Cactus Club Cafe
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Cactus Club Cafe Employee Reviews

Canada307 reviews
Productive workplace with really great staff and people who create a healthy work environment. They really value their employees and all that they bring to the company.
Usually its a question of performance or dedication to long hours but a combination of both still won't promote you. If you don't fit in with the crowd you won't have much of a future. The odd manager will coach you however the majority of the time is a sink or swim environment.
Pay is bare minimum
Pros
the customer base
Cons
the colleague base
Tricks are all over the place
You get to be told something that makes thing they doing fair things but than you relized your fooled and tricked

Pay is horrible

Management looking for using you as much as possible to suck your whole energy than pay you nothing
Pros
Cons
Pay, mangment from Chef to FOH. All working against you
Had a terrible environment. The managers and other staff would be very inappropriate at work, followed by a mandatory revealing uniform and high heels.
You learn so much from working at Cactus club, it truly is an amazing place to work especially if you'd like to work your way up in the field. hehehehe
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Fast paced AF.
Working in the dish area at cactus was fun 90% of the time because my coworkers were fun everyone in the kitchen is pretty much a big family. When it came to dealing with problematic employees though management wasn’t very much help.
You're able to make a living while interacting with new people everyday and making friends! Cactus has an excellent team moral and enjoyable management that are constantly helping you grow!
been with cactus club multiple times and have enjoyed every minute, they set the bar for restaurant chains in canada. From the way they treat their employees to the support the give their staff its second to none, i would recommend anyone interested in furthering their culinary careers to consider contacting a location in their town
I enjoyed working in cactus club cafe
Management and all the other co-employees are very helpful. I was having problem balancing my studies while working there and covid-19 also came up so i had to leave the job
I love working for Cactus Club so much. They are by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. The management, staff and environment is so fun, genuine, knowledgeable and always willing to help and go above and beyond. They follow great values and morals. Absolutely will always highly recommend them!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cactus Club Cafe?
It’s a decent place to work if you can manage the politics, and there is lots. Management is petty and rarely on the floor to support but you’ll always get blamed if something goes wrong. The girls are super catty but you’ll make good money if you can just keep your head down and not get involved. Oh, expect a million servers to get hired in the summer and then everyone only gets one shift a week in the winter. You’ll struggle to pay your bills in the beginning and through the winter. Shift leaders are lazy and useless.. so basically be self sufficient you’ll do ok. 3/5 overall, FCP location
I really love this place
Team work good workers

Serious fun work with the chef’s

Clean place always

Everything under control

The Food is excellent

Amazing service
Cactus club is a very friendly very fun, and professional company! It involved engaging with customers, taking their food and drink orders, staying on top of there table, being able to put a smile on their face, and keeping very busy at a faced paced place! Everyone is friendly, works together as a team, and puts in that extra effort.
Fair, great leadership

but salary is low

flexible scheduling

promotion opportunity

many locations to relocate
I worked here when I was still in high school. I had a sibling die my first week on the job when I came in after my two weeks off EVERYONE knew cause the GM told everyone. Which is totally unprofessional and illegal. I never moved up after that from a hostess to a server they barely gave me shifts and when they did it was just thr shift nobody wanted.
Cactus Club is a popular and busy restaurant, creating a fast-paced environment. It can get overwhelming in the front for hostess on weekends, especially during the evening, but all the coworkers and management help make everything as smooth as possible. All employees are extremely friendly and and eager to help new employees learn.
Cactus Club is a great place to work, and has a good vibe/environment. I have made lots of friends, and it has given me the chance to learn new skills.
Pros
Good environment, people skills, and good pay
Cons
can be stressful, clientele can be difficult at times
I would highly recommend this job to anyone who is willing to work hard in a fast paced environment. Great culture and staff and you get out of the job what you put in.
co-workers treated me well so did the bosses just left because i didn't have enough time because i was at school and was an athlete but so far going there as a customer i still get treated well
Cons
During the interview and training process, the company stressed “Bleed Green,” a company initiative that ensures every staff member is respected and treated equally. However, while working for two months I had several instances where management and sous chefs treated me with insubordination. Also, expeditors and hostesses do not get tipped out, which does not make sense when the restaurant makes upwards to $25k on a Friday or Saturday night.
if was fun, but stopped being about cooking and more about portion control over anything, competition is high in Vancouver if your as bright as the food you cook , then there shouldn't be an issue