Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews for Cashier

Fast Paced, Busy Days, Lots of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
You deal first hand with with thousands of people coming to enjoy the Calgary stampede. makes the environment more uplifting and enjoyable to work in.
Driven and Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2018
Working at the Calgary Stampede was a very eye opening experience. The people that you work with are helpful and very friendly. They train you right from the get go. People are always willing to help.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Good
Cashier at the Hitching Post (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2017
A good pay for 10 days of work. Not too time consuming and offers a unique cultural work experience. The training could use some improvement but it is sufficient for only working 10 days.
very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
It was a nice job that I was comfortable working at, and we got to eat what ever we wanted from our work station. The managers was kind and reasonable with the work load.
Pros
free food
Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2017
Fantastic way to make money fast so you don't need to spend too much time on it, the staff is awesome, fun and energetic and is always great to work with. Definitely, takes a toll on you though so be prepared for that.
Overall a fun place to work and very welcoming
Prep and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
great work area but unprofessional in some areas. Sometimes you were unaware of your work schedule, It was hard to get in contact with the supervisor or even harder to get into the park without a pass because they didn't give us work I.D
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
unprofessional
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
fun place to work, employers are all considerate of your concerns and listen to your problems and tries to fix them, however the wage and hours suck...
Pros
good people
Cons
hours suck, no benefits
Fun place to work but low pay
Cashier Assistant Concessions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2017
It was fun to work here but the pay was minimum but the discount was awesome. Lots of people so it was always lively. Gave split shifts at wrong times so i had to stay there 12 hours.
Pros
Discounted lunches, fun
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great work place
Gate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
It was a very nice working environment with free rides and few free shows. I counted all the money, recorded them, separated the petty cash, and deposited the rest of the amount. That's the work I did at that time. There were some nice coaches to guide me and the people like me.
Pros
pleasant work environment with free rides
Cons
N/a
Organized, productive
CASHIER, AT CALGARY STAMPEDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 October 2015
Everything is perfect. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. Work at Calgary Stampede is the most comfortable for me to learn how they organized their employees and systems, co-workers are cool and they help me to utilize our customers perfectly is customer service. I don't feel like there is the hardest part in my job and I am enjoy to this job
fun worplace with lots to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB1 October 2015
the stampede is the greatest place on earth job wise because you can make a lot of money in 10 days. a normal work day would be you arriving on the stampede grounds, singing in the heading to your work post, working your hours then heading home or staying at the grounds.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hot hours
Productive and Fun
Park Admission Staff (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2015
It was challenging and fun but their salary was poor.
I learned about cultural diversity and communicating with different kinds of people.
I learned how to handle stress
My co-workers are great
The hardest part of the job is the whole 8 hours shift, because the flow of people/customer was constant.
Fun job BUT beware... parking department is in midst of management crisis
Parking Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2014
I loved the job and was such a proud Stampede employee but watching as prices rose, customer service levels fell and experienced, knowledgable staff were squeezed out became too much to bare. Management has proven unable to proactively plan and staff appropriately for annual events. Perpetual staff shortages mean staff are often over worked, undervalued and unappreciated. Leading to high turn over and the cycle repeats. Management is unwilling or unable to do anything to change this cycle. Opportunities for advancement are reserved for favourites and not based on experience, knowledge or education. If you enjoy greeting people, providing information and directions and can work in an environment that does not value you and varies from crazy- cars everywhere, to ghost town- not a car to be seen, then working for parking might be for you. Ah ya, don't forget parking is outside so you need to be able to brave all weather conditions. The Stampede means a lot to me. It has potential to be a great place but at present I would recommend avoiding employment there especially in the parking department.
Pros
Fun events make for good atmosphere, flexible
Cons
Weather, poorly managed, over worked