Cafe Landwer

Cafe Landwer Work-life balance reviews

Canada14 reviews

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Want to forget how to cook?

Dirty, Cheap, Dirty,Craziest company I've worked at in my many many years experience. Dishwasher machine also often has no chemicals only Luke warm water. Their fresh ingredients are all frozen. They keep food on the floor. Often don't have a dishwasher because they want to save money. Resulting in cooks doing dishes and cooking YUK! Head MGT will make anybody a manager, if it means they don't have to work. You will 100% be overworked & underpaid at all locations.

Pros

Free food Room to grow

Cons

Long hours Bad pay Bad MGT Owners don't care Dirty dirty dirty.

Great place to work with tons of opportunities to grow as long as your willing to work for it . Overall great company that will take care of you .

Great company to work for , very flexible with hours of work. Great at recognizing their employees value and aren't shy of promoting and rewarding individuals that deserve the opportunity.

Insights into Cafe Landwer

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Fun workplace, varied management

Location I work at was very busy in the summer, very slow in the winter (plus covid makes it worse). Fun place to work at, coworkers are very nice and friendly. Managers are hit or miss.

Pros

Free coffee and tea, discounted food, fun staff

Cons

You get cut really early if it's a slow day, no free meals on shift, management varies depending on who is on shift

Great for those new to service, not so great for those with experience

The tips are pooled and shared with EVERYONE, so if you are experienced looking for good tips- not a great spot. Gets busy, pay is minimum (12.20) with tips, or about $14 if you are a hostess (who does not get tip out), and not worth it in my opinion if you have serving experience. The management and owners are very nice, overall a great workplace environment, with opportunity to move up (slowly) if you work hard enough, but at that point the pay is not worth it anyway.

the worst time in my work experience

I had the worst time in my life working in this place, a lot of time I got an anxiety attack because of this job. Management super unprofessional treating all the front of house very poorly. Tips are very bad also for all the hard work, no one knows about where exactly the money goes.

Cons

long hours, bad tips, no staff meal, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Landwer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement