Cafe Landwer Employee Reviews for TorontoReview this company
Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 19 reviews
Based on 4 survey responses
Insights into Cafe Landwer
Areas for improvement
- General feeling of work happiness
- Fair pay for job
- Feeling of personal appreciation
Job work-life balance
Indeed featured reviewThe most useful review selected by Indeed
In my 7+ years working in the food/hospitality industry, I've had my fair share of ridiculous (word fixed) management that I had to deal with. For most cases, since I've been in management myself, I know what it's like dealing with minor issues and complications in this industry. Landwer exceeds all of that. I don't know HOW they haven't had any issues establishing franchises all over the world and almost 5 in Canada but I don't expect it'll come to fruition unless their company culture changes. There is ONE specific person that handles almost everything in the stores in the GTA regardless of the matter (almost like a mascot). That person is not Mr. Landwer nor a manager. The relationships of the head chefs/management/gm/owners/shareholders are very fine and ambiguous. It's a very unnecessary complication but it has a lot to do with WHY it's a disaster (word fixed) in these stores. Aside from work culture, in regards to the pay you should value yourself way more than Landwer does to its employees. Seriously. For the amount of duties (word fixed) they make you do, the level of money laundering is unreal. If you're going to underhand employees money, at least make it SEEM like you know what you're doing. This is what happens when you prioritize ethnicity over experience. If you've fallen for the blogTO promos and ig posts and you just feel like you have to work here, I suggest you get a list of contracts/agreements or any necessary proof of employment along with specific breakdowns of how things are handled for future references. This will save you. It's what damaged a lot of -
>50% off meals, staff friendliness
They choose your availability, Communications between management, Your tips are not your tips, Lots of talk not a lot of doing.
Was this review helpful?
We want to help you find great companies. Help us be the best!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cafe Landwer?
Want to know more about working here?Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Landwer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question
Based on 19 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Cafe Landwer
- What is the most stressful part about working at Cafe Landwer?3 people answered
- What benefits does Cafe Landwer offer?One person answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Cafe Landwer a better place to work?One person answered
- Can you work remotely at Cafe Landwer?One person answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Cafe Landwer? What are the steps along th…One person answered
- What is the minimum age Cafe Landwer can hire?One person answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Cafe Landwer?One person answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Cafe Landwer?One person answered
- How many breaks do you get?
- How much tips line cooks make at Cafe Landwer in a week?