Calian

Calian Employee Reviews

Very open and supportive of their team. Flexible work environment and great hours to meet work life balance. Easy going team and open to all abilities and learning styles.
I’ve had a wonderful experience with calian and northern nursing, I had a problem and they addressed it quickly and professionally. Pay is great, and experience is amazing
I was hired as a direct employee for the organization. This company offers a great work/life balance. Great collaboration and team work. The leaders are fair and approachable. They have a friendly environment, they know how to recognize their staff and treat them with respect. The work can be difficult at times (tight deadlines), however the right support is there to ensure your success.
The work environment was great. My co-workers were fantastic. The resources to do my work were up to date and above average. The facilities were clean and professional.
I love working for Calian. It’s a great job for dental assistants who want adventure and job flexibility. I have met many wonderful people working for this company. I always feel like I am making a difference in people’s lives.
Very diverse company with so much opportunity to work on different projects in different areas. CEO is awesome. Really great people all through the company all over the country. Amazing work-life balance. Good culture. Some technology and policies are a little out of date, but there's constant improvement all the time.
- Great starting point for a career, or if you are looking to build skillsets quickly -There isn't room for advancement - The business of Calian is great, but once numbers start to fall slightly beware.. (read the reviews)... whether you are full time, part time or a contractor , termination is a very real thing here - i've seen many great people get walked out (in front of the entire team) - all who you know here...
Pros
- good pay
Cons
- no job security, no mentorship
calian salaries for specialists appear attractive however we were paid monthly as opposed to bi-monthly like all others (so Callian earns interest on highest salaries); each year benefits disappear (although I had no benefits whatsoever); there was absolutely no support for autonomous practice. Calian managers difficult to reach for help but are ultimately there to support your employer, not you; psychologists are encouraged not to raise ethical issues or try to change things. Electronic time sheets have not facilitated payment. If you have no ambition and no ethical boundaries, Calian is the company for you.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Salary looks attractive but no benefits whatsoever
This company seems to revel in luring people into their false promises and unclear methods of communication. The company is never up front about the "realities" of the job, and they pull the rug out from under you at the last minute. Save your time and energy - apply somewhere else. They go through employees like people do with grocery bags - once they used you to transport their goods, you get tossed into the trash to rot. This company needs to die.
Pros
Cons
recruiters
Calian has a great supportive team that is always available. great educational perks. Great communication, great opportunities. Unfortunately we have been shifted over to Bayshore Health, I was saddened after my 4 years with Calian.
This is one of the worst company where you can work! Never go to this company, specially as contractor. They hire you with super minimum salary. They don't respect to employees.if you don't find a job after 1 year you can go calian!!
Pros
Nothing!!
Cons
If you're hire as contractor, no insurance, no life balance, no bonus, no benefit, minimum salary
Calian is a great starting point for your career. My experience with the company is there is no room for advancement. Smaller corporation but has great perks.
This company gets large government contracts through "connections" and questionable bidding practices. Pay and benefits are very good, but if you care about doing a good job, or doing what is right for the client, you are told in no uncertain terms to shut up or you will be fired, even if it means you are now party to unethical business practices. Middle management is very weak, likely because they were also told to shut up and get on with it or they would be fired. The ones that remain expect the workers below them to adopt the same unprincipled, spineless position that allowed them to keep their job. There is a reason why they are always looking for people even though the pay is very good. It is a soul-sucking company to work for.
Pros
pay
Cons
see above
My typical day at work starts with a meeting of all employees first thing in the morning. then I basically see patients continuously for allergy desentitizatin, vaccines or for teaching for diabetics and HTN. I have learned so much about immunizations and allergy desensitization. I recently completed the advanced immunization course. most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients and being able to teach on different disease processes.
Pros
Staff I work with
Cons
Can be extremely busy
Embaucher pour un contrat de 6 mois qui a finalement commencer plus tard et durée seulement deux mois. L'employeur t'embauche d'Ottawa pour un contrat pour ton titre d'emploi.Finallement ,une gestionnaire qui est partout et pas là pour toi et son bras droit qui se fait tout sa gestion de la nouvelle employée.Si tu fais la job mais pas à sa face et bien ....aOttawa descend pour te mettre à porte sans pouvoir parler ou échanger quoi que ce soit.Compagnie qui manque de transparence et qui a des mauvais coordinateur.Formation inadéquate pour le travail et la gestion à faire.
Pros
Salaire, horaire
Cons
Irrespectueux et malhonnête avec ses employées
Calian is a great company and great place to work with high standard. Job security however is a concern however. There is some negative managers who are too political about the environment and not "human" enough
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Contract was supposed to be 6 months but was actually less than 2 months and was given only minutes notice of termination because the client pushed out the go-live date which meant that fewer project team members were needed to complete the work- Salary only and no benefits
Pros
Free Lunch catered by the client
Cons
No advance notice of contract termination
While the pay and benefits were amazing, this company requires its staff be "autonomous and not require much training". What this translates into is, 1) don't ask questions, 2) figure out the policies/procedures of your placement on your own, 3) if you can't figure it out on your own, you're not independent enough to work with us. Perhaps it's not the same in all locations, but I found other Calian employees to be very clique-y and unfriendly. This company also does not believe in feedback or follow-up.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
No training, no feedback, unfriendly staff
Really bad company. poor pay. brainwashed employees. they spend more time selling and bolstering the credentials of the company to each other and anyone that calls, than they do actually performing the duties they were hired to do! basically look for work elsewhere. they are ripe with government funding but it doesn't trickle down to the professionals that get suckered into taking jobs.
Pros
Cons
as above .. everything
C'était un emploi très intéressante, parfois avec de longue heures. J'ai trouver que cette compagnie mettait en valeurs l'esprit d'équipe.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
longue heures
I work from home for this company. good salary, good management.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no job security