Calgary Parking Authority

Calgary Parking Authority Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Great environment, career choice!!
Company work environment was fantastic, a lot of comradery within the departments.

Gained professional training in administrative tasks, as well as phone/written communication skills.
Best place to work
The supervisor is easy to talk with and she listens keenly to what is being said.
I made a suggestion and she advised me to email the IT department with my suggestion (she assisted me with a few changes) and my suggestion was implemented. Unlike some supervisors, she didn't want to get the praise for a suggestion that wasn't hers.

Great team to work with.
All people including bossed are very helpful and nice as well. Always there to help.
What I love most was, my bosses at customer attendant department were excellent. Always there to help. duties itself is pretty simple and easy however have to follow the policy all the time.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
could be better workplace in terms of trust.
Good place ,good money
Very good place to work. Great people and bosses! I don't have anything negative to say about this place. I would like to work there again if the company has any openings.
Pros
Good schedule, good benefits.
Cons
Dirty, Dusty
Productive Day
Come into work and check emails, meet the officers on duty. Assign work to all the officer in all parts of the city.
I enjoyed working various shifts, day night and afternoon.
Pros
Active work
Cons
None.
Massive restructuring
Calgary parking authority is going through a massive restructuring that includes the firing of the majority of management and Senior staff. Staff work on a day-to-day basis wondering if or when their jobs will be in jeopardy. For a company that claims a direct link to working with the City of Calgary this is one of the more poorly run companies within the City of Calgary portfolio
Fun Workplace but with Cultural Problems
Great opportunity and tons of work to do, but the culture of the company makes it hard to work at highest level. There is lots of rumors, inter and intra departmental clashes, and as a summer student I just felt like I couldn't trust most people.
Pros
Employee Benifits
Cons
Toxic Workplace Culture
Supportive workplace
The work is tough but rewarding. I've never felt more empowered to make a difference in my community before. Great opportunities for training and education.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
35 hours/ week is full-time
It was fun place to work at
good company to work for, excellent staff to work with, very good personnel and work life balance. Good benefits, worked in different departments and learned a lot
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Secure work place but no room for advancement
The work culture is not bad. If you keep your head down and just do the job they ask you then all is good. They do not want more or less in this company and there is no room for advancement. Everybody has a job to do, do not step outside that job. It is pleasant enough but no challenges.
Pros
descent benefits
Cons
very boring work
Culture changes regularly
A very challenging place to be employed. Management and workplace culture extremely difficult to maintain an understanding of (it seems to change on a whim with no thought to all the consequences). Layoffs, downsizing subject to the economy.
Pros
remuneration
Cons
stress and confusion
A great place to work at
It is a great place to work at; great pay, great salary and bonuses, a great management and job culture. The only disadvantage of CPA is the shift work
Pros
Great pay and benifets
Cons
Shift work
Profit first company
Management has lost touch with the day to day operations faced by emplolyees. Decent salary and benefits, hours ok depending on position, must be able to deal with stress from within company and with the general public
Benefits
Cons
productive and fun loving place
Very nice and fun loving place, all co workers have feeling of team work. Supervisors and higher management are very cooperative and have respect for every one . To learn something new every day is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calgary Parking Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Calgary Parking Authority Reviews by Location