Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews for Dishwasher

Dishwasher16 reviews
Canada16 reviews
Good company
Great company great staff clean environment friendly staff clean kitchen lovely ambience great bar great bartender and great service accurate great waitress
The chefs make food for the workers
Every shift the chefs would offer to make workers food, also they handed out red bull and other drinks for everybody to enjoy the work. Also, cactus club is a very inclusive community, it felt like your in a family.
Hated it...
You got to be down with the clown(s), if you don't want to be frown.

To be serious, got written up one time for calling in ten minutes late. Not to forget, it's a complete rat race to use the kitchen equipment, especially using the timers for multi-tasking your line-set prep. Hopefully they changed their ways after the high overturning of staff while I was employeed there for a short time.
Great Learning Experience
A great learning experience on how to work in a kitchen.
The atmosphere is great and there is a friendly and productive work environment.

I learned quite a bit on the job.
Not enough money
Cactus was a great environment but the pay was very low for 8 hours and making me work 6 days a week. I asked for 3 days a week and didn't complain when they added more days but it was a stressful place and some of the sous chef's annoyed me and harassed me so I quit.
Pros
Friendly work environment for the most part. You get to eat all the food all at one
Cons
NO BREAKS!!! Legit they would make me work 8 hours with no break.
great place to work with amazing co-workers
Great places to work with even greater people to work with. Long hours but with all the help you get to go by fast. Dish place was a bit unorganized but with the help if extra people it was very easy to get organized again.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
Very long hours
Good potential with improvement in some areas
Typical day at work can be either easygoing or stressful depending on how the restaurant is flowing and how well you maintain communication with coworkers. I have learned that working as a vocal team can be a key factor in trying to control the morale and pace in this type of work.
It is important you get proper training from the start because you will quickly learn that an “easygoing” day in this industry can still have lots of stressful moments if you are not properly trained on how to manage or prevent them without help.

Management has the potential to make an excellent environment but needs improvement with lack of communication between staff and schedule timing. (Possibly due to shortage of staff.) Workplace culture seems great but would be more ideal if more staff or management followed the company guidelines the way they were explained in orientations.

The hardest part about this job is having to work alone at what sometimes feels a lot like a 2 person job if you do not have proper training so trying to stay ahead and keeping every one of your coworkers happy can be difficult if you do not communicate which is not always easy to do in this busy business because everyone is in a rush which makes it hard to take breaks because you are worried about letting people down or falling too far behind.

The most enjoyable part of the job is joking around with people the moments you can because you are all constantly busy.
Pros
50% off & free soft drinks during shift
Cons
Stressful and hard on body long term
Low Paying, Physically demanding,
always kept me until 2am even without a ride home & no public transit running, sous chef offers rides home in exchange for late stays and never follows through, walked from DT to Valley Ridge, didn't get home until 5am and had to work at 12pm, Ripped off my tips and pay cheque constantly
Pros
nice kitchen staff
Cons
Everything else
Fun, High Energy, Artistic
Learned a lot about preparing food and commercial dishwashing
Conditioned to work under high stress and fast environments

Very high energy environment and staff

Management was very caring about their employees

Overall a great place to work and enjoyed the environment a lot
Pros
Great food, amazing people
Cons
Dishwashing was very gross at times
Gain more self-confidence & improve interpersonal relationship with other people.
Manage to deal with kids & co-workers.
Learned to be punctual, flexible and responsible.

The hardest part of the job was having allergy to detergent. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the job well done & receiving the salary.
Productive and fast-paced
My experience at Cactus Club was fantastic. There are numerous opportunities for you to move up in the chain of command.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Great place to work as a team
As a very dynamic workplace, working in the kitchen is very important to work as a team. I have improved my communication skills.
The hardest part is staying for 8 hours standing, lifting heavy things, in a very fast pace environment.

The best part is of the job are the people. Most of them work with a smile on their face.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No free meals during shift
Great Work Enviroment, with fun people and a positive atmosphere
Some hard work but any work done is always noticed and management sees hard work. Very active management team. Opportunity for advancement makes the job fun and enjoyable to stive for more.
Pros
Good Staff discount, Team Building
Cons
Late nights(expected)
Not much good to say
Got tripped by an employee while walking with a tray of drinking glasses. Caught on quickly and worked a hard night/closing shift, but did not feel appreciated and was treated poorly by men in dress suits.
Productive, and upbeat workplace, with many memorable moments
I learned many skills at this restaurant. Becoming a communicable person, and a fast learner was a important attribute to gain. I also helped many kitchen workers in their job to cook and serve for the customers. Management was great, they were always there to help in assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there, doing your job with the employees/workers, It was never a dull moment, and you always have someone to look up too, especially if you're a new worker to the restaurant. The hardest part of the job, was doing it on holidays, like New Years Eve or Valentines Day, because you it's busy and you face a lot of adversity when it hits.
I will never forget my experience at Cactus Club Cafe. It was all worth it.
Pros
Discounts, Funny kitchen workers, great environment
Cons
Working till past midnight
Good place to start for any cooks or servers
Easy to get hired on washing dishes, but working to gain promotion requires stamina and full time hours.
Work is hard and monotonous and fast-paced when busy

This Job has taught me to be assertive and responsible.
Pros
50% off food on work days, free drinks (non-alcoholic), resturants always in need of work.
Cons
Busy hours and early cut times.