Cabot Links

Cabot Links Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
good work but physical workload was quiet more than expected. Fast paced environment, quick workouts, appreciating environment. Customer feed backs reflected positivity.
9 July 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! Working as a Room Attendant is definitely a physically demanding job and a fast-paced one too! Glad to hear that customer feedback was shared and that is boosted positivity!
World Class Golf Course!
Friendly environment.

Great team.

Best guest service manager ever.

Beautiful town with amazing beaches and lovely locals.

Very different atmosphere and lifestyles than cities. Great for people who loves the outdoors.
9 July 2020
Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us!
Working at the course itself is so very different than working as a caddie. Working as a caddie you're able to make more $, chose your own hours, and it is far more enjoyable than any job the course offers.
9 July 2020
It's certainly is a benefit to be able to create your work schedule as a caddie. It's also a great way to make some extra money if you are working in another department on property! Thank you for sharing your feedback!
Cabot has a great group of core employees that make everyone feel at home. Very nice area to live and company to work for. Facilities are top notch and competitive wages.
9 July 2020
Thanks so much for sharing feedback about your experience here! We hope that you return!
Always short of staff and they don't pay enough. Management is really nice and mean well, but need training in leadership and relationship building is needed.
9 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it's very much appreciated.

We do our best to maintain appropriate staffing levels throughout the season, but are sometimes challenged when students return to the classroom in the fall. We understand that this may leave employees who are still here to pull extra hours. We review pay per position each year to ensure that we are in line or better than others in the area. As for leadership training, we will make note of this and work to improve on this front! Thanks again.
The beautiful location of the Cabot Links Golf course, friendly environment and diverse. A great place to work and grow as an individual and as an employee.
9 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience working with us! Hope you join us again!
Cabot is a beautiful golf resort on the ocean in western Cape Breton and is ranked as the best in Canada and one of the best in the world. It's vistas, down-to-earth people and world class golf and service made it a true treat to work and play at... :-)
Pros
Landscape, Ocean, Weather, People, Management, Organization, Morale, Opportunity
Cons
Be ready to wear multiple hats and work hard! (not really a con if you enjoy your job)
9 July 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience being a part of our team!
fast paced world class golf course, breaks not a priority but really great team and beautiful place to work. They provide opportunities to connect outside working hours and appreciative of good effort
13 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We hope that you enjoy your season being part of our team!
Would not go back. Very poor working environment, very inappropriate and unqualified management. Horrible housing. Poor pay. Managers do not know how to do their own job much less teach others to do theirs.
Pros
Beautiful view
Cons
Pay
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. Without knowing the department you worked in, or the position you held, it can be difficult to respond and improve a certain area of the business.

With regard to your feed back on the management being "very inappropriate and unqualified" - Cabot has a number of channels for employees to voice concerns and bring issues forward (in real time) so that we have an opportunity to investigate and action. We have a great leadership team here with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities.

We are aware of the challenges we face with housing in the area. Opening a property in a rural environment and creating a world class destination is not without its setbacks. The community has certainly come a long way in terms of development and infrastructure, that being said, Cabot does offer staff accommodations and we are working hard to build out our list of community partners with housing options for rent. Finally, the wages we offer are competitive and comparable to others in the local area for our industry.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and understand there is room for improvement.

Best regards
I have never worked with a better crew than this one. I walked in not knowing much about being a kitchen crew member and walked out with so many new skills and people that believed in me and to this day still are there for me.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of good housing
19 February 2019
We're happy to hear that you had a great (first) experience working in one of our kitchens! We pride ourselves on our staff and the friendly and supportive culture that we have here at Cabot.

We recognize the challenge of finding suitable accommodation in and around Inverness. We are continually working to improve our staff accommodations as well as building out our list of community partners who have housing options available.
It is a very nice place to work, in any of the departments. people are friendly and the overall environment is incredible. The course's are beautiful and scenery is also incredible.
Pros
Free water, atmosphere, access to the Inverness beach is easy to navigate.
19 February 2019
We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience working with us, and we share your sentiment on the natural beauty here!
I will never go back here. Did not enjoy my summer at all. Felt like they promised a lot more then they could deliver. They made it so fantastic right up until about two weeks in. Do your research before going out here. The only thing that would make it worth it would to be a server, bartender and have experience before you go out because they don't always do the best training. They are always understaffed. My direct manager was amazing to me and my close team was great. That is why I stayed so long and then the senior management made it easy to leave.
They do not appreciate their seasonal staff. I don't know how it is still running.

They need to up their game for staff a lot!

Also not recommended to travel here with out a car.
Pros
hire people on passion, can get your foot in the door
Cons
everything else, small town, not enough employees, bad wages, over worked, long season, no retention bonus
19 February 2019
We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a better experience working with us last summer.

