Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 1,756 reviews
people who have worked there too long and hate it
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 September 2018
Job was difficult with a lot of space to cover and no support from upper management. Nothing was ever good enough but no clear direction ever given just that things were done wrong.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible workplace culture
Not a good place to work
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2018
You are over worked and understaffed ever single shift. The company blames sick calls but it is poor scheduling and bad management. You are treated like a number not a person. They don't care about you, your family or anything other than you coming to work and doing the work of 3 people. They will never tell you your doing a good job only talk to you when writing you up. You will never get full time but they will make you work 5 days a week without the benefits. Without a union everyone in there would be part time working 4 or 6 hour shifts.
Pros
Your pay and the Union
Cons
Bad mangement and poor scheduling
Benefits and pay are very good. Some difficults with getting prime time off. Not much job security.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 May 2018
Overall a very good employer. Unfortunately constant lay offs make it difficult to secure full time employment. Benefits and salary are impressive. I enjoy working there.
Could be a great place but...
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
Great benefits. Salary slightly above average for hospitality industry. Aggressive HR department. Co-workers are fine but there is a toxic management style that pollutes an otherwise good workplace.
Guantanamo bay/ Caesars Windsor
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 December 2018
The rules and policies at this place is similar to Guantanamo Bay prison. Nothing good to mention ,very low work culture and most of the stuff are exhausted seniors with 20-25 years seniority .No good will staff and especially management .If you want hate casinos for life try working there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
Very fast paced environment, exciting atmosphere, plenty of opportunity to move up into management. Great job security and benefits. Hours are easy to pick up.
Pros
Great Company
Caesars not recommended
Banker, Janitor, Steward (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 August 2018
Worst place I ever worked. The money is good but you need to give up your life for Caesars. Not easy to advance as a new hire due to the union seniority. Part time is available to new hires and you will probably stay part time for at least 3 years before you can achieve full time status. When part time, you will work every shift in a week and every holiday. It's very hard and very stressful on your body.
Pros
pay rate per hour
Cons
work holidays, no good vacation time because all high seniority gets priority, no advancement for at least 3 years, different shifts in the same week is hard on the body
Great place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 March 2018
Outstanding place, benefits are great and the interactions with the other staff is rewarding. Jobs are available, depending on qualification. Employee bonus is available Quaterly.
Pros
benifits.
Cons
none really
Good wage for entry level positions.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2018
It's an okay place to work. Good people, good wage, room for advancement. Union is a low point, so many strikes for now reason. Could be better could be worse.
Pros
Good wage, good supervisers.
Cons
Union, striking.
No specific job descriptions, just do whatever instructed by manager on duty
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 June 2018
Management constantly changes their minds about who is responsible for what, there is an overall lack of communication leading to system failures. Management is not looking to move in a posive way forward rather mismanaging the company into further decline. Managers are notorious for treating staff badly, harassing them and set the tone for a negative work environment.
Pros
Experience in a large scale operation
Cons
Lack of proper scheduling, lack of bodies, lack of encouragment and or training.
I miss my friends
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 October 2017
I started working at Caesars Windsor Casino as a table games dealer. The money and benefits were good. The only thing is that you work every weekend for 30 years. Every Holiday. Working nights. It is ok for a few years but not for 30 years. Your family life tends to get affected.
Pros
Good Money and Benefits
Cons
Too many weekends and holidays for too many years
Great pay, terrible lifestyle
Casino Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2018
There is no room for life outside of this workplace. Not a good environment. Very dark inside, no windows or clocks. But the pay is very good, it keeps people at this job.
they ruin your family life, cause divorces, they do not care about employees
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  windsor, ontario29 June 2017
bad place to work. It's nearly impossible to get full time hours. No shift premium.....odd shift times....no job security...they make you park 8 minutes away from the casino Friday and Saturday. No paid lunches, plus much much more is wrong. Do not apply here if your looking for a career. Everybody is easily replaced here. And the union does nothing for you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no overtime, no shift premiums, raises suck, no job security unless you've been there for a decade.....
Learned a lot working at a manufaturing company, great place to work
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CA1 August 2017
Great place to work for being a small independent company. Learned a lot about the manufacturing business as well as the Hospitality Industry . Enjoyed working there and has inspired the inner interior designer in me .
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
no Company Benefits offered .
Casino Industry
Casino Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 December 2014
I started work in the casino industry in 1976. I began as a table games dealer and worked my way up to acquiring my Games Manager License, for the province of Alberta in 1984. I left Alberta in 1995 to go work in the casino industry in Windsor On. I spent 4 years training table game dealers as well as being hired as a Pit Manager for Casino Windsor (Ceasars Windsor as it is now named). I gained my "Key" license while working in Windsor, which is the highest level gaming license that one could achieve. Once Casino's opened in the state of Michigan, Ceasars Windsor started releasing upper management positions. I was a victim of this cutback and returned to Calgary in 2009. I was hired by Elbow River Casino to manage their Off Track Betting Parlor which quickly became the number one OTB in the province. The original owner sold out to another casino and I again, became a subject to downsizing. I love the casino industry and would truly appreciate moving forward.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you in the very near future.

Don Rogers
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Taking care of People, both staff and patrons.
SLOT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 April 2015
Initial supervisor meetings to go over days activities and any new info. Prepare attendant pre-shift meeting for new shift. Various themes and info with question period. This was a great way to check everyone on shift and answer any concerns. Using a software program that tracked players, I could locate and meet up with important patrons.This Bally program was also used to locate lost tickets and /or theft. I had a radio and called for an attendant or technician when needed. Check break times for staff and monitor my area.

I learned how to spoil people and think proactively, to build relationships and solve concerns. Management was supportive with preparation and overseeing the shift. Co-workers were a great mixture of people and some are close friends to this day. We were a great team, and , I enjoy visiting them when I return to Windsor.

The hardest part of the job was listening to players talk about their lives or they had a death in the family. Watching people lose a lot and having to explain gambling in simple terms.

What I enjoyed most was the variety of people on any day. I was always wearing a smile cause I loved to be in that line of work. Helping people who lost something or someone and just being a good listener made me a popular supervisor that is still asked about after 5 years. Change is a dominant part of this business and I have to say that working on a Riverboat for almost 2 years in the Detroit river was the best experience in my 15 years at Caesar's/Casino Windsor.
Pros
Staff picnics & functions. Christmas & Thanksgiving gifts.Raise & Bonus
Cons
Personal goal setting & evaluations.
Good place to work.
Security Shift Manager-Dual (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2017
We don't have "typical" days as each day brings a new experience. I have learned a tremendous amount and been enrolled in over 20 training classes including CPR/Defibrillator training and First Responder.
Management is visible, accessible and supportive.
The workplace is professional, friendly and multicultural.
The hardest part of the job is conducting alcohol refusals as we are instrumental in ending the customers fun evening and sometimes the results are not favourable.
The best part of the job is having fun making the work experience pleasurable for the employees and enjoyable for our patrons.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overload of policies and procedures.
Caesars Windsor Casino, an excellent place
Scheduling Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 May 2012
Caesars Windsor Casino is an excellent place to work with good chance of advancement & great benefits including educational benefits.
Okay if you are looking for a good career
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
Not a bad place to work if you are only looking for a career and not very invested in personal life. I found that working for this company is great if you don't mind missing all the big moments with family.
great Company
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Windsor20 April 2015
Lots of room for advancement. Love the people I work with and really enjoy what I do. Great benefits good supervisors and am always learning something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caesars Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Caesars Entertainment Reviews by Location