Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

all around great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
I absolutely loved working with this company everyone was so friendly and from all around the world, they all traveled withing the stampede and I always was given the opportunity to travel with the company and i chose not to take it due to my family. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this company i loved everyday with them.
great time
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2019
so much fun, lots of hard work, lots of money, tips are great, the stampede is really busy and lots of new people and new fun experiences, so busy and great
Very fun and outgoing people
Popcorn maker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2019
I really liked working here, my boss (tracey ried) and my supervisor (benny) they were great people and I got good working hours and I would definitely come back and work for the Calgary Stampede
Calgary Stampede volunteers work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2019
Not a bad place to work, management is very good. Are kept up to date on what goes on and when you are on shift. I’d say that the Calgary stampede is a great place to get experience.
Truly the greatest outdoor show on earth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2019
Training process was extremely informative. There was probably about half the amount of training hours to work hours, and it was needed. By the time we were on park, we had everything we possibly needed to succeed.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate, Lammle's Western Wear (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2019
Typical day at work was productive and fun, management was excellent and fair, workplace culture was very pleasant and hard working, hardest part of the job was enduring to the summer heat, the most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships.
Pros
Good pay considering time worked
Cons
Great place to work and great manigment
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2019
My shift started at 7 AM and I worked till 3:30 PM had two 15 min breaks and one 30 min. we worked in teams of around five people that would look after sections of the park insuring no garbage on the ground, all the garages aren't full and over all upkeep. Spent most of the day on my feet. The management was very nice and caring.
Pros
lot's of shifts
Cons
all day on feet
great company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
loved working here, great people to work with. being outside and not working in the same area all the time! definitely would work there again!!!!!!!!!!
Great starting job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2018
Was a good starting job, good community of helpful people. was paid 10$ per hour when the minimum wage was at that level. Working at this company was very good. they had good ways of helping people.
Good pay for the work
Catering (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2018
Good pay for the jobs that you are doing, and a successful and world-class catering location. Due to the nature of the job, shifts can be sporadic, but shifts are flexible with week-by-week availability.
Pros
Meals on shift
Cons
Unreliable for consistency
Its tough work but you get money
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 December 2018
So I worked at stampede this summer at a food truck.
Let me tell you it gets crazy busy, managers can be snappy and you will work long hours (most only pay minimum wage).
So yea its exhausting and annoying but you know what in the end you'll make some bank. If you find the right place you can make over 1,000 in these ten days so go for it, it is a challenge.
Cons
long hours, annoying managers
a fun workplace to work at
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2018
a nice place to work at and i learned how to communicate with people better the management is organized and the workplace culture is a very happy feeling
Cultural Experience
Dancer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2018
Working within the Stampede community was great always had a good time with the surrounding environment. Lots of people everywhere which was good for meeting new people who like the culture.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long summer hours
Enjoyable interaction with clients
Part time coat check (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
Perfected my skills at working with people, (clients and staff).

Learned to handle cash and balance at checkout.

Workplace culture is fine as it provides opportunity to interact with others.

Hardest part of job is an unexpected surge or clients and too little staff to handle the number of clients.

Most enjoyable part is interaction with others especially clients.
Pros
Cons
insufficient hours
doesn't seem to promote or encourage loyalty, hard work is not rewarded
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2018
They hired me on the false pretense that I would be working permanently just before the Stampede started and then excused me right after without any real reasoning other than I was on 3 month probation and were exercising their right to let me go. I understand it can be hard to find people to work temporarily but it would have been nice for them to at least say why they were letting me go, even if it was because they decided they no longer needed that position. I loved all my co-workers and enjoyed the job, it seemed to have great culture on the surface. There was no real on-board training but the staff that helped me were amazing! Great, great people to work with, I just didn't appreciate the manner in which they let me go. I also have yet to get my ROE and its been 3mths!
Productive and sometimes a struggle
Venue Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2018
Taking out the trash, cleaning the washroom, then help clean garbage bags from the seats, check washroom if it needs more stocking, sweeping the floor plenty of times.

What I learned is to communicate is very important during your shift, if there is a lack of talking, things will end bad.

Sometimes it is find your manager, because they have to check on multiple people on different levels on the Grand Stand.

Workplace culture is sometimes awkward because when staff members says something and misheard it, when talking to them, they forget what they talked about.

Hardest part is when you have to do the workload of an entire level of the Grand Stand.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when get to finish your work and listen and watch the performances live.
Pros
Listen to the acts live
Cons
Workmates are not communicative
very great first job
grbage crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2018
this was an amazing oportunity for me after seeking employement in various places i finally got a job here which made it so much easier to get a part time job aftrwards i will never regret it.
Pros
good money and excercise
Cons
icking up garbage
It was great
Gate Attendant/Entry (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2018
I loved working for the Calgary Stampede, it was my first job and it was probably the hardest I ever worked out of any job I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone looking.
Good vibes and good people around you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2018
My day's consisted of taking orders and handling change and interacting with costumer. The work culture was good it was nice that it was during the summer time and everyone was happy and the vibes were good. Hardest part about the job would have to be dealing with the heat during the days but most enjoyable part was definitely the customer interaction and the experience of working at the stampede.
Fun workplace!!
Guest ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2018
I worked at the Calgary Stampede for the first time not gonna lie it was not a bad experience. Meeting new people was amazing everyone who I worked with was so nice,I worked at the zip line I would say it was a good experience for me. My breaks were fine only for 20 mins or half a hour once,but everything else was good. I got okay hours too!
Pros
Discount on meals and got to ride the zipline for free
Cons
Standing for long periods of times