California Closets

California Closets Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
For the period of time i worked at California Closets, i had a very pleasant experience. The work was tedious and at times strenuous but it was also fun and rewarding.
Over all great place to work, pay could be much better, mainly the reason for my departure, also work/ life balance is not great for me but if u don’t like 9-5 jobs this would be perfect for you.
It was a good place to work.I enjoyed the work and the people I had met there. I would do a lot of the shop work with regards to getting the installers set up for there days work. I would build drawers, cut hanging poles, and prep all accessories for them generally. along with spear heading most of their requests for new items they would need to help make their job easier for them. I would also be the main receiver for shipments coming in, other than the wood materials. everything else, I signed and made sure it was all there.
Pros
work days were pretty standard in the shop. got to go home on time almost everyday
Cons
communication to the front desk(ordering) was difficult at times, surprise jobs would also come up that "HAD" to be done very quickly.
California Closets franchises are beautiful places to work. Once corporate buys back the location, things change, and not always for the best in terms of employee satisfaction.
fun environment. variety of tasks which helped to keep the job interesting. worked almost 60 hour weeks. had trouble with getting paid the hours i submitted every pay period and expenses. got laid off on dec 23rd without warning due to lack of work after working 60 hour weeks.
Would do 3-5 job orders per day, in a fast paced, hands on, think on your feet work environment, with a supportive team. Coworkers were always willing to answer questions and provide explanations. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of having an order completed.
Pros
Free food days
Cons
Old machinery needing to be replaced
Productive and fun environment. Friendly owners and employees.
Everyone at California Closets are hard working and very motivated.California Closets always put the needs of their clients before their own. I would remind people to shop at California Closets because the customer service is excellent.
given lots of training in sales and designing. Always learning how to make new products and ideas how to have them installed in clients homes.
Pros
advancing my knowledge in designing
Cons
long hours of driving to and from clients homes.
Endless opportunities to learn.
Each client and project offers different challenges. The design work and customer relationships are rewarding on a personal level. This is the best part of the job.

Designing with great software and using some amazing materials and finishes.

The time requirement to maintain a reasonable income is demanding and long hours don't always equate to a healthy pay cheque. This is a 100% commission pay structure. A work life balance is difficult to maintain.

Designers are responsible for all travel expenses, and the service area is the entire lower mainland.

The team of people, with the exception of a couple, are fun and a joy to work with.
Pros
flexible schedule for consultations, oppourtunity to design something new every day, meet new and interesting people and build relationships.
Cons
Long hours, no base salary, no compensation for travel expenses