California Innovations

California Innovations Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
I have worked at CI (AZ) as a product designer for over a year.

They company truly allows for creative freedom / expression, whilst ensuring work is feasible for mass produced products.   The staff and leadership team all seem to have the same goals, and each one of us wants to see one another’s best potential fulfilled.  Within the one year of me being here, I have truly developed both personally and professionally.

I have never felt so comfortable and welcomed on a day to day basis at any other studio.

Through hard work and a little luck, I’ve been fortunate to have been given opportunities to produce products that will be sold in one of the biggest box stores in the world.

I am very happy that CI allows and encourages me to consistently grow within my field. I look forward going to work and seeing my colleagues whom I now can say are my friends.
Pros
GREAT team!!! flexible work hours
Cons
bad coffee :)
I've been working here for a couple of years now and I can honestly say I have a second home here. I look forward to getting up and going to work everyday. The positive workplace culture and inclusiveness is unmatched; especially compared to other places I've worked. Management is flexible when it comes to work/life balance. I feel my ideas are heard and I'm given a lot of freedom to be creative in what I do. All my co-workers are a fun bunch of people and it's no surprise to me that many of them have been working here for 10+ years. Overall, a fantastic place to work with great people and great atmosphere.
Pros
Unlimited coffee, tea, specialty drinks, Dogs are welcome, occasional events and social committee, casual dress, flexible hours, good benefits, great environment
California Innovations (Arctic Zone) is an amazing place to work. It has felt like "home" since day one. The culture and nature of the working environment is unlike any other place I have ever worked in. Everyone here truly enjoys what they do, and we are all genuinely happy to be here! The working environment is relaxed, cheerful and accommodating. We have dogs in the office more often than not--it's a great stress reliever! Along with having dogs in the office, we have a ping pong table, a large lounge and a warm and inviting kitchen! I would recommend working at California Innovations to anyone I know, and to anyone who wants a friendly, helpful, challenging and creative place to work!
I learned a lot working at California Innovations. I start at 9:00 am and finish at 4:00 in the afternoon. I am always with my day to day work load such as printing PO's, Bill of lading, and attach them to the invoice. Check each document if the amount, units, and delivery dates are matched. My supervisor will going to double check what i did and she's going to sign it in order for me to enter and then post it online using Great Plains software. I even do coding or signing an account for some expenses separating them from US account to Canadian account. I enter these transactions each item and create a batch name at the end. I even do bank reconciliation on employees expenses, management, and company's expenses. Each expense has its own account number and even suppliers has its own account code that eventually i memorized them all. I work some accounts receivables job such as create a credit note for sales return in order to balance the account. I update the file upon receiving the payment from customers. I even track the shipment, print a copy and then scan it to emailed it to the customer.
Overall, I learned a lot working at California Innovations because i don't mind helping five ladies with their work for i know that in the long run this will shape me into a better accountant.
Pros
Employees at California Innovations are so kind and polite.
California Innovations (aka Arctic Zone) is a terrific company to work at. The vibe is friendly, creative, collaborative and non-bureaucratic. Flexible work hours, casual dress code and dogs at the office help with this, but best are the people and workplace culture. Most everyone really cares about the company, their jobs, and one another. People are generally engaged and work to do their very best. Growth and development is heavily promoted from within. Management listens and does their best to encourage a positive and innovative space that helps set everyone up to succeed.
Pros
Cool workplace culture, excellent coworkers and management, company supports charitable initiatives and gets involved with the community, company and team events involving good food and beverage, casual dress code, office dogs, flex hours, good overall benefits offerings, and more!
Cons
Workload can be very heavy at certain times throughout the year, you need to manage it well and reach out for support if needed.
- Daytime 9am to 5pm hours, 1 hour lunch
- Free coffee & tea - many kinds

- Almost no chance for advancement

- Very weak management and organizational structure

- Owner has no interaction with departments outside of design

- Many inefficient employees who excessively waste company time

- Poor decisions led to diminished sales, cut backs and downsizing

- Some of the most effective employees have left or been laid off

- Monotonous work, dramatically uneven work loads

- Overall job culture and employee satisfaction is very low

- Some very kind people there, likely too comfortable to leave
Checked that a set of invoices were place and valid, prepared vouchers and put them in the system and applied cash receipts
I was fortunate enough to have a paid internship at California Innovations and be part of a great design team! I touched on almost every product that will be on store shelves from 2013.

Management and employees were great! Everyone in the company is friendly and approachable, from secretary to CEO.

Unfortunately for me, I was never taught Illustrator at school, but my manager, Liz, was super helpful in showing me the ropes and teaching me how to use the program.

It's a type of job that didn't feel like a job. I would be back there in a second if I had the opportunity.

Plus it was a 3 min drive from my apartment!
Pros
Great work environment, great people, great work-life balance
Cons
Excellent, excellent top notch company
Owners actually care

A lot of opportunity to grow and learn

Supportive management team
Pros
great benefits
The upper management at this company makes it very difficult for employees to grow and they offer very little job training and what is offered is very poorly executed. Many employees are over worked and stressed. Management does not listen to employee concerns and are interested in only the bottom line no matter how it is acheived. The HR dept. is very unexperienced and are more loyal to the owners of the company than the employees. Many good employees have left this company out of frustration. Please no matter how eager you are to find employment do not accept any job offerings from this company as you will regret it.
Pros
free coffee, free tea
Cons
no trainng, no bonuses, no pay increases, no work life balance, stressfull, poorly run hr dept., no leadership, unprofessional behaviour, poor treatment of employees.