Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation

Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Best employer I've ever worked for
There is a family feel at CSEC that's amazing. I loved working there and while I cannot speak to front line work, if you are looking to make a career CSEC is a great option.
Good job
Although sometimes stressful, the fast paced environment is exciting to be in. The community of fans are great and so are the employees. I would recommend working here for a first time job.
Fun place to work....
Fun place to work, and co workers are fun, but they’re super cheap. This is the lowest paid security job in Calgary, and they won’t give any of their guards a promotion because that would cost money. They use outside security instead, it’s cheaper for them. It sucks for the guards who want to move up
workers where kind. Management mistreated workers
CSEC, for the most part was a great place to work, what made it a struggle is the fact that half of the under age workers where all incompetent and couldn't do a simple task like unwrap butter and put it in the melting pot, or top pizza. The laziness of some of these employees baffles me!
Productive and flexible workplace.
I recommend this job for anyone who has a busy schedule (especially if your a student). The shifts are fun and flexible, and public transit is available.
City officials you are a part of influencing
The thing I love about the situation is that you are a part of the city and a great deal of your time you will be able to make a difference in your fellow community and get to work with the people who are the real people that make the job a very rewarding experience
Flexible schedule and alright staff
I worked in the concession stands for a short period of time during the major events taking place in the Saddledome and McMahon Stadium and during that time I got to learn a lot serving customers in the alcohol and food business.

One thing that I like is that the work environment is fairly flexible and the staff and management are alright to deal with.

Pro:

- Flexible staff

- Good culture

- Nice staff

Con:

- Not having a consistent schedule

- work hours are random (Based on events)
Flexible schedule and exciting atmosphere
Hours were very flexible with my school and full-time work schedule. Events were exciting to be a part of. Staff were very friendly and everyone felt welcome during each shift.
Seasonal work
It is only part-time work, very dependent on games and concerts, no guaranteed hours. Work hours are mostly nights and weekends. Salary is reasonable for the work done.
Overall a good job if you are a student
Amazing place to work if you are currently a full-time student, shifts usually start around 5:00pm and end around 10:30pm-11:00pm, based mostly around the 4 major Calgary sports teams. Management is alright, the supervisors are really easy to get along with and work with. Job culture is amazing if you love the atmosphere of sporting events
Friendly Workplace
Typical Customer service job. I really like the people I work with. My manager is approachable, friendly, and cares the employees. We leave a lot of voicemails, but that's par for the course.
Pros
Staff events throughout the year
Good team environment
This was a good experience for students. I worked here to gain money credits to go toward my band membership fees and travel expenses for our yearly tour.
Pros
Able to work after school
Cons
Shifts ended late in the evening
for the most part it is fun
it is not that hard of a job to do, aside from the long hours
standing up on concrete which leaves one with a sore back and feet

the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all sorts of new

people and being able to connect with them which leaves them

feeling good
Pros
some discounts on certain tickets and merchandise
Cons
some nights go very late
Lack of direction from mangement team in food and beverage
It has been a ok place to work then the new chef started . In a position that he should not be in.. it open box cooking you not going to learn anything...
Pros
staff cafeteria staff
Cons
Food And beverage managers
Good work enviroment
While I didn't work there long the experience was still fun, all my co-workers were nice and the supervisor was cool. They let us take breaks while it was slow.
Great job for flexibility and unhateful work place
I thought that this job was easy to understand, challenging at times, and overall a great way to earn some pay. The people there were fun and overall supportive, and a bonus was that it was a nice work out.
Students Only
Good job for students as you pick your own hours on the software. Often overstaffed and get canceled before shifts. Wage is minimum and no benefits provided.
Unique experience with great people
I actually love working with CSEC at the Saddledome. Most of my coworkers are great, and bosses are usually very understanding. My biggest complaint would just be having it mandatory to stand for up to 6 hours in one spot when you're placed on an exit door for the entire shift, but that doesn't happen all the time (maybe 15-20% of shifts you are in one spot the entire time). It is fast paced and keeps you on your toes.
Pros
Get to experience being at big events (ex. play offs for hockey)
Cons
Standing in one spot for 6 hours
Excellent Culture
Great place to work but only constitutes as part time job. Fun and good work culture. Very flexible and easy to schedule. Management is very good and coaching for success.
Concessions
The stands are small but hold a lot, its a fun place to work, the thing I didn't like were the late nights but that's a given with the workplace and who they work for, games and concerts etc you don't really have a say
Fun and friendly work environment
Working at the Saddledome provides a fun filled work environment. Management is filled with enthusiastic team players allowing staff to feel stress-free. Scheduling is very flexible. Great place to make new friends and build healthy relationships with everyone of all departments. Most staff are either young adults, or have been working there since they were young adults. Opportunities to attend staff events occur regularly. Overall a great place to work at if you're looking for a flexible, friendly, fun-filled work environment
Pros
Low prices on great food in the lunch room, friendly and understanding floor supervisors/management, competitive wages
Cons
Late game start means closing and getting off late.