Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews for Maintenance Person

Fun atmosphere, great place to meet new people
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2018
Very fun place to work. A lot of great people to make new friends with.

If you're in park maintenance you're going to be walking around a lot so wear comfortable shoes.

Don't wear your nice clothes either because you will be handling garbage, and most of the garbages leak so you don't want that garbage juice on your nice clothes.

If you're in a group with others, talk to them and make friends with them. It'll make the job be less of a chore and you'll actually meet awesome people and have a lot of fun. I was basically getting paid to talk to people and it felt awesome. I forgot that we were even cleaning up the park and changing the garbage cans. One of the best summers I have ever had and I met a lot of cool people here. You just have to be open to conversation and you'll have a good time.
Pros
Meeting new people, getting paid, free rides (1 day)
Cons
Out in the sun all day, two 15 min breaks and one 1 hour lunch break, Alot of walking if you're doing park maintenance
great
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2017
i loved this opportunity! my co workers where really supportive and the pay rate was fantastic! you meet a lot of new people, and you get free lunches!
Fun work envioronment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
Stampede provides a good stepping stone for future job opportunities. Being straight out of high school searching for a job was a hard thing to do, but the people employed me for the 2017 stampede year. I didn't need a lot of qualifications.
Pros
Enployee Pass
Cons
Stampede is a very enjoyable job
Park and Facilities Maintanance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
Stampede is a very enjoyable job, very nice staff, treat you with respect and kindness. I had a lot of fun and still do. I will continue to work there as long as no other job opportunities arise.
Exilent
Park Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
A Typical day at work consists of Arriving at 7:00am. I mostly just Helped maintain the cleanness of the Stampede Grounds. I learned a lot of new skills during this job such as time management and and some creative ways to get things done. The management was Alright. I think the hardest part of the job was having to work outside in the heat all the time. the most enjoyable part of the job was bonding with other workers
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hot weather
very productive and fun work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2014
cleaned up the floors,table's,bathroom's,and took garbage and recycling
Nice Co-workers and Supervisor
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2012
Work usually started at 8 am in the morning. It varied most of the time but normally it was an early shift. We worked till the evening. The Calgary stampede is a 12 day job, so this was a routine for about 12 days. I loved working at the stampede. The staffs and supervisor were super friendly and willingly to help you if you had any problem with your schedule or just problems in general. There was a specific team I worked with everyday and by the end of Stampede, we became like a family. The teamwork was impeccable. Everyone helped each other when necessary. The hardest part of my job was probably dealing with customers when it got extremely busy.
Pros
50% of purchases on the grounds. prizes for doing a good job.
Cons
standing and walking for long hours