Call It Spring Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace because of the people
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2018
Job was only enjoyable because of the people I worked with. You move up quickly but the raise isn't much. It's a great first job so I do recommend it.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
paper cuts
Amazing company, High Expectations
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 July 2018
Call it Spring was my home for many years and while I do still love to shop there and see my work family from time to time it pains me to think about the way things ended.

Work for Call it Spring if you want a fun, upbeat, fast paced environment full of amazing people to work with.

Do NOT work for this company if you cannot meet selling standards per hour, or if you don't agree with having a management position given away due to age, experience, and have your salary cut, benefits cut, and everything taken away from you because you did not meet their selling standards.

do NOT work for this company if you have 2+ years of management experience. You'll only be told that you're so young and it was too much pressure for you. Or that you maybe didn't have enough experience for this job ONLY for them to give your position away to an associate you helped hire, to be given to someone who has absolutely NO retail experience, is two years younger in age than you are, and you have taught them what you know.

do NOT work for this company if you have given them years of your time, only to have them treat you like trash and throw you out the door like your time, service, commitment, and love for the company was nothing to them.

AMAZING team, great people, but like every company they focus on numbers and numbers only.
Sales Lead and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC8 July 2018
amazing staff and amazing opportunities to grow. learned a lot about myself and my potential. The manager really helps you achieve the goals you are wanting to achieve
Always getting to know each other
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Market Mall Calgary AB27 June 2018
Sales Associate
Customer service
Greeting customers
Friendly environment .
Hardest handling certain situations.
Enjoyable being with friendly people.
Pros
Helping others
Fun workplace, good vibe
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 June 2018
A very "young" vibe immediately when I started, and it has stuck ever since! A typical day at work looks like opening up, making sure the store looks to VM standards, and just sell shoes! Most enjoyable part of the job is working with such a good group of people.
Pros
50% off discount, work with great staff
Cons
Work alone most of the time, quite slow some days
energetic and amazing atmosphere
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 June 2018
Such a great fun place to work if you're looking for a part time job during school, would highly recommend! Staff is amazing and discounts are incredible.
Fun work enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2018
Can be very slow during the day and the hardest part is being able to stand on your feet all day.
at the time that I was working the management wasn't very good but not too sure how it is now.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long days
agreable
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC24 May 2018
compagnie montrealaise a bas prix pour tous avec des styles pour chacun
Supportive and challenging company culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON15 May 2018
Upper management is very receptive to feedback and always open to discussing your growth plan. The company philosophies are conducive to employee growth and development. As long as you're willing to put in the work and show the results, you will do well! Only drawback is the scheduling "black out periods", but this is common in retail.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Environment agréable
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2018
C'est une bonne équipe de travail, vraiment organisé!

Want to know more about Call It Spring?

Ask a question
Worst management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
I have worked with this company almost 2 years and the management is absolutely terrible. I had the pleasure of working with some amazing individuals but overall would not work at the company. The management continues to focus on gossiping about the staff and does the bare minimum at work while putting the blame on the part-timers and full-timers. The pay is minimum wage but not enough for having to deal with the constant drama you are forced to deal with as an employee.
Pros
cheap shoes
Cons
management, hours, no benefits
Great place to work very understanding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2018
Amazing staff and leadership, only wish there were more hours available to give to its employees. The only negative is that a part time worker is told to be motivated to work hard to receive hours but then there is no actual difference in hours when you produce results.
Great experience bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2018
Management was awful and uncoordinated. Work hard but don't expect to get rewarded or acknowledged for it. Great and valuable learning experience regarding how to deal with customers.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2018
loved working with such an energetic staff, whom are willing to work with a schedule that is flexible with my education and person life. something that helped me time management well.
Friendly management but no hours
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
Management and co-workers were great to work with, had an awesome 50% discount but barely got ANY hours. One time I didn't work for 3 months because they barely gave out any shifts.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No hours
boring work
Shoe runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2018
I worked here with a friend but we never got scheduled together. The products are below average for a high price. you get 50% off although I never found myself utilizing this benefit.
Pros
50% off
Cons
boring
great place to make friends, great temwork
Sales Associate/Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
Lack of appropriate management. not enough workers available especially during weekend and holidays. management won't let their workers go on vacation often
Pros
great team collaboration
Cons
not enough workers
journée de travail
Stock boy et Runner (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC18 March 2018
On essaye de vendre des souliers et quand on ne vend pas, on se le fait dire pas le gérant de manière pas très professionnel.
Pros
rabais sur les souliers
Cons
le reste
too much work for the pay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 March 2018
no cnsistent scheduling, on call everyday also long nights working until way passed closing, sometimes 2-3am in the morning with hardly any extra pay for those hours.
Work Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2018
I've only worked once a week, and I barely had any shifts and my availability was quiet open. They gave me shifts for the first 3 months, and never gave me a shift afterwards, which kind of is really rude without telling their employees if they would like to keep us or not.