Calgary Catholic School District

Calgary Catholic School District Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Great place to work very supportive and respectful. Every day is different which is the best part. Admin team is pleasant and respects the work/family balance.
Administration was not supportive
Unethical treatment towards people

Poor work life balance

Classroom size issues (over crowding)

Poor resources
Pros
money
Cons
Classroom size issues with over crowding
I work Casual and sometimes I feel it's unfair because to get a permanent position I would have to start as lunchroom supervisor which brings hardly any pay
Wonderful colleagues and Administration who care about their school and students. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to land a permanent contract to work there long-term. Everyone is very helpful and accommodating. They have developed a good system that keeps the whole company organized.
I work with special ES II kiddos and there is always adjustments that we have to make in the classroom. As we don't have enough room to do alot of things, and places to take our kiddos.
No two days are ever the same. It has been an amazing experience from day one. The people you get to interact with on a daily basis are amazing. You constantly get to learn something new and get to teach new ideas to others.
Wonderful colleagues and admin who truly care about their school and students. Unfortunately, very difficult to land a permanent contract to work there long-term.
I am fairly new to the company so I can't make an assessment. However, So far, so good. This organisation encourages and supports personal development for substitute teachers.
i loved my job it fitted in well with my children and hours are great
no weekend work

ideal job for a mom with kids at school

school culture is always awesome to get in to

lots of comraderie

you feel like you belong
CSSD is a good place to work. Fun team, work/life balance, good health benefits and ability to work with minimum supervision and freedom to provide input. .
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
salary
The pay is very poor. As an education assistant there's no room for advancement. The schools and principles I have worked with have been fantastic though. Wonderful co workers. But this doesn't matter when you struggle to pay bills. I'd only recommend working at CSSD as an EA if you have a partner that makes much more money, or if you're young and looking for an introduction into education. I'm 27 and it just isn't good enough. Tons of politics in the highschools too. Quite frustrating.
Pros
Really, really, really easy.
Cons
6 hour days, poor wages. No advancement.
Love the ability to work with children and amazing staff on a daily basis. There is constant support even from those in higher up positions. They want their teachers to succeed.
When I worked the two years at Our Lady of Lourdes School I felt it had an amazing team environment. It was a behavior/last chance school for students to get behavior modification techniques to enable them to return to the mainstream school system. I worked within the three autistic classrooms and found the job both challenging and rewarding. I also worked as a substitute TA for a couple of years and worked in all grades with special needs students.
Pros
good team environment
Cons
nt full time hours
The company offered secured jobs and most people are very nice. It is a great employer and one of the top 100 in Alberta. They give help to other countries when it is needed, for example when there is a disaster such as flood or earthquake happen in other nation.
Great summer job - good work and good team
Learned lots of skills of gardening and maintenance

Learned truck and trailer skills

Would highly recommend!
I love the culture and working relationship in this company. Everyone is very helpful and accommodating. If you are new, you will always find someone who will help you out. They have developed a good system that keeps the whole company organized and if you need help, you will know who can help you. I hope to stay in this company until I retire.
loved my years with this board. It was where I started my career in the school system. Met a lot of great teachers and students. Loved going to work everyday and will miss that board forever.
They have great benefits, with good located schools which are easy to get to. Faith in Education is very important to them as they are a Catholic District.
started off well but with the constant change in staff, stability was not good some really good people but some that were not as engaged. i like the job and most people but stability was the down fall
Pros
summers off
The teachers that I have had the opportunity to work with so far have been amazing mentors and are eager to support my learning. Whenever I have a question, everyone is eager to offer advice
Working in a school is rewarding. I enjoy working with the students.

During a typical work day..a school is very busy place. No two days are a like.
Pros
Fantastic staff
Cons
Not getting paid over the summer months