Calea Employee Reviews

Negative working place
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2018
This job is so the negative feeling the people are not happy the management is not nice and get a better treatment and no good schedules and no organized never and they make you work like crazy. And the shift is to crazy. And the mood is so negative it’s very hard to work people call sick but need money. We complain about management but nobody changes nothing. My team is so nice the workers are nice we all talk together but looking for new jobs and people leaving always. And needing more better pay.
Pros
My workers are so nice.
Cons
So much but they don’t ask us.
Unorganized mess
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
Great co-workers, amazing company mission. Horrible management, incompetence is high. No work life balance, high stress environment, no accountability at all.
Bad work environment even worse management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2018
This company makes good medicine for sick patients but they treat employees so bad. All of the management group is so bad too. HR does not support employees just support managers. If you speak up you get fired. The pay is so bad and there is no balance in life and scheduling and the workload is too much for one person but nobody cares and they push you to work more. Managers don’t do any work. Too much managers and not enough people. The employees do care about the patients thankfully. Do not work here. They always hiring everybody leaves.
Pros
Employees are good people.
Cons
Everything else.
Micro management
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2018
IT deportment is a micro management. They watch you all time time.! No tool for tech support, senior IT guys are rude and you have to listen to them. Not a ideal department to work for.
Enjoyable produtive workplace fun and love to drive
Medical delivery (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
I like to drive I'm hoping I will find a very trustful and enjoying job. I always wanted to drive for a school bus and I know I will be responsible know my previous jobs
Fun atmosphere with bad management
Prisioner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2018
Very bad management, It seems that there's new ideas all the time without any of them working.
Once hired you're stuck in that position since there is no moving up.
Its ridiculous that new hires for same positions are paid more than current employes.

The HR department is a joke, if you ever go to them with a complaint or concern the whole company knows.
Pros
Fairly laid back once your work is done
Cons
Bad management, repetitive work, and shady workers
Worst company to work for
No one knew for sure (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
Worst company to work for if you are a non-white male and do not have a relative working at higher level of management. And there are lots and lots of managers around. Best example for "Too many chiefs not enough Indians".

I can bet all the other reviews are company sponsored fake reviews just like the resumes of most of their managers.
Pros
best place for unskilled relatives to be managers
Cons
Please leave the brain at home, its not required here
Great Employees but terrible managenebt
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the employees. The employees was what made the company culture so fun to work at. The downside to this job is the work place politics. Also, the management is just terrible. The warehouse manager spoke down to employees and HR was the worst to report to as they turned a blind eye. I also found HR very unapproachable. Finally, the hours are long and they work you to the bone, only caring about how fast you pick and pack and nothing more.
Pros
Great Co workers
Cons
Long Hours, Terrible Management, Poor HR
Productive and Very advanced in terms of technological development.
Financial/Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
- Very Enthusiastic co-workers with great Attitude towards work ethics.
- Daily order completion with definite punctuality.
- Following the shipping and receiving protocols.
Pros
free 2- 15 mins break, whenever you want.
Cons
extra overtime hours when busy.
environnement de travail agreable
associe d'entrepot (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC8 November 2016
picker les matériels
decontaminer les pompes
Réception de marchandises
Faire l'inventaire chaque mi-mois
le mercredi est une journée ou il y a beaucoup de travail
mes collègues m'aide à finir mes taches
le plus difficiles c'est de manipuler des boites pesantes + de 30LB
le plus agreeable :l'ambiance de travail
Pros
fete des anniversaires chaque mois
Cons
les contractuels n'ont pas d'assurance et des conges
Decent job
Operation Student - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
Position was a student picker. No advancement in the organization. Work politics played a role in advancement. Large disconnect between management and co-workers.
Very good place to work...
National Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2016
There is no typical day, managing all Calea sites kept me on my toes.. The day is very dynamic, juggling priorities while handling emergency and critical equipment failure.
Specialty pharmacy
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2016
Typical day work is very busy, phone calls and heavy production of all rages IV medications.
Full warehouse of medical supplies that go with medication.
Nice place to work
Responsible of Receiving , putway and replenish (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
Good team with talented peoples, and respectable manners of supervisor and co- workers. location was easily accessible by public transport.
Fast paced and caring environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2015
Knowing that what we do is important to our patients it is rewarding to meet the demands of getting the medical supplies and drugs to patients across Ontario in a 4hr window. This is done with a well oiled team all working to the end goal of the patient.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
A lot of red tape due to the nature of the business
Fun Workplace
Medical Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2015
A typical day at work would be to load medical supplies and medicine and deliver it to patients, clinics, pharmacies and hospitals as per the provided time limit. Ive learned to work well under pressure and provide a high quality customer service in this job. The management was very helpfull in terms of directing where and when the medical supplies should be delivered and since i was a sub contracted driver i would be by myself most of the time, however co-workers would help with loading and unloading of supplies and waste pick ups. The hardest part about the job was was time consistency and the most enjoyable was site seeing and knowing that we are helping the people.
Pros
The Environment
Cons
Not Enough Hours
fun,productive,good workers.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2015
Typical shift is around 8 hours, which includes your 1 hour unpaid lunch/breaks. I had to be at my job around 20 minutes earlier so I can set up everything i need to proceed with the task for the day.
Pros
free lunch
Willing to discuss
Junior Purchaser/ Inventory (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,Ontario30 January 2014
Created purchase orders for drugs, narcotics, medical supplies, accessories and shop supplies.
• Purchased inventory to meet the Pharmacy or shipping delivery schedule.
• Expedite and release the daily backorders for 2 facilities. Update CSR’s on status of any delays.
• Performed the daily inventory adjustments, transfers, expedited transfers or Purchase Orders to
ensure prompt delivery to the customer.
• Purchases were made with weekly or bi-weekly deliveries across the various Calea facilities
• Interacted with vendors to ensure that Purchase Orders were received, confirmed, and deliveries met.
Worked with vendors to expedite rush or back ordered items, and advise CSR and shipping of delays.
• Responsible with the buyers for the control of expired items, adjustments to inventory and then
the return for credit (when applicable).
Pros
Enjoyable company
Cons
Daily
Cool and fun workplace to work in
CSR  (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2013
I found the workplace to be more comfortable to work with and the culture of the organization was friendly.
fun work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2013
it was always busy at work since i had to pick and pack prescribe patients medicine,I had the chance to learn so many things such as,how to pack,Help the shipping department and also build kits,Talking about the co-workers,Everybody basically knew where they were coming from,but treated everyone like brothers and sister,and i basically dont think there was anything that hard because i loved what i did.The most enjoyable part of the job was how am been treated,there's unity,everybody loved what they did,it was like a fun house.
Pros
free lunch