
Underpaid, Bad management.
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON13 February 2019
Underpaid for the workload, Bad management.
Some leaders don't stick up for their guys.

They will work you to the ground and then replace you like its nothing the second you can't make overtime to meet their ridiculous expectations that they underpay us to do.

The Safety in this shop isn't the greatest. They wait until you get hurt until something is done about it even though they were warned multiple times before by multiple people.

Don't fall for the interviews either... They make it look really good but most of it are lies.

You could work anywhere else at the average pay for welders, only 40 hours a week and make more money than this place with profit shares.

I'd happily go make less for my moral/happiness.

Not to mention, we get one 15 minute break for the first 6 hours of work out of our 10 hour work day and then its cut short for a safety meeting... You get one 30 minute lunch and two 15's so they fit the last 45 minutes of breaks in the last 4 1/2 hours.

1 HR meeting a month which is on your lunch and you are not paid for then forced to go & if you don't go, they say you're not a team player and threaten your job. You do get a free lunch worth 7$ during that meeting but the free lunch isn't worth our free time of relaxation for half an hour. Some of us need to get out of there for at least 30 minutes a day to stay positive and have some fresh air.

If you don't believe this review, go in and ask around, even accept the job and you'll see for yourself real quick.
Pros
The Chef, CWB Qualified tester on the spot which is an amazing leader as well.
Cons
Bad Pay, Bad management & leaders, Bad expectations, They'll lie straight to your face.
Omg
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON8 February 2019
I lasted one day....have never in my life been treated so bad. They want guys who are in debt so they show to work. The supervisor was a bully. Luckily, I did not quit my previous job. Lied about starting wage.
Avoid like the plague.
Pros
Cons
the whole situation
Beware Welders and new Graduates
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON5 February 2019
At first I was excited about this job. On paper it sounded alright and the company said some promising things in the interview. It was all downhill from there. They lied about virtually everything. They mistreat all their employees, over worked them and threaten you with “the politics” if you don’t come in for every mandatory Friday. You will be working 48 hours a week till you quit or go on doctors leave from being hurt and overworked. They don’t care because they just have welder after welder, labourer after labourer coming in for interviews to replace you. You’ll never get time off, it’s like pulling teeth to go to a dentist appointment. The profit share is a joke and all the skilled labourers and welders are disgusted with management, they are so disrespectful.

If you don’t believe this review.. just wait till you get on the shop floor and ask around!
Pros
Realizing any job is better then here
Cons
Everything from 6:00 am to 4:30pm
Disposable
Welder (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON13 September 2018
They want everyone to know that they are disposable when they work here. Holding morning meetings to tell the whole production team about someone being fired is an obvious tactic to instill fear in the employees. Getting let go from Cam Tran led me to a better paying position with none of the anxiety and headache you'll find at Cam Tran.
Pros
All employees are paid the same(thats right CWB welders youll make the same as unskilled labourers)
Cons
Theyre scumbags
Worker Beware
Winder (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON17 November 2017
The company thinks they are forward thinking, and a great place to work. This couldn't be further from the truth. The Leaders treat their employees horribly, when you tell HR, they ignore you. They terminate anyone who says anything negative about the way they handle business.

If you go for an interview, ask them about their turnover rate, and see for yourself. The good employees move on because they can't tolerate the unprofessional manner in which business is run.

The new upper management that has been brought in is running the place into the ground.

Give it 10 years, and this place won't exist.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Everything Else
Secure job
salary position (Current Employee) –  Colborne, ON12 April 2017
Secure place of employment with opportunity to advance.
Fast paced work environment
Owner is someone I would look for as an employer in the future
The cafeteria is incredible and comes off of your pay check
Moral has deteriorated over the course of my employment
hard manual labour, difficult management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  colborne, on18 March 2014
get to work at 6 am and start slugging your guts out , management cant be difficult to get along with as well as some employees, basically keep you head down and get your quota. free lunches money and pay every fri.
Pros
free lunch 1nce a week, great benifits
Cons
hard on the body, extream heat in the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAM TRAN. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6