California Sandwiches Employee Reviews

Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON19 October 2018
Great workplace, with great owners. Very flexible work schedules if you have school or other responsibilities. The pay is not the best, but there is room for advancement, and working longer hours if needed.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Need to be able to work in a fast paced environment
It was great working there.
Font Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2018
Working at California Sandwiches was a horrible experience, due to lack of management and organization, yet i liked it because it taught me a lot about handling tough situations while keeping calm and confident
Fun workplace
Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
Stressful when busy but the workers always seem to laugh it off. Professional but not too serious. It is enjoyable if you are not the type to take criticism to heart
Pros
free food
Cons
busy
Motivating and excellent team work atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 May 2017
Excellent place to work and treats employees fairly with consideration and respect. Many opportunities for advancement within the restaurant. Gave me the ability to pursue my education and be a successful manager at the same time.
busy and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
working here is amazing, the people are awesome and the job has many benefits, the pay starts out at minimum wage and it is a great place to gain experiences.
i became close with my co-workers, and the managers are very understanding if you need a day off or schedule change. working here is a very good place and the food is amazing.
Pros
hours
Cons
no cons
Productive workplace with music and TV for customers.
Cashier and barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 April 2016
A typical day at work included washing and cleaning tables, bathrooms, floors, counterspaces, packaging and preparing food and beverages. In addition, interacting with customers, exchanging small-talk, enthusiastic presence and patience were all exercised throughout this job. Lastly, fast-paced money-skills and multitasking were essential when dealing with customers and preparing product.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Hot environment near cooking tables and stovetops.
Cashier/Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2016
The hours are pretty felxible and everyone is super nice. I have only had problems with one co-worker and the management was able to fix it up.
I enjoy working with the food and making the sandwiches and I also like meeting new people who come in to order the food.
It's a great place with hardly any problems.
work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON Younge street20 August 2014
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning furniture, setting up the cashier, taking orders fro customers and handling cash, credit cards, and debit cards. I learned how to use a cashier, improved my customer relationship, also learned how a restaurant functions. My co-workers were friendly and easygoing, they taught me how to run the business. Hardest part was cleaning up the kitchen, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
closing late