Calgary Stampede

Calgary Stampede Employee Reviews

Canada366 reviews
productive and wonderful
enjoyed working hands on and in a social workplace. Everyone was professional and yet such good people. supervisors were very patient and helpful with us when we needed help.
Big place, big amounts of food
mass amount making of food
does have some smaller outlets and a grill cafe

no restaurants, banquets and buffets, receptions.

causal part time work is pretty much only work available, meaning, no full time year round work. some part of the year is busier then others.

a place to pick up a few extra bucks next to your regular job
Amazing workplace
I worked at a restaurant on the stampede grounds. It is truly a amazing environment to work because of the employers and other employees. If you ever get the chance to work at the Calgary Stampede I would highly recommend it.
Fun place to work
Great people, most are hard working and very safety conscience. Follow protocol is a must but hours are always changing due to demand. Lots of other opportunities. Management listens.
Pros
You can book your hours for your convenience
Cons
Can schedule on 8 hour shifts. No flexible for 4 hours shifts
The culture of the stampede is welcoming even to the bottom line workers
as a gate attendant you mostly just help at the gate, whether it be scanning tickets, stamping people, or giving people directions. Even at this job, you will become weirdly knowledgeable of the stampede and its ins and outs as you will have plenty of time to chat with other coworkers and supervisors. Though beware, depending on the gate you will deal with quite a bit of drunk people in late shifts (they don't cause much of a fuss tho)
Hard but fulfilling work
If your willing to work hard and have a positive work ethic, this would be a great place. Stampede branding means everything, Treating the clients and visitors with Western hospitality is the number one priority.
No two events are ever the same so thinking quickly and being creative is key to meet the client's requirements.
Lots of politics in North Admin building
Lack of planning
Lack of team work

Lack of Management

Lack of trust

Managers in north admin building are always busy with own politics

Favoritism

No promotion
Long term career
A solid company to have a career with. A big part of the city and community. Everyday is different than the last. Never the same function the next day.
Great place
If you can get a job at stampede you should, hard work, but great pay! its only a short amount of time but depending on what you do you are able to have enough money to possibly not work the rest of the year, or even just have a good chunk into the pavings (this is all depending on what point in your life you're in) however highly reccomend.
Great place to work with better people
I enjoyed my time working at the Calgary Stampede. The pay was very good and there was lots of work. The people there were super friendly and hard working people.
Good
Working hard on any choreography, keeping with tempo and going to rehearsal.
Being able to time manage practice outside of band.

Working on technique and posture.
Great people and organization
The Calgary Stampede is one of, if not THE, best organization that I've worked for. The culture and the people are amazing and it is not uncommon to hear that someone has worked for the organization for over 30 years.

The Calgary Stampede has great pride in work and that includes people that don't even work at the Stampede! All of the full-time, part-time, and seasonal workers are great! The organization is very fortunate to have a great volunteer base as well!

Go Calgary, go Calgary Stampede!
Great place to work!
The most enjoyable aspect of working for this organization is the people. They are comprised of a diverse group of staff and volunteers, that collectively work together to ensure guests and clients receive great value.
I worked for a food truck during stampede
I worked for a food truck hired by the stampede it was a good time working, very high paced, and no room for mistakes.The constant rush of costumers was nice as it did not allow room for hesitation but it made it very hard because you never had a relief to collect yourself during the long shift
Fun workplace but low pay
I really enjoyed working at the Calgary Stampede, the managers were great, my fellow employees were fun, but it's more of a starter entry job for kids and you don't make very much. Your feet will be very sore after 8 hours running around serving people, there is no sitting and breaks are short, but I found that the people there made the job worth it. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with customer demand, as it got very busy at peak times and I was the only cook in my shack that year, so I had to train and supervise some cashiers to help me out. However I always felt appreciated and I even won a $100 gift card from management as they were very impressed with my dedication and passion. I would recommend it to anyone, it's short and sweet and it's a great way to gain experience.
All good
Lots of interaction and exposure with training on board.Good environment for people and while CALGARY learns how to train people from stampede. Helpful team.
Excellent company
Calgary Stampede is a great company to work for, I got to work here for two different opportunities as a busser/Server. The environment is fast paced and everyone working within the company is hardworking.
I learned to work with people I didn’t even know.
At first I didn’t know anyone there because me and all my friends applied but I only got a call back, so once I started my first day it was easy I got along wth my peers and my supervisor.
It was a collaborative place to work and was not hard or stressful.
I enjoyed working at the Calgary Stampede, it was very accepting and I felt welcome every day. The interaction with other employees and customers every day was very enlightening. I would recommend anyone to work at the Stampede due to its friendliness and work morals.
Fun
grat food large events that are exciting to work. The staff meals are delicious. Prepare for fast paced work and some late nights if you do work here in the future
Work at Stampede are hard but fulfilling and enjoyable
Calgary stampede season creates job. And I like it, because I have summer break from my regular job every month of July.
I wish I can work again at Calgary Stampede.