Cafe Landwer

Cafe Landwer Employee Reviews for Server

Server6 reviews

Insights into Cafe Landwer

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great for those new to service, not so great for those with experience

The tips are pooled and shared with EVERYONE, so if you are experienced looking for good tips- not a great spot. Gets busy, pay is minimum (12.20) with tips, or about $14 if you are a hostess (who does not get tip out), and not worth it in my opinion if you have serving experience. The management and owners are very nice, overall a great workplace environment, with opportunity to move up (slowly) if you work hard enough, but at that point the pay is not worth it anyway.

Quick paced team centered work environment

A quick paced work environment that has a great environment to work in. Managers at the Cleveland Circle location in Boston are exceptional and the staff along with it. Expect endless free AMAZING coffee whenever you work or stop by!! I have made a lot of friends through this job as a server and the guests are nice and polite. Although it is stressful at times, that's to be expected with a server position.

Pros

Free coffee, great managers

Cons

Stressful at times

the worst time in my work experience

I had the worst time in my life working in this place, a lot of time I got an anxiety attack because of this job. Management super unprofessional treating all the front of house very poorly. Tips are very bad also for all the hard work, no one knows about where exactly the money goes.

Cons

long hours, bad tips, no staff meal, no respect

Highly Recommend

Out of all the serving locations I've worked, Cafe Landwer is one of the best! The cafe itself is efficient and the people are competent. The people are personal with cafe guests, offering special dishes and delicious coffee. The owner is also quite involved for such a busy man. Food is beyond delicious! The hand held toast (to take orders with) makes every thing easy and efficient!

Nice restaurant but horrible place to work

Management is unprofessional, childish, play into favoritism, speak a foreign language around and about employees throughout the shift making you feel uncomfortable. Worse part is pulling tips, when tip out it 33% to "kitchen" going back to management's pockets and supervisors get hourly tip out too (which is illegal as far as we know).

Cons

short hours, disrespectful, steal your tips for a day of hard work.

Unprofessional work environment with unsatisfying pay

Tips are pooled and shared among servers and baristas. Everyone makes $3.75 an hour plus tips. Make less than $400 a week working full-time. Breaks are not included. You get one free meal a day but you have to take it before or after your shift. The kitchen is small so if your shift ends when there are customers you could be waiting a long time for your lunch. Cash tips are given out the following day but any tips you make off credit cards will be added to your paycheck every two weeks. Schedule is always posted one day in advance so there is no time to plan your week. There are no food runners or bussers and there are only hosts on weekends so if you are a server expect to also be seating guests, taking their orders, running their food, cleaning their tables from start to finish and splitting your tips with the other servers and baristas. Food is good, staff works hard, owner is nice, but professionalism is lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Landwer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement