Calgary Catholic School District

Calgary Catholic School District Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Great benefits, flexibility. My team manager was simply amazing. Couldn’t have asked for more. Only drawback was it was a temporary mat leave position that I covered for 4 months. It was impactful, interesting and would pursue future career here if I get the opportunity.

Pros

Flexibility and understanding

Good summer job with a very great organization

Good work as a summer employee. Above average pay for manual outdoor labour. Would have returned in later years’ summer seasons if I was not in classes at the time.

Pros

Positive and encouraging management

Cons

Need wage increase. Its been 7 years since the last increase. ALL BASIC commodities is increasing

I like it when they sent you to another school to many things to learn and also during summer clean up.. you only work 4 days a week 10 hrs a day for the whole summer

Pros

Easywork

Cons

Low salary

Great team!

I’ve really enjoyed my time at CCSD the past couple years. I’m not Catholic but it’s actually been neat to see how the kids respond to the overarching lessons of love and community that are embedded in the school district’s teachings. Everyone I’ve worked with or talked to in the district has been quite warm and welcoming and always helpful. It’s one of the first jobs that I’ve been excited to come to each day and I do truly feel that employees are well taken care of.

Pros

Most things

Cons

Part time librarians don’t get pensions/no real chance of full time

Excellent Fellow Workers.

Everyone is helpful, kind, and encouraging. Work is amazing with Disabled Learning Students, I always amazed at what some of the students are achieving.

Pros

Learning new skills everyday.

Cons

Hours are too short.

Competitive and unethical

Administration was not supportive Unethical treatment towards people Poor work life balance Classroom size issues (over crowding) Poor resources

Pros

money

Cons

Classroom size issues with over crowding

Supportive work place

Great place to work very supportive and respectful. Every day is different which is the best part. Admin team is pleasant and respects the work/family balance.

Friendly, approachable staff and at times challenging children with special needs

I work Casual and sometimes I feel it's unfair because to get a permanent position I would have to start as lunchroom supervisor which brings hardly any pay

Productive work place

Wonderful colleagues and Administration who care about their school and students. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to land a permanent contract to work there long-term. Everyone is very helpful and accommodating. They have developed a good system that keeps the whole company organized.

My day is always full of ups and downs with my special kiddos

I work with special ES II kiddos and there is always adjustments that we have to make in the classroom. As we don't have enough room to do alot of things, and places to take our kiddos.

Wonderful staff, great students, a wonderful career

No two days are ever the same. It has been an amazing experience from day one. The people you get to interact with on a daily basis are amazing. You constantly get to learn something new and get to teach new ideas to others.

Great place to work, but no opportunity for stable employment

Wonderful colleagues and admin who truly care about their school and students. Unfortunately, very difficult to land a permanent contract to work there long-term.

Good Experience

I am fairly new to the company so I can't make an assessment. However, So far, so good. This organisation encourages and supports personal development for substitute teachers.

Great job working with children

i loved my job it fitted in well with my children and hours are great no weekend work ideal job for a mom with kids at school school culture is always awesome to get in to lots of comraderie you feel like you belong

Fun team to work with, you feel valued and appreciated for the work done.

CSSD is a good place to work. Fun team, work/life balance, good health benefits and ability to work with minimum supervision and freedom to provide input. .

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

salary

The organization is okay, maybe good, my position is not good.

The pay is very poor. As an education assistant there's no room for advancement. The schools and principles I have worked with have been fantastic though. Wonderful co workers. But this doesn't matter when you struggle to pay bills. I'd only recommend working at CSSD as an EA if you have a partner that makes much more money, or if you're young and looking for an introduction into education. I'm 27 and it just isn't good enough. Tons of politics in the highschools too. Quite frustrating.

Pros

Really, really, really easy.

Cons

6 hour days, poor wages. No advancement.

Fast past, always changing

Love the ability to work with children and amazing staff on a daily basis. There is constant support even from those in higher up positions. They want their teachers to succeed.

very supportive staff at Our Lady of Lourdes School

When I worked the two years at Our Lady of Lourdes School I felt it had an amazing team environment. It was a behavior/last chance school for students to get behavior modification techniques to enable them to return to the mainstream school system. I worked within the three autistic classrooms and found the job both challenging and rewarding. I also worked as a substitute TA for a couple of years and worked in all grades with special needs students.

Pros

good team environment

Cons

nt full time hours

Great employer

The company offered secured jobs and most people are very nice. It is a great employer and one of the top 100 in Alberta. They give help to other countries when it is needed, for example when there is a disaster such as flood or earthquake happen in other nation.

CCSD Maintenance Crew

Great summer job - good work and good team Learned lots of skills of gardening and maintenance Learned truck and trailer skills Would highly recommend!

Good Company

I love the culture and working relationship in this company. Everyone is very helpful and accommodating. If you are new, you will always find someone who will help you out. They have developed a good system that keeps the whole company organized and if you need help, you will know who can help you. I hope to stay in this company until I retire.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calgary Catholic School District. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2