Cafe Landwer
View all Cafe Landwer reviews

Cafe Landwer

Cafe Landwer Employee Review

Active and sometimes fun

I learned how to be a server here. Managers and colleagues are pretty nice and friendly. I like fast paced work environments but the problem is being cut very often. When it is not busy at all, we have wait to clock in even though we are there on time or they are giving us a break, sending home earlier. That's why we are losing hours and tips. This is very frustrating for me because I am always open to work hard and be active. Weeekends are mostly busy and we are not taking break at all which is fine. Shifts are mostly 5, 6 and 6.30 hours without the cuts. Tips are not bad, especially on weekends.

Same role

Waste of time, only good for beginners

This place is only good to work at if you are just starting off and need to build experience. The managers take most of your tips and do not disclose how much they take, but they take around the same cut as you do. Technically illegal since they don't do work legally qualified to allow them to take a cut of your tips but they get away with it. They also are very cheap and try to cut your hours as much as possible, forcing you to sit out 30-60 mins before your shift, and 30-60 min breaks during your shift. So your 6 hour shift turns into a 4-5 hour shift. I left after 2 months for a better restaurant and now make on average quadruple what I made here in tips.
Same roleSame location

Great company to work for!

Fun and fast paced. The managers really care about you unlike other chains I've worked for. Co-workers are fun and everyone gets along which is rare.
Same location

Stressful environment; not worth the stress

During my training the manager was supportive, but the trainer made me feel extremely nervous, and I ended up always messing up, which just added to the stress. It felt too martial, the training. I wasn't treated kindly...

Pros

Pretty place to work, and great food

Cons

Too much pressure right off the bat, when busy. I never got to experience what a dead season is like, (thank god).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Landwer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement