Calian

Calian Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews

companygreatjobworkpayemployeebenefitgood

contract with ISC Supersedes your importance with the company

Working at nursing stations in the north is rewarding. Calian, however, values that contract more than you as an employee. Some nursing stations have quite a bit of influence by the Chief and council without any regard to due process or fairness. ISC/FNIHB will simply bend to whatever the complaint is and Calian will not fight for your right. You take your chances working here.

Environnement de travail et soutien technique irréprochable

7.5 h de travail entre 07h00 et 18h00 comme contractant avec le Ministère de la Défense nationale. Supervision minimale, discipline requise et autonomie complète. Enseignement virtuel à distance à de jeunes logisticiens nouvellement recruté par les Forces armées canadiennes.

Insights into Calian

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Great workplace for everyone

Reliable company. A higher than average wage. Management is awesome. Stable schedule. Nice coworkers. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends.

Pros

Salary, schedule, environment

Feel very supported

I’ve had a wonderful experience with calian and northern nursing, I had a problem and they addressed it quickly and professionally. Pay is great, and experience is amazing

Great environment, great people

I was hired as a direct employee for the organization. This company offers a great work/life balance. Great collaboration and team work. The leaders are fair and approachable. They have a friendly environment, they know how to recognize their staff and treat them with respect. The work can be difficult at times (tight deadlines), however the right support is there to ensure your success.

A great place to work

The work environment was great. My co-workers were fantastic. The resources to do my work were up to date and above average. The facilities were clean and professional.

An awesome job!!

I love working for Calian. It’s a great job for dental assistants who want adventure and job flexibility. I have met many wonderful people working for this company. I always feel like I am making a difference in people’s lives.

Very open and supportive of their team. Flexible work environment and great hours to meet work life balance. Easy going team and open to all abilities and learning styles.

So much opportunity!

Very diverse company with so much opportunity to work on different projects in different areas. CEO is awesome. Really great people all through the company all over the country. Amazing work-life balance. Good culture. Some technology and policies are a little out of date, but there's constant improvement all the time.

great for experience, but that's about it

- Great starting point for a career, or if you are looking to build skillsets quickly -There isn't room for advancement - The business of Calian is great, but once numbers start to fall slightly beware.. (read the reviews)... whether you are full time, part time or a contractor , termination is a very real thing here - i've seen many great people get walked out (in front of the entire team) - all who you know here...

Pros

- good pay

Cons

- no job security, no mentorship

Psychiatrists and physicians are paid monthly whereas others are paid bi-weekly. Consider how much interest Calian makes on these high earners.

calian salaries for specialists appear attractive however we were paid monthly as opposed to bi-monthly like all others (so Callian earns interest on highest salaries); each year benefits disappear (although I had no benefits whatsoever); there was absolutely no support for autonomous practice. Calian managers difficult to reach for help but are ultimately there to support your employer, not you; psychologists are encouraged not to raise ethical issues or try to change things. Electronic time sheets have not facilitated payment. If you have no ambition and no ethical boundaries, Calian is the company for you.

Pros

Almost everything

Cons

Salary looks attractive but no benefits whatsoever

Horrible Company and Representatives!

This company seems to revel in luring people into their false promises and unclear methods of communication. The company is never up front about the "realities" of the job, and they pull the rug out from under you at the last minute. Save your time and energy - apply somewhere else. They go through employees like people do with grocery bags - once they used you to transport their goods, you get tossed into the trash to rot. This company needs to die.

Pros

Cons

recruiters

Great supportive team

Calian has a great supportive team that is always available. great educational perks. Great communication, great opportunities. Unfortunately we have been shifted over to Bayshore Health, I was saddened after my 4 years with Calian.

Worst company

This is one of the worst company where you can work! Never go to this company, specially as contractor. They hire you with super minimum salary. They don't respect to employees.if you don't find a job after 1 year you can go calian!!

Pros

Nothing!!

Cons

If you're hire as contractor, no insurance, no life balance, no bonus, no benefit, minimum salary

Team orientated

Calian is a great starting point for your career. My experience with the company is there is no room for advancement. Smaller corporation but has great perks.

Ethically Challenged

This company gets large government contracts through "connections" and questionable bidding practices. Pay and benefits are very good, but if you care about doing a good job, or doing what is right for the client, you are told in no uncertain terms to shut up or you will be fired, even if it means you are now party to unethical business practices. Middle management is very weak, likely because they were also told to shut up and get on with it or they would be fired. The ones that remain expect the workers below them to adopt the same unprincipled, spineless position that allowed them to keep their job. There is a reason why they are always looking for people even though the pay is very good. It is a soul-sucking company to work for.

Pros

pay

Cons

see above

Productive work environment

My typical day at work starts with a meeting of all employees first thing in the morning. then I basically see patients continuously for allergy desentitizatin, vaccines or for teaching for diabetics and HTN. I have learned so much about immunizations and allergy desensitization. I recently completed the advanced immunization course. most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients and being able to teach on different disease processes.

Pros

Staff I work with

Cons

Can be extremely busy

Déception de la gestion des ressources humaines

Embaucher pour un contrat de 6 mois qui a finalement commencer plus tard et durée seulement deux mois. L'employeur t'embauche d'Ottawa pour un contrat pour ton titre d'emploi.Finallement ,une gestionnaire qui est partout et pas là pour toi et son bras droit qui se fait tout sa gestion de la nouvelle employée.Si tu fais la job mais pas à sa face et bien ....aOttawa descend pour te mettre à porte sans pouvoir parler ou échanger quoi que ce soit.Compagnie qui manque de transparence et qui a des mauvais coordinateur.Formation inadéquate pour le travail et la gestion à faire.

Pros

Salaire, horaire

Cons

Irrespectueux et malhonnête avec ses employées

Great workplace but can be too political

Calian is a great company and great place to work with high standard. Job security however is a concern however. There is some negative managers who are too political about the environment and not "human" enough

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Contract Work

Contract was supposed to be 6 months but was actually less than 2 months and was given only minutes notice of termination because the client pushed out the go-live date which meant that fewer project team members were needed to complete the work- Salary only and no benefits

Pros

Free Lunch catered by the client

Cons

No advance notice of contract termination

Great pay, awful management and work environment

While the pay and benefits were amazing, this company requires its staff be "autonomous and not require much training". What this translates into is, 1) don't ask questions, 2) figure out the policies/procedures of your placement on your own, 3) if you can't figure it out on your own, you're not independent enough to work with us. Perhaps it's not the same in all locations, but I found other Calian employees to be very clique-y and unfriendly. This company also does not believe in feedback or follow-up.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

No training, no feedback, unfriendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calian. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement