CALMONT GROUP Employee Reviews

Bad place to work as a technician
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2019
Employees are over worked and under paid. Management is terribly disorganized and don't give employees the tools and support needed to complete the job effectively and properly. Management also picks favourites with the technicians and punishes or disregards acts of others depending on if they like you on a personal level. Very high turn over rate and over all just not a good place to work. Worked there for two years and I couldn't have been happier the day I picked up my toolbox and knew I didn't have to work there anymore.
Pros
Most of technicians are good people and nice to work with
Cons
Organization. Communication. Favouritism.
Worse company in truck service industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2019
Upper management have no clue taken on if they are yes men .
Massive turnover of staff your just a number and disposable without a second thought .
No body feels safe let alone appreciated
Pros
Cons
Poor wage poor management right to the top
No communication good or bad
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2019
I worked with Calmont for a few months and my job was at a professional level. Unfortunately, I had seen the toxic management that hold tenure at this organization. If you are looking for sales, this business is not set up. The sale cycle for a good client could take several weeks for approval with no updates from credit. The sales manager holds all the numbers and markets used units well above market value and the competition. In whole, there is a foul mood amongst most staff, a real "bus chucking" environment with little guidance from management. Very high turnover in all departments company wide.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Office morale
Horrible place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton6 March 2019
Worked there for a few years. Management is awful!!! no one knows what they are doing. My boss was mentally abusive and so hard to deal with. HR is ran by someone with zero experience. Can’t ask for a day off even if it vacation time without being made to feel super bad. Only certain people move up and get certain privileges. It’s the worst place I’ve ever worked. It’s all about who you’re best friend is or who you’re aleeping with.
Poor Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton16 January 2019
Very high turn over of middle management and regular employees. Upper management aloof and HR rep not in tune with workers at all. Worked with some great people but unfortunately most of them didn’t stay for all of the reasons mentioned above.
Pros
Driving was freat
Cons
Everything else
Company with eyes wide shut
Mechanic/sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 January 2019
I worked for Bobcat of Red Deer for 10 yrs until they were bought out by Cervus. In the next 10 yrs, Cervus ran the company into the ground. I was asked to come back when Calmont took over and thought the change of ownership would turn it around. WHOA was I wrong !! The management, particularly the management from Calgary, is just a carbon copy of the Cervus management that buried the company in the first place. Same people, different name.
As a consumer, buyer, seller, or employee, I’d stay as far away from these shysters as possible. Dealing with them puts a greasy stain on your name
Pros
Cons
Managment
Company orientated and Customer satisfation
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2018
Staying in contact with Customer base , reaching out to new Customers . Work withing a territory working any leads
working well with others team work welcome advice and helping one another if needed
paperwork depending on Company needs
working together to have company succeed then all succeed
Pros
new friendships
Cons
depending on position
OK work, but management is not great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 May 2017
Changed compensation to be more sales based and then would not send trucks for sale. Edmonton HO controls all pricing and have been very slow in providing both equipment and pricing. Hard to make commissions when there is no product to sell.
Pros
Good hours 8 - 5, benefits are good.
Cons
Slow to respond to requests and slow to get equipment from HO.