Calgary Airport Authority Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work enviornment
Accounting - Aeronautical Billing Clerk (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2018
Immediate supervisor wanted to know to much about your personal life. Not much training, left to defend for yourself. Micro Managers.
Some managers were good.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Supervisor micro manager
Great Place
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
Had a great time there, Everyone was very nice. Location wise was perfect and there isn't many places that is like working at the airport. Would love to work there again.
Government mentality has never left
IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
The Airport Authority was a decent place to work if you want to collect a paycheque, be around friendly people, and just get your daily work completed.
If you seek to make change, propose ideas and expect results, this environment is not conducive of promoting such ambition. They move far too slow a pace to ensure change happens when it is required and critical. They are behind the times when it comes to using technology to create efficiencies, and spend money in poor cyclical planning. Often, they repeat work and take the "if it's not broken don't fix it approach". Thus outdating themselves before they know it.

They have potential to do so much more, yet, older management tend to be very risk adverse causing frustration to mid level and front line staff.

Departments seem to be very segregated, and have issues working in cohesion when it matters most.
N/a
Software Quality Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary Airport26 May 2017
Calgary Airport Authority is one of the Alberta's top 70 employers. I had a pleasure to work with very talented people, I worked with Garth Atkinson and Mike Maxwell to deliver and test various baggage related projects for the opening of new international terminal at Calgary Airport.
great place to work for
Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
helped all trades do the jobs. complete there tasks on a good time schedual as they needed completed , I built walls put up decorations . built concourse d . anything needed done I would do . even move large benches .
Pros
good fun
Cons
temporary work
It was great place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
I loved working on the Terminal Integration project at airport,
management was very supportive
Workplace culture is good
I learned to work with construction vendors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 August 2016
Opportunities for professional development and training. Exciting new developments with the airport expansion. Management was great. Coworkers were friendly and outgoing; lots of community events with volunteer organizations. The hardest part about work there is that there are a lot of good jobs, but not a lot of movement.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for movement
Awesome place to work with great staff
Safety Information Designer (Former Employee) –  calgary3 May 2015
I loved working at the Airport Authority. The staff is very friendly and the managers provided lots of support and time to dicusss projects. There are also courses and activities that staff that take part in such as the big bike challenge, which was lots of fun and allows for a work/life balance. Best work experience ever!
A friendly environment workplace
Information Operating Technologies System (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2015
I got a Coop summer job at The Airport Authority in the Information Technology department. All my coworkers are very friendly and the HR department always had activities events such as riding a big bike, airside tour, volunteerings, Stampede BBQ, etc,. The hardest part of job was the first starting my position, I had to learn by myself about SQL, Crystal Report, and Business Object. However, after I worked there two weeks, I was familiar and enjoyed doing reports and projects.