Caledon Community Services

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great to clients but several staff are part of food support program due to compensation

Days are long but hours are 9-430, no paid lunches. Hardest part of the job is the divide between the new and the old staff. The most enjoyable part of the day is working and helping clients.

Pros

Cons

Workload

Disappointing- Get your experience, then leave!

Disappointing environment with extremely low pay. Major divide between management and all other staff. You are paid way below industry standard and I would not recommend it to anyone who has any previous experience. You will not move up within the company as there is no room for advancement. Upper Management are paid and treated very well which is why there is little turn over with them. Job descriptions are not accurate and when they want to add more responsibility to your role, you will not be compensated for it.

Pros

Job experience for someone who has none

Cons

Pay, upper management, feedback not accepted, culture

Not the greatest

Upper management & CEO paid well. Anything under that is way below industry standard. Absolutely no room for advancement or growth. Add responsibilities and don’t compensate. Your concerns will be listened to but not heard. Quick turnover mainly because of low salary. 1% raise is standard which is a slap in the face.

Pros

Benefits paid

Cons

6 month probation. Extremely low pay. Overworked & underpaid.

CCS was my first job place and it was more like my family for 4 years

I had no choice except to leave . But I will highly recommend working with CCS . Clients are really nice and management it good too. Co-workers were my family .

It’s okay

Great if you’re just starting out. Pay is much lower than industry standard. It is a very friendly environment. Benefits are fully paid. 6 month probation period. Directors and “up” is good pay but if you are anything under that good luck to surviving off the salary they offer.

Very productive

Positive work environment, relatively active work, Very nice people to work with although there was not enough hours a week for what I needed. Always a team effort

Pros

Source of ncome, nice people, very motivating workplace

Cons

Not enough hours

Best best place to work there

Friendly family atmosphere, very different to anywhere else I've worked. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and make the role your own, People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly Management are really supportive.Best company I ever work.superviser and other staff are awesome and they are best people.

Going downhill

Client care has been suffering with agency for a number of years now. No full time hours when you are a full time staff. Are suggested to use your vacation hours to make up the difference.

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Dont get vacation time you want

Student Placement

Caledon Community Services was a great place for me to practice what I have been learning in school in the Business Marketing program. The people were nice and the atmosphere itself was great.

Fulfilling work

The work that CCS does is wonderful. The hours are convenient on any shift. You meet and take care of elderly people that have so much experience to share with you.

Great Place to Work and Volunteer

Amazing people and atmosphere, very welcoming and understanding and accommodating to every employees or volunteers needs. I learned lots while working and volunteering here

productive

gained a lot of experience helped me get my foot in the door helped me find a job learned how to work better bonus $500 at the end of the program.

fun place to work.

I think is a great place to work, l am looking for were l can comuitub and my knowledge. Love to intact with people and work as a team for this grow of the company. The well be of my clients is very important to me. I love this job . I have fun and exciting want l am doing it.

Cons

15 - 20

Best place to work

CCS is great place to work. As being a former LIFE 4 YOUTH student I fully understand the culture and work environment and it is amazing. Everyone is friendly and great at communicating. AMAZING PLACE TO WORK!

responsibility and maturity

I loved this job very much. The customer interaction was enjoyable and I liked having the one on one experience when dealing with the customers. I was taught everyday employability skills while doing workshops and other activities.

Pros

customer interaction

Cons

Sometimes slow paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caledon Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement