Calgary Drop-In & Rehab Centre Society Employee Reviews

My boss, employees and impact made it worthwhile
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2018
Like any organization you are going to have your pros and cons, but there were more pros. My boss, mentor is an intelligent, compassionate person who balanced the needs of the organization and employees to ensure the vision and mission moved forward. The position provided me the opportunity to learn and grow in my industry and personally.
Pros
Boss, Frontline Employees, Impact, Hope, Benefits, Perks, Development Opportunity, Workload
Cons
Workload, Long hours, Seeing people in their darkest of days
Hard working environment that is enjoyable
Donation Administrator / Accounting Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2015
I enjoy the work environment. My work day will consist of many different job tasks, which include for example: daily data entry, dealing with the public, taking care of office supplies to taking deposits to the bank. My day goes by quickly because I am responsible for so many different tasks. I do not need direction from my superiors. I work with a fabulous team of people and I am always willing to help others when I can. I also plan special events for example, the yearly staff xmas function which can be up to 250 people. The hardest part of my job is that it is a one person position which know one else can do. I manage my time very well and work extra hours without being asked to complete the tasks of each day. I have also learned on the job accounting tasks that doesn't take long for me to do. My salary has more than doubled since 2007 because of my hard work and determination to better myself.
Challenging but rewarding
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2014
It is difficult to define a typical day at the DI. Working in HR has many challenges, and many situations arise in a course of one day. But, this is great for a persons personal/career growth because it opens your mind to your strengths and weaknesses,

You are trying to build a culture that embodies the core values of : respect, joy, inclusivity, earned leadership, and accountability
Pros
Your direct team, your direct supervisor, front-line staff, and other people within the agency
Cons
None for the Agency, but there are some insignificant cons that are not worth mentioning