Call It Spring

Call It Spring Employee Reviews

Canada113 reviews
Not a difficult job at all. Ship out orders, help customers, work cash. Real standard stuff. Your experience will vary WIDELY depending on who your manager is. I had one of the best in my city imo. Good part time gig for me with other jobs. Hours are tight on off season, made worse by the fact that they rarely lay off seasonal workers.
One complaint I've seen rather frequently that holds merit is it's very cliquey. This can be awful if you're outside but if you're in you can get all the way to the top.

Promotions are almost always in the company with few outside his. Good for starting a career out pulling in some extra cash alongside another job.
Pros
Management, environment
Cons
Management, low pay
While I loved working in the store itself, I didn't enjoy the management (store & regional). manager would only work 9-5 mon-fri & expected everyone else to pick up the extra hours. training was horrible, definitely not a job you could do with no background retail experience.
Would write you up with no explanation & gave little care for how they affected the personal lives of employees.
Pros
good discount
Cons
horrible management
The hours were pretty decent which was really the only perk. The people I worked with were nice. I worked at the Waterloo location and honestly hated it. Management is terrible, my manager would call me in the middle of the night, send me heart eye emojis it was extremely creepy, rules were violated, we were encouraged to dress "higher end sexy". You get hours by commission (the more sales you make with products and shoe care) but don't get recognized for it or paid for it. You work your butt off for a minimum wage job and get nothing from it. The whole culture of the store is just wrong. I would not recommend spring.
Got hired here once off a dare. Worked long hours in stuffy shoe rooms filled with shoes. It was dry work of course, so expect some daily dose of minimum effort.
Management sucks. A sense of hierarchy at this store. Manager refuses to give hours to people but will call people in on their days off. People aren’t treated fair management talking about other employees
Quite a long review but I recommend you read through it so you don't go through what we had to endure.

My time at Call It Spring was great but short lived. The job posting and the interview did not indicate the position was Seasonal but apparently it was without our knowledge. Many others got hired on at the same time I did back in October.

The environment was nice, the people around me were fun to be around and work was honestly quite enjoyable. The only thing that wasn't great was no commission. You were required to exceed your daily sales quota but got nothing in return for achieving the task.

And last but most importantly, the communication is terrible. I repeat, terrible. After the holiday season ended, our manager just simply told all of us in our group chat "The hours are quite tight for January, so there will not be lots of hours to go around." That's fair. But what that truly meant is "you're all fired." Many employees tried reaching out to our "leader" and asked her "Are we still working here?... Are we going to get any hours?" And we all got absolutely no response whatsoever. What 6 or 7 of us employees did notice was that the manager was only giving hours to her group of friends that she regularly hanged out with outside of work.

That was very childish, immature, and the manager displays no qualities of being a leader at all. If we were hired on as Seasonal, then let us know. If we were all losing our jobs after January, let us know. Many other employees suffered as they waited to get hours and weren't sure if they still worked there. As for me, it
 - more...
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Poor Communication, No Commission
Management took about a month to get me started, after I was hired. Management has unrealistic expectations of you. Employees are very clique-ish.....
pas professionnel, mauvaise gestions, salaire non satisfaisant
La compagnie est fantastique. plusieurs beaux avantages nous sont offert.
The work environment was katty and unprofessional. Extremely unorganized. I put in a lot of time and effort with little to show for it. Was promised advancement that was never delivered.
cash and stock
Receiving stock and organizing the back room

notifying customers of arrived parcels

Most days were quiet location was not too busy(south edmonton common)
great entry level job for high school, students some people may get stressed durong the hoildays or during huge sales days but overall its oretty fun tho
This job is great if you have a love for shoes and enjoy being in a competitive environment. You have to be outgoing but the hardest part is having high-turn overs when it comes to management but overall it is a decent place to work at for a certain period of time!
terriible all the way their management is so pooorly functioned =i cant beleive theyre stilll arunning businseess i really dont understand why this is neccarly i dont ever cre
Pros
lunch
Cons
super long hours
By becoming a key holder I gained more independency learning how to open and close the store on my own. This job helped me gain more customer service experience.
A typically day consists of:
- Customer service

- Fulfilling company orders

- Cleaning and organizing

- Creating schedules

- Hiring employees

- Conflict Management
This is in context to the one in front of Steve Madden, Metrotown, Burnaby, the manager and the faculty is a big fat liar they freaking lie to you about in-store promotions and discount and then at checkout straight up lie. They have this trick to mislead customers into buying stuff and then very cleverly charge you extra!!!
Worst customer service ever.

They have no sense of how to talk to a customer and train their employees to do so too.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Lying and misleading people
Organized environment that allows you to hone social & personable skills. Friendly atmosphere with goals and targets to reach during each shift. Respectful towards all employees. Always something to do. Takes pride in professionalism.
Pros
Great community/group of people.
Cons
Not enough hours to distribute to entire team each week.
I worked here for a short amount of time. Management was not always super helpful or communicative at times, but for the majority it was fun working with products I knew and enjoyed.
Pros
flexible
Cons
communication
Fun and enjoyable place to work. Management is really nice and understanding, but may get too unorganized and very busy at times. Staff is really nice and friendly.
Great coworkers and fun atmosphere. Good product discount for employees and possibility to achieve rewards for hard work. Would recommend working here, and would work for the company again
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Call It Spring. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9