CAE INC. Employee Reviews

CAE en gros...
Assembleur-monteur (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 October 2018
Très bonne entreprise. Climat de travail agréable.
Préférable de posséder une voiture afin d'être indépendant des transports en commun...
Pros
bonne cafétéria
Cons
Accessibilité en transport limitée (horaire).
Une entreprise moderne
Electricien (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2018
Aujourd'hui je suis avec CAE comme étant un assembleur électrique. l'organisation du travail est bien structuré.
Pros
la sécurité en milieur de travail, la propreté, l'organisation
Cons
travail beaucoup avec les agence de placement
Avoid !
Aircraft System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2018
Flexible working schedule but a lot of work with high pressure because they are always late for the project. Very bad management system and work/life is not balance
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
bad management, work/life is not balance, lots of pressure at work
awesome coworkers.
Site Chief (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC18 June 2018
CAE is a top notch company which changed it's profile to better itself as the number one flight simulator industry. Even though i have been impacted by that change, i have no ill will towards the company who has given me so much and gave me the chance to experience so much.
Technical Proposals Coordinator Military Sim (Former Employee) –  Ville St. Laurent, QC9 February 2018
Great Work Environment, Great Colleagues and Management mostly focused on employee advancement. The product was a very enjoyable product to produce with great pride for everyone involved in producing it. Remuneration was appropriate for the impact on family life with a very understanding management team when impacted by personal events. The only issue is there was a little bit of nepotism with some managing to float without concern for reprisal.
Pros
Great Product and Work Environment
Cons
Very Few
Wonderful company, great people!
Training Pilot Challenger-CRJ (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON5 February 2018
Excellent company, with the biggest drawback being the Toronto location where the problem is not the company, but, the elements of community that make it difficult to live comfortably. High housing cost in the area, traffic congestion, etc.

If you can get past the "Toronto area" living challenges, CAE is an excellent employer, with great team members.
Pros
Great team members!
Good work/Life balance
Human Factors Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2018
CAE offers very flexible hours and allows its employees to work from home when possible which facilitate work/life balance. However, the enterprise is in constant reorganisation, leading to insecurity and demotivation.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
insecurity
Just an excellent working environment
Adjointe exécutive - Finances (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2017
It is a corporate fast paced learning environment which is professionally stimulated and the overal working environment is excellent. I strongly recommend this company.
Interesting work for DND
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB15 October 2017
The job I had at CAE was to take existing hand drawn manuals and convert them to ACAD. This was a good way to build your ACAD skills but didn't help lead to any advancement. And we were very reliant on the Department of National Defence for work.
Pros
Good opportunity to view different military aircraft
Cons
Would not pay you to take extra training
Mon manager est super mais pas de budget
Analyste financier (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC21 September 2017
pas de budget. Il y a des coupures super, super, super
Pros
Cool
Cons
pas de budget
productive relations with co-workers and management
Treasurer, Interim Vice-President and member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2017
There are no typical days at my work, that's what I enjoy the most.
as a current Union representative we need to interact on a daily basis between our co-workers and management. some days the issues that arise are very critical and some days its just nonsense, but we need to address it.
dealing with management is not always easy but the discussions are always done with respect and cordiality as we both understand that even though we don't agree we each have a job to do.
Pros
great Company
Imagination matches reality
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec24 August 2017
Extreme challenges of reality tru electronic imagery.
Fabrication of equiptmen/components to withstand extreme performance under aviation and military standards.
Fabrication of prototypes.
Pros
Imagination is the limit
Cons
Work shortages.
Enjoyed the challenge in my work. People were very helpful. Big on security in the work place.
Avionics Bench Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC22 August 2017
Starting at 6 am, open my drawings and continue my work. The fact that I was left alone to do my work showed me that I had the trust of my supervisor.
It had been awhile since I had been out of electronics, things had changed. I was happy to see that no question was considered foolish.
Funny to say but I really enjoyed stripping wires. Repetitive work.
Pros
salary
Cons
evening shift
Great perks but crazy place
Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2017
long and inconsistent hours.
Lack of clear vision and or direction
location is a bit of a nightmare

salary is competitive. perks (overtime, benefits) are great if you are an engineer.
above engineer level crazy hours but no overtime
Workplace culture based on too many processes and layers of management.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2017
Flexible hours. Good products for training services. Unable to diversify beyond the existing product base. Redundancies of processes come from many restructures to adopt industrial/trial improvement processes and tailoring for products.
Company not longer exists
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
Since the company has been bought by another party and has since closed down its operation, I cannot obviously comment on its operation and review it.
Temporary position
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee) –  Montreal10 July 2017
Was hired on a temporary basis and I can't say it was a great experience. I never got the opportunity to learn much as I was there for only a few weeks.

Impressive installations and facilities.
lot of security meetings
Avionics bench assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC7 July 2017
one a week they would hold meets in the dept. these meetings would bring us up to speed on what was happening with production, company, security... This was very informative and i found it interesting.
Pros
large emphasis on work hazards and how to prevent.
Cons
repetitive information
enjoyable work
Application Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB10 May 2017
variety of jobs to keep you busy all the time - working with large group of great people from all points of Canada - excellent travelling opportunities
Applicant
Computer Operator I/T support (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC8 May 2017
Great working environment people are helpful management very fair towards workers the most enjoyable dealing with customers communication, learned other tasks of I/T operations for example as a helpdesk customer support..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.