As a seasonal business, operating from May-October, we do our best to provide the necessary training to new staff when they start, which includes on-the-job training, departmental orientation and an HR led orientation session. Having experience for the job you are hired to do is beneficial, and will fast-track how much OTJ training is needed. We recognize that employees who start mid-season are joining when the operation is busy, and that can make parts of OTJ training a bit more challenging. We're trying to rectify that by having designated trainers in each department. We also recognize that staffing levels fluctuate when our university and college students return to class at the end of the summer, and during this time, our departments may feel a bit of a pinch. Our department leaders do their best to anticipate these staffing needs while also doing our best of offer summer work opportunities to students.

While we don't offer a retention bonus, our wages are competitive and comparable to others in the local area for our industry. Cabot is far from a lot of places, and anyone interested in joining our team should do their research on the area and the company - just like you would do for any other job. Finally, we DO appreciate our seasonal staff, AND our permanent staff, and all other employees of Cabot. Employees who feel otherwise should discuss with their manager or a member of HR. We certainly appreciate you coming out here, we recognize that as a young (and growing) company, we
 - more...
The hardest part of the job was 'The Job' (Kitchen Steward). The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members and tasting all the 'Great Food'.

The Workplace Culture is what you make of it. Avoiding those who are negative and not engaging in negative conversations or negative actions works perfectly.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I'm glad that you found our team to be friendly and that you had an opportunity to taste some of the excellent dishes! Working in the kitchen can be a busy and stressful environment at times. We appreciate your feedback on the workplace culture and will continue to work on improving it!

We hope you'll join us again next season.

Best regards
Great sense of teamwork and cross-departmental communication. Fast-paced workplace with high level of customer service. Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
19 February 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience being a part of our friendly Cabot team!
Typical day is to head down to the golf course and meet up with one of the caddie supervisors. They then introduce you to your player and you go out and caddie or the guest.
21 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We hope you'll be back again this season!
I worked here at the links and the cliffs and both where a mess you are overworked under paid and your work is never apperciated and any complaints never get looked into would never go back to cabot they dont give a dang about their workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horrible managment horrible pay never get the hours your promised.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience during your time with us. Opening a property in a rural environment and creating a world class destination is not without its setbacks. It takes a lot of hard work to get there.

We have a great leadership team with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities. Our managers and leaders DO appreciate our staff and there are a number of channels available for employees to voice concerns and bring issues forward (in real time) so that we have an opportunity to investigate and action. The wages we offer are competitive and comparable to others in the local area for our industry.

Finally, we recognize that as a young (and growing) company, we are not perfect, but, we are doing our best to improve our operation each season! Thanks again for providing feedback.
Cabot links is an unorganized mess that should be investigated for a number of things. Poor management in all departments, especially the turf department. They will lie to anyone from away to get them to travel there and work. 11 dollars an hour is what you start of with in almost all departments. Know your right before you start work in here because they will take advantage of them and manipulate them to make thereblives easier. Whenni worked they 10 people quit working I a span of 3 months!
Cons
poor management, especially turf
27 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a better experience.

Over the past few years, Cabot has experienced exponential growth. Growth in the number of employees, rooms, courses, guests, and more. Keeping up with this growth can bring some operational challenges along with it. We've brought on a great leadership team with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities to lead their respective departments.

Cabot is far from a lot of places, and anyone interested in joining our team should do their research on the area and the company before coming here - just like you would do for any other job. Lying is not part of our recruitment strategy, and we would never intentionally mislead someone here under false pretenses, nor would we "take advantage" or "manipulate" someone. Any employee who feels this way is encouraged to speak to a member of management or HR.

Our pay is competitive with others in the area for the industry. Finally, working on turf is a physically demanding job, and not for everyone. We certainly appreciate you coming out here, we recognize that as a young (and growing) company, we are not perfect, but, we are doing our best to improve our operation each season!
Prepare for abrupt schedule changes, hard work in the sun while forced to wear a black uniform,some days having to walk up to 10 kilometers,which isn't rare. waking up at 4 30 am for work, and POOR MANAGEMENT! One thing I liked about this job was the day was over at 2:30 pm and it kept me in great shape. I would not go back , I was overworked and underpaid.
27 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Working on the turf is a physically demanding job. The early start time can be a bit of a drag, but finishing the day at 230 is a bonus! You're not the first person to mention that the black uniform is too hot to wear in the sun, and we are looking to change the color for the upcoming season!

While schedule changes occur in all departments, this is not a common and reoccurring practice. Our rates of pay are competitive with others in the area and industry and we review this information annually.

Thanks again for providing your feedback.
I would check and restock supplies, make sure everything was up to snuff. I enjoyed the management very fair and good co-workers. The job was not stressful, the best part of the job was being able to speak to new people and learn more about what customer service was about.
21 February 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and were able to learn more about customer service! Its definitely a perk when we get the opportunity to meet and interact with people from all over the world!
My time at Cabot Links was summer work coming out of high school and the work was alright I guess. For the work they expected you to do the pay was not nearly enough. However I worked throughout the summer and made some friends with my fellow employees and was done what I was asked.
Pros
Discounts, barbecues
Cons
Boss was not liked