Calvin Klein Employee Reviews

General Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON12 November 2018
As a part of management, I was able to gain knowledge in many different aspects which will benefit me within different types of industries. This includes customer service, running my own team, human resources and payroll.
fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 November 2018
lots of work to do, no standing around, typical day is cleaning, folding clothes, putting stuff away. not much training is given. always have to be on your feet & theres always something to do.
Great experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 November 2018
Great work environment, employees are encouraged and motivated. Good management.
Sometimes, long hours of work, but does not happen too often,
Learned a lot throughout the years.
Pros
Fun
interesting work place
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 November 2018
great workplace with great discount. amazing fellow employees. however, certain managers were ridiculous. demanded to much beyond your limitations. don't get me wrong though, the co-manager was amazing.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
horrible key manager
loved workin there, they didn't like having me around
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON27 October 2018
I was called in all of a sudden that my services are no longer needed,
I wish they told me what I did wrong at least it will make more sense to me.
I really loved working there
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 October 2018
The management is terrible. She does not give hours or treat her employees with respect. She gives hours based on favouritism and talks badly behind other employees.
Good but Long
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON10 August 2018
Hours are very long and managers aren't very helpful nor resourceful. Some managers are beyond rude to employees and take their power to another level
Pros
fun co workers, sometimes flexible, good discount
Cons
rude managers, long hours
workplace
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Premier Outlet Mall, Milton1 August 2018
was a productive place to work, however, not enough hours given. Supervisors not very creative with fairness when it came to scheduling - some were given too many hours where some were given like 6 hours a week.
Pros
pleasant workplace
Cons
not enough hours
hate with passion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 July 2018
Hated my experience with Calvin Klien. The worth management, felt like i was in high school. They have favoritism which doesn't correlate with your working habit. I found that if they dont like you personal they will mistreat you by giving you less hours and picking at you for every little thing you do. One word to explain is unjust. this is in Scarborough town center
good place to work
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  mirabel26 July 2018
everyone is nice, good place to work, but unfortunally you don't have a comission for all the job you do, and the sells. at least we have discount, and the manager is adorable! always nice and friendly with everyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no commissions
Good company to start retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ON25 July 2018
The management was friendly and competent. There is no commission so the work environment isn't tense, which is the most enjoyable part. The least enjoyable part is that most stores are over-stocked, meaning there's more cleaning to do than other stores at the same level. You'll learn everything you need to work in other retail stores at the same level but nothing beyond.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2018
Calvin Klein was a good place to work for a part time student, but lacked a inviting employee environment and the management was very unorganized and hard to deal with.
Pros
Good hours for students
Cons
Management lacked understanding, lack of employee value
Stay away
Part time sale associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 June 2018
Management is less desirable. No personality and treat staff extremely poorly. Cannot keep staff due to their lack of proper management skills. Management talks about other staff members behind their backs to everyone who will listen. Very negative.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
A typical day included greeting and helping customers with their needs. Organizing, unpacking, and resizing various undergarments as well as maintaining the stock room. Depending on who you worked with, the day will be enjoyable and light-hearted.
Environnement de travail agréable
Responsable du stock (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2018
J'ai seulement travaillé avec la compagnie en tant que saisonnière et ce fut une très bonne expérience! La compagnie et les gens qui y travaille sont très organisés et ne manque aucune opportunité.
Uncomfortable shopping environment
Customer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
I am a loyal customer at the Scarborough Town Centre location, as it is closer to home. Even though I am a regular customer there and shop very frequently, every single time I walk in the store I get stared down, especially by the store manager (short, white lady, with red hair, and long eye lashes). It is completely inappropriate and very uncomfortable. I have started conversations with her a couple of times, to build some what of a relationship, but she just seems like a cold woman.
All she does is walk around the store staring at customers. She is creating a very bad shopping experience for her store. It's very offensive, and many times I've walked out without purchasing due to this fact.
Pros
Good clothing
Cons
Uncomfortable shopping environment
Unhealthy working environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 May 2018
The store manager's number one rule is "Fairness", but she is the last to follow her own words. She is barely ever in the store, and when she is she is always in the back room pretending to do work. She will constantly micromanage you, and doubt you on all the work that you do for her, even when you go out of your way to meet all expectations. When you try to let HR or the District manager know of her bad habits and the horrible working environment, they have absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with it. It is an extremely UNHEALTHY working environment, and ministry of labour should be involved to prove this fact.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Horrible Management
Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 May 2018
Management did not seem to understand some issues majority of the time, in order to ask for time off always had to book off 22 days ahead of time which is way to long, but coworkers were really good
Pros
good team members
Cons
rude mangement
Management can be unprofessional at times.
Cashier Lead (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON13 April 2018
Typical day as a Cash Lead starts by balancing your till at the beginning of your shift. Performed transactions/exchanges with clients, restocked any needed supplies, balanced till at the end of shift & printed receipts and logged transactions made through out the day.
Pros
Unprofessional
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement/raise
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 March 2018
Everyone is amazing, extremely polite, and understanding. I get along with everyone I'm around. You get to know your usual customers. You pick up on everything and it becomes muscle memory.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calvin Klein. Our community is ready to answer.