Calea

Calea Employee Reviews

Featured review
Calea selected this as a representative review
Knowing that what we do is important to our patients it is rewarding to meet the demands of getting the medical supplies and drugs to patients across Ontario in a 4hr window. This is done with a well oiled team all working to the end goal of the patient.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
A lot of red tape due to the nature of the business
I have been working for the same company for almost 15 years now and I have learned many new skill sets. I have grown so much within the company. Over all great experience
Productive and friendly working environment. people are very collaborative. The management team is very transparent in sharing results. HR team is doing a great job in bringing people together through events and activities to create strong bonds between employees
Not enough team work, warehouse is often left to own devices. No leadership support. Current management is very analytical and not compassionate towards employees as the company grows employees are becoming numbers not people.
Worst place I’ve ever worked. No one is willing to train. Every time I had requested it from a co-worker I was told “we don’t get paid to train” (apparently no one there does because they just don’t) The management is extremely discouraging. I hadn’t even been working there for more than a few months and I could hear the team lead saying negative things about a team member to other team members. It felt like they would rather watch you fail than help you; which is very scary being that how well an employee does there could reflect on the safety of a patient receiving the drugs from that site. They are in no way open to suggestions for improvement. Any suggestion made to co-workers is immediately brushed off with “ let QA worry about it”. As if the employees in the lab have zero quality training. If you’re a new hire then you better be able to read minds. You are expected to know what the cleanroom needs without being in there; and you are expected to know when they need it without being told. Any new person who starts is basically treated as a slave. The technicians (lead included) are extremely lazy. They won’t do anything for themselves. If there is one order waiting and two people in the cleanroom the lead will ask you to stay late just so they don’t have to do it themselves. Management allows the pharmacists to carry this sense of entitlement. They have no consideration for anyone they work with and they refuse to clean up after themselves (which sometimes results in financial loss for the company when they leave refrigerated drugs out over night.) You are also expects to - more...
The work is not stressful place ,we have only two days a week for depots and hospitals deliveries is little hard . In general my supervisors great people to work with, dispatchers also nice . Most important things here is humanity feelings they treat staff very well. Overall to work in calea was good chance than other place.
Clean environment Friendly staff Easy work Great scheduling Pay is minimum wage and can be better but there is always room for growth in the company
Physically demanding, their so called dispatch job is General labour. That's what they should call it,you spend the whole day on your feet lifting heavy boxes.the team lead is racist and the so called dispatch team is just a team of unfriendly people. If you are a Dispatcher, don't apply to this company look somewhere else
I have been working at calea for more than 4 years. I do enjoy working there as the environment is very healthy and positive. Management team is very supportive especially the quality management team. Very collaborative team work with all the support from the senior management team.
Pros
Supportive management team, no micro supervision, a big chance for continous eduction
Cons
low chance for job promotion
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Calea?
Placed her via agency to clean up the account receivable profile. I wasn't here for long, but my co-workers were very helpful. Management team was helpful as well.
Great A/R team and management easy going and fun people to work with. Job was not boring at all performing different task on a daily basis and learning other colleague work while on vacation.
Pros
Lot of free lunches and goodies
Cons
Was only there temporary
Good place to start off but to not stay for long. Can't move up, no growth. They don't pay so well. Work load is okay. Working weekends is not so good.
Too much workload with no appreciation. Poor management.No Career growth. You will not even get chance to go to washroom during your shift as its busy
Pros
Cons
Over work
This job is so the negative feeling the people are not happy the management is not nice and get a better treatment and no good schedules and no organized never and they make you work like crazy. And the shift is to crazy. And the mood is so negative it’s very hard to work people call sick but need money. We complain about management but nobody changes nothing. My team is so nice the workers are nice we all talk together but looking for new jobs and people leaving always. And needing more better pay.
Pros
My workers are so nice.
Cons
So much but they don’t ask us.
As a student you can make extra cash to cover your expenses . Have a good working environment , friendly people, no manager supervision, long drive routes
Pros
minimal supevision
Cons
basic pay, regular parking tickets
Great co-workers, amazing company mission. Horrible management, incompetence is high. No work life balance, high stress environment, no accountability at all.
This company makes good medicine for sick patients but they treat employees so bad. All of the management group is so bad too. HR does not support employees just support managers. If you speak up you get fired. The pay is so bad and there is no balance in life and scheduling and the workload is too much for one person but nobody cares and they push you to work more. Managers don’t do any work. Too much managers and not enough people. The employees do care about the patients thankfully. Do not work here. They always hiring everybody leaves.
Pros
Employees are good people.
Cons
Everything else.
IT deportment is a micro management. They watch you all time time.! No tool for tech support, senior IT guys are rude and you have to listen to them. Not a ideal department to work for.
This company has lots of benefits and room for growth. Unfortunately, the wrong people were hired and ran the place to the ground but the management realized and got rid of those people. It is now getting better.
I like to drive I'm hoping I will find a very trustful and enjoying job. I always wanted to drive for a school bus and I know I will be responsible know my previous jobs
Very bad management, It seems that there's new ideas all the time without any of them working. Once hired you're stuck in that position since there is no moving up. Its ridiculous that new hires for same positions are paid more than current employes. The HR department is a joke, if you ever go to them with a complaint or concern the whole company knows.
Pros
Fairly laid back once your work is done
Cons
Bad management, repetitive work, and shady workers