Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre Society Employee Review

View all Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre Society reviews

Always something exciting going on!
Adult Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2019
If you don't mind being on your feet for 8 hours with little rest and lots of excitement, this is a good place to be an Adult Care Worker! The DI is Western Canada's largest homeless shelter with nearly 1500 people nightly in the winter. Lots of logistical work, getting people to where they need to be, feeding people, providing basic need supplies. Lots of paitence and a good sense of humor required. The pay could be better and some of the staff are... werid. But I enjoyed it while I could stand it (literally, my feet were dying after two winters)
Pros
Free food, Excitement, Learning
Cons
Stressful, Physically Demanding, Unsafe at times.

Other Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre Society Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Acw (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2019
Unless you enjoy working short handed, having no breaks, no lunch hour. Eating a meal on the fly. Having clients abuse you with little to no consequences then keep looking. Since management change and revamping its nothing to do with helping humanity. The drop in centre is in crisis but management doesn’t care. For your own safety DO NOT WORK THERE.
Pros
Good benefits and RRSP
Cons
No breaks, uncaring management, high stress, heavy workload
My boss, employees and impact made it worthwhile
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
Like any organization you are going to have your pros and cons, but there were more pros. My boss, mentor is an intelligent, compassionate person who balanced the needs of the organization and employees to ensure the vision and mission moved forward. The position provided me the opportunity to learn and grow in my industry and personally.
Pros
Boss, Frontline Employees, Impact, Hope, Benefits, Perks, Development Opportunity, Workload
Cons
Workload, Long hours, Seeing people in their darkest of days