Cabot Corporation Employee Reviews

Professional work environment with great benefits
Senior Accountant & Treasury Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA5 May 2019
Everyone at Cabot Corporation is very professional and employees are treated equally no matter which department they work in. Everyone is given the opportunity to advance in their careers via training and tuition reimbursement. The company also awards scholarships for children of employees each year. The company provides great benefits for employees including medical, eye, and dental insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts, 401K matching up to 6%, free short term and life insurance, and much more. Depending on the department, traveling is allowed and encouraged.
Fun Co-op, learned a bunch
Performance Materials Co-op (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA16 March 2019
I was a co-op in the performance materials department under Mike Morris. I interfaced a lot between the lab and the scientists who requested experiments and data. I also learned a lot of VBA programming in Excel. I even had my own office as a co-op.
Pros
Had my own office
Cons
Didn't meet very many people
Nice company
Internship (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA21 February 2019
In general, it's a nice company to work in, very good at keeping people safe in the research environment.
However, if you are seeking for big money, it's not really the company you want.
N/a
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City9 January 2019
Do not wish to leave a full review - Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company and are a good company to work for.
Good benefits, fast paced, no advancement opportunity.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MA15 October 2018
Good place to work. Very fast paced. Little advancement opportunity. Long hours Safety environment is a plus. Monthly safety training. First Aid/CPR/AED training available.
Pros
Reward for milestones
Cons
Lack of opportunity.
Mid level management stinks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LA15 September 2018
Pay is great, dirty job, no chance for advancement, will hire foremen off the street, lower management=clueless. Upper management= penny pinching, if you are worried about Safety...then you will be labeled as a "troublemaker". Even as a union shop, if management wants you gone.....you're gone!!
Pros
Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Old School Big Company
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA19 July 2018
Cabot has an old school vibe; no great work from home policy and slow to change things that should be able to pivot quickly. They do have a solid sense of security though and the pay is not bad.
Best Company Ever
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 June 2018
Family owned.business and they treated their employees as family. I have never had a job again as fine as this one. They are incredible, kind and they are endearing. If I ever had the chance to work for them again, I would. They are not in the state I live in right now, so that won’t occur any day soon. I would highly recommend Cabot Corporation. I would like to thank them for a lot of wonderful years.
ambiente lavoro pessimo
responsabile manutenzione e produzione (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna15 June 2018
quasi impossibile fare carriera
minima o nulla gestione manageriale
Safety comes first
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MA2 June 2018
Safety cultural is important at this company. They really do care about your well-being, even if they do go overboard at times. The hours are flexible and the people are great to work with.
Pros
free ice cream every week
Empresa com clima agradável para se trabalhar porém com poucas chances de promoção
Estagiária de Compras (Former Employee) –  Mauá, SP28 May 2018
A empresa possui uma cultura e ambiente de trabalho extremamente agradável, com diversas ações para motivar os funcionários e promover os valores que a mesma propõe. Infelizmente a mesma não proporciona grandes oportunidades de promoção e plano de carreira por ter um quadro de funcionários enxuto.
good place to work
Accounts Receivable/ Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA24 May 2018
I started as a contractor and was promoted to a full time employee within 6 months so, I started from the bottom. There are not many opportunities for advancement.
Productieve werkomgeving met goede sfeer en eerlijke mogelijkheden
Customer Care Export Representative (Former Employee) –  Haasrode24 May 2018
Ik heb zeer graag voor deze firma gewerkt en mocht er geen verhuizing hebben plaatsgevonden van het SSCE naar Riga, Letland had ik hier waarschijnlijk nog gewerkt.
Excelente empresa
Estágio em Engenharia Mecânica - Logística (Former Employee) –  Mauá, SP16 April 2018
Ótima empresa, ótimos funcionários e ótimas oportunidades.
Pros
Ótimas remunerações
Cons
Alguns funciomários incondizentes
VANS sales Rep
Sales Representative / Vans - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 April 2018
Depending on my part time shift pattern Morning or Afternoon, a typical day at VANS consisted of a quick 5 minute skate through the vibrant Bristol City centre to work for a 4-6 hour shift, where we would be prompted on our set daily targets considering customer service, product sizing, promoting old&new merchandise and number of sales we'd aim to get as individuals and as a store.
The team and management were awesome company, kind and helpful- the hardest part of the job was their extensive stock room of shoes for sure - but with some practice and little help from a step ladder anything's possible!
Pros
Chosen representative uniform per season and benefits of deals with sistering company's
Ottimo ambiente
Analisi di laboratorio (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna14 April 2018
Ottimo ambiente lavorativo, sia dal punto di vista del lavoro, sia interpersonale. Personale serio e disponibile
good company
Finance (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA25 March 2018
Overall, great company. You can move around in the company and work in different areas. Workdays are typical manufacturing work hours but lot of folks work during evenings. No more stress than a typical company. Culture was great.
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LA15 March 2018
Monitored all process equipment to maintain a good product for the customers. Calibrate temperature and pressure gauges, took samples, housekeeping, computer work, and loaded railcars. The workplace had a great culture and I loved the people who I worked with.
Pros
bonus money
Cons
very little advancement
Fast Pace -
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 March 2018
I process 1590 – 1700 invoices monthly. Though many people find change difficult to handle, I understand how to handle it with ease. We have a very fast paced environment and I understand how to navigate the changes and provide high quality work. Over the 12 years I continue to remain nimble and adapt to changing circumstances. I find it easy to be energetic and ready to start work in the morning. I have strong motivation in my responsibilities throughout the day. As the AP lead I work to keep a positive attitude and help motivate others in my department to do the same. My attitude toward positive change is one of enthusiasm, and I consistently put forth an effort to improve myself and my surroundings.
Pros
I work a 10 hr work day 4 days a week off on Fridays
Cons
Hard to get into another department
admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA22 February 2018
Run the day to day operations of the front office, Assisted with employee questions, Adminstrative duties, Payroll, placed orders with vendors....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.