Calgary Stampede Employee Review

View all Calgary Stampede reviews

Rude.
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2014
They tell us at orientation that we should also show the customer the best experience and we should polite and kind, yet the management at the parking office is anything but. I do not appreciate being constantly talked down to and disrespected. I honestly tried to be happy and welcoming when I walked into the big 4 every morning but it would not be reciprocated. The management believes that they are the only ones who can have a bad day and the employees are always having a great day. The management is horrible and the treatment of the employees is grotesque.

The other attendants I worked with however, were great! We were all in the same boat with learning how to properly do our jobs and everyone was very friendly out on the roads.

I would not recommend parking for anyone because it is a constant standing position, for 8 hours and you are in the sun constantly.

Also the pay is not high enough considering people in cars don't care about us and neither does the management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Log hours, heat and disrespect.

Other Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Great Work Experience
Usher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
This was one of my first jobs. It was not too stressful, but I managed to learn a lot about communicating with guests and coworkers. I learned the importance of following safety precautions.
Pros
Free concerts
Cons
Lame uniform
was an experience
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
i only worked one summer to get a completion in my program with Mcbride Career Group. They had courses in that program that made me a better person. but as for working as a carny that year wasnt something i would ever do again
Pros
new experience
Cons
not good pay