Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews for Bartender

Great place to pursue careers in the restaurant industry
A fantastic place to work. Became very close with not only your fellow employees but the management aswell. Felt a great sense of care from everyone. Was given many opportunities to further my growth as a person and as a restaurant employee.
fun place
good fun place to work. flexible with hours, great management, and benefits, i would highly recommend this place to others who would like to be apart of the customer service industry.
Poor communication within management
False hope and promise to advance. String you along to keep you interested in the job and then overwork you, hard to get time off, work life balance is stressful. 15 minute breaks on 8+ hour shifts, getting them to pay overtime deserved is like pulling teeth. GM isn't involved in moral. Difficult experience.
Great People
I worked for Cactus Club for many years while living in Vancouver. I started my way from a hostess all the way to management. While I was managing my location received the Cactus Cup and we had some amazing leader days out going white water rafting. During my time there it pay for all of my schooling, car payments and bills. I highly recommend working for them.
Pros
Amazing training program
Cons
Had to wear heels and a skirt.
Cactus Club taught me so much
Prioritization, professionalism, customer service, quality assurance, friendliness, selflessness, the list can keep going on the qualities I had to balance and grow in order to excel at Cactus Club.
As soon as I proved myself and I showed focus on moving up their establishment, I was given the opportunity to advance and take on more responsibility.
beneficial for quality training in customer service.
Great place to learn skills and gain experience within the restaurant culture. Imbalances around gender equality. Difficult place for young woman to grow and nurture their self respect in a healthy way.
Pros
high volume
Cons
egotistical environment
A Shot In The Dark
A not so easy to join and even harder to integrate system is in place that allows higher ups to simply pick their favorite employees and do what they wish with them. Positions of power are held by egotistical yet lazy individuals and the majority of the work is done by the worker ants. It's not easy to move up unless you are one of two things, A beautiful young woman or are compatible with the guys running the show and if you are eager to try and move up then one of those two will show up and change that. They will put you down until you can't get back up and still smile in your face.
Cons
Long Hours, No Benefits
Fun place to work
Always busy at work. Every day was different and that was nice but sometimes hard to connect with managers as they are very selective. Great staff regardless. Like a family
Fun Work Environment
I loved working at Cactus Club in both Edmonton and Vancouver. The energy is always fun and the food was amazing and easy to sell. Management was always there to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was getting the best hours. You really have to work your way up...
Great place to work for
Cactus Club is a great company to work for for young individuals while in school or the developing life stages... hard to leave because of the tips and fun atmosphere.
Pros
Networking, tips, company culture
Cons
Unpaid breaks, low pay for shift leaders and long hours
Fun workplace
Learned a lot about people and building my people skills. Learned so much about myself and grew a lot as a person, my customer service experience was amazing here. Am so comfortable working with people now.
fun easy, flexable
good part-time job for the ideal youth to figure out what they want to do in the career. Great team environment with functioning staff who are keen on acquiring knowledge in each base of there job specifications.
Pros
free lunches
Fun for young people
Fun for young people. Cactus club was a great place to work and make money. Communications between you and management has no transparency and they will not treat you fairly
Pros
people
Cons
management
Professional, exciting and fun place to work and hang out
Management is outstanding at what they do, they handle the flow of the restaurant very well, which allows severs and bartenders to give optimal attention to there guests. They also provide us with training that goes above and beyond what most would consider good enough. Everyone that is hired and brought onto the team instantly feels like you've known everyone for years and team work is always present and encouraged. The hardest part of the job would be to remember all of the amazing clients that walk through our doors but after a few visits, it gets a little easier!
Great place to learn valuable skills in the food and beverage industry.
Cactus club is a great company to work for and grow in. I have worked there for nine years now and still love everyday. The level of training you receive in every area is impeccable. I would advise anyone wanting to learn and grow in the restaurant industry to go work there.
Productive and Fun workplace
Organized and delivered customers’ food and beverage orders contributing to the results in record breaking sales for the Cactus Club Café; developed strong multi-tasking and customer service skills in one of the reported busiest restaurants in Canada based on food sales.Consecutively recognized by management as top sales associate as a result of product marketing ability, strong work ethic and organizational skills
Fun and fast paced enviroment
-Starts of steady and escalates to a busy but productive day.
-I have learned that patience is key in this industry and when the customer leaves happy you know you have done your job well.

-Management is understanding an very helpful when is comes to anything to do with their staff. They are a little disorganized at times but i feel as if that happens in any work place.

-The ladies and gentlemen that work there make it feel like a second home, they've always got your back.

-Names! Faces change frequently in the business so that can be a difficult part of the job

-The people you meet, they're are always characters when you serve and that is one of the best parts of the job
Pros
50% off food, you get to work with your best friends
Cons
Never knowing an end time
excellent job to work at. They really try hard to keep themselves in the top 50 places to work in BC
I loved this job. everyone worked so well together even on a busy saturday night. working the bar back i would usually start around 9 am or 6pm and work till closing around 1am. all night i was stocking booze in the front so the bar team didn't have to go get it themselves. changing kegs at first was the hardest part but after a couple it gets so easy. the tips were also awesome, i walked away with 2.5% of whatever the bar top made.
Pros
free meals and great tips
Cons
during a dead morning shift you had niothing to do.