Cabot Links Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations for minimal pay
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS5 February 2019
Would not go back. Very poor working environment, very inappropriate and unqualified management. Horrible housing. Poor pay. Managers do not know how to do their own job much less teach others to do theirs.
Pros
Beautiful view
Cons
Pay

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience. Without knowing the department you worked in, or the position you held, it can be difficult to respond and improve a certain area of the business.

With regard to your feed back on the management being "very inappropriate and unqualified" - Cabot has a number of channels for employees to voice concerns and bring issues forward (in real time) so that we have an opportunity to investigate and action. We have a great leadership team here with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities.

We are aware of the challenges we face with housing in the area. Opening a property in a rural environment and creating a world class destination is not without its setbacks. The community has certainly come a long way in terms of development and infrastructure, that being said, Cabot does offer staff accommodations and we are working hard to build out our list of community partners with housing options for rent. Finally, the wages we offer are competitive and comparable to others in the local area for our industry.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and understand there is room for improvement.

Best regards

Amazing crew
2nd Cook (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS29 January 2019
I have never worked with a better crew than this one. I walked in not knowing much about being a kitchen crew member and walked out with so many new skills and people that believed in me and to this day still are there for me.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of good housing
19 February 2019

We're happy to hear that you had a great (first) experience working in one of our kitchens! We pride ourselves on our staff and the friendly and supportive culture that we have here at Cabot.

We recognize the challenge of finding suitable accommodation in and around Inverness. We are continually working to improve our staff accommodations as well as building out our list of community partners who have housing options available.

Overall a great place to work
Turf Tech/Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS30 November 2018
It is a very nice place to work, in any of the departments. people are friendly and the overall environment is incredible. The course's are beautiful and scenery is also incredible.
Pros
Free water, atmosphere, access to the Inverness beach is easy to navigate.
19 February 2019

We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience working with us, and we share your sentiment on the natural beauty here!

Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Inverness, Nova Scotia28 November 2018
The hardest part of the job was 'The Job' (Kitchen Steward). The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members and tasting all the 'Great Food'.

The Workplace Culture is what you make of it. Avoiding those who are negative and not engaging in negative conversations or negative actions works perfectly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I'm glad that you found our team to be friendly and that you had an opportunity to taste some of the excellent dishes! Working in the kitchen can be a busy and stressful environment at times. We appreciate your feedback on the workplace culture and will continue to work on improving it!

We hope you'll join us again next season.
Best regards

Extremely busy, team-oriented workplace
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS3 November 2018
Great sense of teamwork and cross-departmental communication. Fast-paced workplace with high level of customer service. Very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
19 February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience being a part of our friendly Cabot team!

Caddie (Current Employee) –  Inverness, NS29 July 2018
Typical day is to head down to the golf course and meet up with one of the caddie supervisors. They then introduce you to your player and you go out and caddie or the guest.
21 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We hope you'll be back again this season!

Horrible management
Window Cleaner, range attendent (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS16 December 2017
I worked here at the links and the cliffs and both where a mess you are overworked under paid and your work is never apperciated and any complaints never get looked into would never go back to cabot they dont give a dang about their workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horrible managment horrible pay never get the hours your promised.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a better experience during your time with us. Opening a property in a rural environment and creating a world class destination is not without its setbacks. It takes a lot of hard work to get there.

We have a great leadership team with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities. Our managers and leaders DO appreciate our staff and there are a number of channels available for employees to voice concerns and bring issues forward (in real time) so that we have an opportunity to investigate and action. The wages we offer are competitive and comparable to others in the local area for our industry.

Finally, we recognize that as a young (and growing) company, we are not perfect, but, we are doing our best to improve our operation each season! Thanks again for providing feedback.

Poorly managed managed crews
Turf Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS24 August 2017
Cabot links is an unorganized mess that should be investigated for a number of things. Poor management in all departments, especially the turf department. They will lie to anyone from away to get them to travel there and work. 11 dollars an hour is what you start of with in almost all departments. Know your right before you start work in here because they will take advantage of them and manipulate them to make thereblives easier. Whenni worked they 10 people quit working I a span of 3 months!
Cons
poor management, especially turf
27 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a better experience.

Over the past few years, Cabot has experienced exponential growth. Growth in the number of employees, rooms, courses, guests, and more. Keeping up with this growth can bring some operational challenges along with it. We've brought on a great leadership team with a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are incredibly confident in their abilities to lead their respective departments.

Cabot is far from a lot of places, and anyone interested in joining our team should do their research on the area and the company before coming here - just like you would do for any other job. Lying is not part of our recruitment strategy, and we would never intentionally mislead someone here under false pretenses, nor would we "take advantage" or "manipulate" someone. Any employee who feels this way is encouraged to speak to a member of management or HR.

Our pay is competitive with others in the area for the industry. Finally, working on turf is a physically demanding job, and not for everyone. We certainly appreciate you coming out here, we recognize that as a young (and growing) company, we are not perfect, but, we are doing our best to improve our operation each season!

A Bad Place to work.
turf technician (Former Employee) –  Cabot cliffs inverness22 March 2017
Prepare for abrupt schedule changes, hard work in the sun while forced to wear a black uniform,some days having to walk up to 10 kilometers,which isn't rare. waking up at 4 30 am for work, and POOR MANAGEMENT! One thing I liked about this job was the day was over at 2:30 pm and it kept me in great shape. I would not go back , I was overworked and underpaid.
27 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Working on the turf is a physically demanding job. The early start time can be a bit of a drag, but finishing the day at 230 is a bonus! You're not the first person to mention that the black uniform is too hot to wear in the sun, and we are looking to change the color for the upcoming season!

While schedule changes occur in all departments, this is not a common and reoccurring practice. Our rates of pay are competitive with others in the area and industry and we review this information annually.

Thanks again for providing your feedback.

Productive fast pace job.
House Person (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS30 September 2016
I would check and restock supplies, make sure everything was up to snuff. I enjoyed the management very fair and good co-workers. The job was not stressful, the best part of the job was being able to speak to new people and learn more about what customer service was about.
21 February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and were able to learn more about customer service! Its definitely a perk when we get the opportunity to meet and interact with people from all over the world!

Work was productive, good hours
General Labourer (turf technician) (Former Employee) –  Inverness, NS22 August 2016
My time at Cabot Links was summer work coming out of high school and the work was alright I guess. For the work they expected you to do the pay was not nearly enough. However I worked throughout the summer and made some friends with my fellow employees and was done what I was asked.
Pros
Discounts, barbecues
Cons
Boss was not liked
27 February 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Links. Our community is ready to answer.

Cabot Links Reviews by Location