Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe Job security & advancement reviews

First and foremost, don’t work for macleod trail! The possibility of advancement is zero. “Aces in their places”, or a nice way of the sous chefs telling you they are too lazy to train, and management is unwilling to put those training hours down. Inconsistency is the name of the game, with no follow ups, so the inconsistency stays pretty consistent unfortunately. Work life balance is horrible, with the scheduling app GIVING YOU a start and end time, BUT only the start time is enforced. There is no care about your personal life, responsibilities, or even your set availability. Really great company culture, if only it could be followed. Kitchen is RUN DOWN to the point the steamer leaks boiling hot water and scalds you when it hits you. The equipment does not facilitate learning, efficiency, or cleanliness. Management on both ends constantly bad mouth other employees around people, leaving you wondering what they say about you when you leave. Stay away from MAC T if you want to keep your passion for food service.
Pros
Great boh & foh staff to work with
Cons
No work life balance, terrible equipment, run down kitchen, no room for advancement
Started out ok, they give you in house money to use only at cactus for rewards, no pay increase even when you make Jr souc chef, your minimal wage increases is your pay raise. Lots of brown nosing massive popularity contest, you can be a terrible cook and promoted because your well liked or invest in the company. Tip pool is corrupt, make no mistake if you are struggling your team will not help you and laugh as you struggle even if your new and tell management this is why you don’t fit here so they get better shot at promotion.
Pros
Starting wage is better by 1$
Cons
Every location is very different based on the staff and clientele.There was a lot of favouritism with management. However Cactus did provide the best training overall. Great place to start in the industry.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small sections
Upper management needs to work on development and strength of their team to be able to lead adequately. The support does not exist, the job security does not exist, favourites are played and you are frequently asking about why you're there. That is until you develop friendships with some of the most incredible people you've ever met FOH and BOH. Good people want to work for the best company, and overall, this place is. It's only the location that I worked at last that is so so poor. Do yourself a favour and investigate the leadership at the locations you have nearest to you before making a decision. It makes a MASSIVE difference in how much you love this company.
Pros
Quick & Easy Money
Cons
Never feeling good enough
been with cactus club multiple times and have enjoyed every minute, they set the bar for restaurant chains in canada. From the way they treat their employees to the support the give their staff its second to none, i would recommend anyone interested in furthering their culinary careers to consider contacting a location in their town
Fair, great leadership Amazing culture good food friend environment open sharing but salary is low flexible scheduling promotion opportunity many locations to relocate
I worked here when I was still in high school. I had a sibling die my first week on the job when I came in after my two weeks off EVERYONE knew cause the GM told everyone. Which is totally unprofessional and illegal. I never moved up after that from a hostess to a server they barely gave me shifts and when they did it was just thr shift nobody wanted.
This company is great in that it's both a great place to just come in and just work or somewhere you want to move up and they can help you with that. Incredible culture as well.
Amazing experience. They focus on delivering a high quality product, as they are the industry leader in hospitality. Tons of benefits for personal development, teamwork with a fantastic culture
It was a goos job, enjoyed it but I do not like restaurant work so overall my experience was alright on the basis of my own preference however I have no issue with the professionalism of the cactus club.
This was my first 'real' job, and one of my most influential experiences. I learned so much that I was able to apply to many different situations in my life, including how to work effectively under pressure and how to be a good team leader. Also, great food.
Over the past 2 years working at Cactus Club it has taught me so much. Ive built great conversational skills and even better relationships with the team there! They have excellent training and they definitely live by being the best.
Great place to work for! Lots of opportunity for advancement. Fun people to work for and good vibes always while working. Very fast pace, expect to have long busy shifts.
They train you to do your job and do your job well with online courses as well as in person training. your given an opportunity to move up within the company in many different areas. Great place to work
Wonder full job and experience, made life long friends. Growing up in a mature and fast paced environment really helped me become the person i am today.
it was good the environment was healthy with lots of awesome people. i loved the vibe and the energy. i would highly recommend this place to someone who wants to work in the hospitality industry
Cactus has an incredible corporate culture, unlike anything i’ve ever experienced working at other restaurants. It is the perfect job for a student to work part time in school to make a good income and make friends. I would not recommend Cactus as a career path as it is very difficult to advance beyond being a lower level manager.
The Kitchen was a great environment to work in, the sous chefs are very knowledgable and willing to help you learn and become a better KP. Theres was always lots of fun while working in the kitchen but also a very professional environment.
Cleanest restaurant ever worked in, everyone is dedicated and want to grow within the company and industry. Learned alot from this place and excellent place for growth and advancement for younger cooks aswell.
Pros
Sunday funday
Cons
Non worth noting
this job allowed me to have social skills. it gave me experience to multitask, be organized and work well with a team. I learned to work well under pressure.
Working at Cactus Club Cafe was a great experience. They are very professional but also very open towards the needs of each employer. If you are looking for a host/server/bar job, I highly recommend dropping of a resume there.
  1. Job Security & Advancement