Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews

First and foremost, don’t work for macleod trail! The possibility of advancement is zero. “Aces in their places”, or a nice way of the sous chefs telling you they are too lazy to train, and management is unwilling to put those training hours down. Inconsistency is the name of the game, with no follow ups, so the inconsistency stays pretty consistent unfortunately. Work life balance is horrible, with the scheduling app GIVING YOU a start and end time, BUT only the start time is enforced. There is no care about your personal life, responsibilities, or even your set availability. Really great company culture, if only it could be followed. Kitchen is RUN DOWN to the point the steamer leaks boiling hot water and scalds you when it hits you. The equipment does not facilitate learning, efficiency, or cleanliness. Management on both ends constantly bad mouth other employees around people, leaving you wondering what they say about you when you leave. Stay away from MAC T if you want to keep your passion for food service.
Pros
Great boh & foh staff to work with
Cons
No work life balance, terrible equipment, run down kitchen, no room for advancement
Hmm, the management heads are not good people. They try to pass as caring but at the end of the day all they care about is money, not you. They don't do any real work unless their own boss is around, they will let you suffer on your own during rushes. They offer no support. If you get on their bad side they will ice you out and make your life miserable.
Pros
made cool friends
Cons
Lol
I had such great managers. They really helped me grow in the industry. Flexible with people wha have school and work. I made good friends. Wonderful training by week 2 I was confident to get on line all by myself.
Pros
Great managers. Flexible with school work.
Started out ok, they give you in house money to use only at cactus for rewards, no pay increase even when you make Jr souc chef, your minimal wage increases is your pay raise. Lots of brown nosing massive popularity contest, you can be a terrible cook and promoted because your well liked or invest in the company. Tip pool is corrupt, make no mistake if you are struggling your team will not help you and laugh as you struggle even if your new and tell management this is why you don’t fit here so they get better shot at promotion.
Pros
Starting wage is better by 1$
Cons
Cactus club are penny pinchers, they will cut staff and screw over their team if it meant to save a few bucks. Stressful work environment and the occasional temper tantrum from the chef's, high expectations, low pay, you are not treated well here, working here feels like you are slowly chipping away at your sanity and dignity. Perfectionism reigns supreme and you are expected to work like an impeccable unfeeling automaton. If you make a mistake you will be hearing about it from 6 different managers.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, hostile work environment.
I worked at cactus club for almost 3 years. I had amazing opportunities that they gave me, I started as a hostess, and worked my way into the bar. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and I appreciated how management respected their staff.
Pros
50% off food!
Cons
Weird hours
This entire restaurant is a joke. The managers are rude and act like teenagers when they’re 35+, they break COVID-19 safety rules, and treat their staff very badly.
Pros
Fun PART-TIME job
Cons
Rude/Irresponsible managers, have to be “pretty”
Every location is very different based on the staff and clientele.There was a lot of favouritism with management. However Cactus did provide the best training overall. Great place to start in the industry.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small sections
Cactus Club is new to Toronto but it has deep roots in Vancouver Canada, that is where it gets its great workplace culture. The vibe of the people they hire alwasy seem to mesh well together and get along so well. They are always trying to improve and have very strong core values that they do their best to achieve everyday.
Pros
Workplace culture is great, 50% of food while working
Cons
Long or too short of hours, low salary for junior managers. No benifits.
The management is impeccable at Cactus Club, they really know how to run a successful business. I got to meet smart individuals who want to see you thrive at work.
Upper management needs to work on development and strength of their team to be able to lead adequately. The support does not exist, the job security does not exist, favourites are played and you are frequently asking about why you're there. That is until you develop friendships with some of the most incredible people you've ever met FOH and BOH. Good people want to work for the best company, and overall, this place is. It's only the location that I worked at last that is so so poor. Do yourself a favour and investigate the leadership at the locations you have nearest to you before making a decision. It makes a MASSIVE difference in how much you love this company.
Pros
Quick & Easy Money
Cons
Never feeling good enough
Productive workplace with really great staff and people who create a healthy work environment. They really value their employees and all that they bring to the company.
Usually its a question of performance or dedication to long hours but a combination of both still won't promote you. If you don't fit in with the crowd you won't have much of a future. The odd manager will coach you however the majority of the time is a sink or swim environment. Pay is bare minimum
Pros
the customer base
Cons
the colleague base
Tricks are all over the place You get to be told something that makes thing they doing fair things but than you relized your fooled and tricked Pay is horrible Management looking for using you as much as possible to suck your whole energy than pay you nothing
Pros
Cons
Pay, mangment from Chef to FOH. All working against you
Had a terrible environment. The managers and other staff would be very inappropriate at work, followed by a mandatory revealing uniform and high heels.
You learn so much from working at Cactus club, it truly is an amazing place to work especially if you'd like to work your way up in the field. hehehehe
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Fast paced AF.
Working in the dish area at cactus was fun 90% of the time because my coworkers were fun everyone in the kitchen is pretty much a big family. When it came to dealing with problematic employees though management wasn’t very much help.
You're able to make a living while interacting with new people everyday and making friends! Cactus has an excellent team moral and enjoyable management that are constantly helping you grow!
been with cactus club multiple times and have enjoyed every minute, they set the bar for restaurant chains in canada. From the way they treat their employees to the support the give their staff its second to none, i would recommend anyone interested in furthering their culinary careers to consider contacting a location in their town
I enjoyed working in cactus club cafe Management and all the other co-employees are very helpful. I was having problem balancing my studies while working there and covid-19 also came up so i had to leave the job
I love working for Cactus Club so much. They are by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. The management, staff and environment is so fun, genuine, knowledgeable and always willing to help and go above and beyond. They follow great values and morals. Absolutely will always highly recommend them!
  1. Employee reviews