Calvin Klein Employee Reviews

Good but Long
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 August 2018
Hours are very long and managers aren't very helpful nor resourceful. Some managers are beyond rude to employees and take their power to another level
Pros
fun co workers, sometimes flexible, good discount
Cons
rude managers, long hours
workplace
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Premier Outlet Mall, Milton1 August 2018
was a productive place to work, however, not enough hours given. Supervisors not very creative with fairness when it came to scheduling - some were given too many hours where some were given like 6 hours a week.
Pros
pleasant workplace
Cons
not enough hours
hate with passion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 July 2018
Hated my experience with Calvin Klien. The worth management, felt like i was in high school. They have favoritism which doesn't correlate with your working habit. I found that if they dont like you personal they will mistreat you by giving you less hours and picking at you for every little thing you do. One word to explain is unjust. this is in Scarborough town center
good place to work
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  mirabel26 July 2018
everyone is nice, good place to work, but unfortunally you don't have a comission for all the job you do, and the sells. at least we have discount, and the manager is adorable! always nice and friendly with everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no commissions
Good company to start retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ON25 July 2018
The management was friendly and competent. There is no commission so the work environment isn't tense, which is the most enjoyable part. The least enjoyable part is that most stores are over-stocked, meaning there's more cleaning to do than other stores at the same level. You'll learn everything you need to work in other retail stores at the same level but nothing beyond.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2018
Calvin Klein was a good place to work for a part time student, but lacked a inviting employee environment and the management was very unorganized and hard to deal with.
Pros
Good hours for students
Cons
Management lacked understanding, lack of employee value
Stay away
Part time sale associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 June 2018
Management is less desirable. No personality and treat staff extremely poorly. Cannot keep staff due to their lack of proper management skills. Management talks about other staff members behind their backs to everyone who will listen. Very negative.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
A typical day included greeting and helping customers with their needs. Organizing, unpacking, and resizing various undergarments as well as maintaining the stock room. Depending on who you worked with, the day will be enjoyable and light-hearted.
Environnement de travail agréable
Responsable du stock (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
J'ai seulement travaillé avec la compagnie en tant que saisonnière et ce fut une très bonne expérience! La compagnie et les gens qui y travaille sont très organisés et ne manque aucune opportunité.
Uncomfortable shopping environment
Customer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
I am a loyal customer at the Scarborough Town Centre location, as it is closer to home. Even though I am a regular customer there and shop very frequently, every single time I walk in the store I get stared down, especially by the store manager (short, white lady, with red hair, and long eye lashes). It is completely inappropriate and very uncomfortable. I have started conversations with her a couple of times, to build some what of a relationship, but she just seems like a cold woman.
All she does is walk around the store staring at customers. She is creating a very bad shopping experience for her store. It's very offensive, and many times I've walked out without purchasing due to this fact.
Pros
Good clothing
Cons
Uncomfortable shopping environment

Want to know more about Calvin Klein?

Ask a question
Unhealthy working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 May 2018
The store manager's number one rule is "Fairness", but she is the last to follow her own words. She is barely ever in the store, and when she is she is always in the back room pretending to do work. She will constantly micromanage you, and doubt you on all the work that you do for her, even when you go out of your way to meet all expectations. When you try to let HR or the District manager know of her bad habits and the horrible working environment, they have absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with it. It is an extremely UNHEALTHY working environment, and ministry of labour should be involved to prove this fact.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Horrible Management
Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 May 2018
Management did not seem to understand some issues majority of the time, in order to ask for time off always had to book off 22 days ahead of time which is way to long, but coworkers were really good
Pros
good team members
Cons
rude mangement
Management can be unprofessional at times.
Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 April 2018
Typical day as a Cash Lead starts by balancing your till at the beginning of your shift. Performed transactions/exchanges with clients, restocked any needed supplies, balanced till at the end of shift & printed receipts and logged transactions made through out the day.
Pros
Unprofessional
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement/raise
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 March 2018
Everyone is amazing, extremely polite, and understanding. I get along with everyone I'm around. You get to know your usual customers. You pick up on everything and it becomes muscle memory.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No hours
A Typical Day At Calvin Klein
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto premium outlets23 March 2018
High focus on customer service, well trained management to work with, easy going sales associates as everyone is very close, efficient work environment, high class service on sales floor, however lack of teaching on first day due to how busy store was so I felt quite unsure of where to be. Learned to work under pressure, problem solve, have patience in difficult situations, approach customers appropriately and read the as well what they need and how to diffuse or assist in situations. Learned point of sales system and how to do stock runs within the warehouse as well as sales skills. Hardest part of job would be the high volume of customer service needed due to the store being in an extremely busy area, multiple people are always asking for help at a time as well trying to communicate with foreigners plus dealing with theft or stealing. The most enjoyable part would be getting to know the friendly staff and creating an enjoyable atmosphere and being appreciated by customers and getting discounts on the new merchandise that comes in.
Great for entry level retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 March 2018
Fast paced and and busy sales environment great for learning the ropes of retail. Always a great time with fellow associates. Management could have been a little more organized.
Productive, sociable, fun workplace with understanding management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 March 2018
I had established myself at this workplace and worked there for many years throughout high school; I even returned for the summer after leaving for university. I worked many closing shifts as they needed someone who was confident and efficient when closing the store, especially on the busiest weekdays. My schedule was consistent weekly. They provided a lot of trust in me as a floor sales associate. At times I was even assigned to train new oncoming staff. Managment was understanding and helpful and I was able to build a strong connection with them throughout my time working there. I saw many employees, as well as management staff, move on from their positions at our location or upgrade to a higher position. A trusting bond was built with myself, the managers and the other staff members that created a family-oriented environment.
Pros
Strong relationship with management and staff
Cons
Long/unknown closing hours
Bad Management, Bad Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2018
The only part I liked about working here was I got paid and I had friends there. The GM was ridiculous. Wouldn't be on the floor when we needed extra hands for busyness or projects, would talk poorly about customers and avoid going on the till to help, would talk inappropriately to most employees. In the slow season, the only people that got hours were fulltime people so: the GM, AM, and three supervisors. Store was always a mess because there were never enough staff. Like 1 employee to 10 customers. Not good at all.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 December 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers. Helping customers find what they are looking is so fun. As well it is so satisfying when they find what they love.
A brand that never gets old
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC14 November 2017
Calvin Klein is a great brand. i learned a great deal about the iconic fashion company. Always up to date with latest fashion trends. They need a better training program for managers or at least get feedback about what managers would like to progress in the company.
Pros
its Calvin Klein
Cons
lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calvin Klein. Our community is ready to answer.