Cabot Corporation Employee Reviews

Cabot Corportation
Global Sales Manager, National Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA25 September 2018
Very energetic innovative culture. Management very supportive from CEO and Executive team. Team oriented philosophy. Room for advancement in Boston area only.
Mid level management stinks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LA15 September 2018
Pay is great, dirty job, no chance for advancement, will hire foremen off the street, lower management=clueless. Upper management= penny pinching, if you are worried about Safety...then you will be labeled as a "troublemaker". Even as a union shop, if management wants you gone.....you're gone!!
Pros
Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Old School Big Company
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA19 July 2018
Cabot has an old school vibe; no great work from home policy and slow to change things that should be able to pivot quickly. They do have a solid sense of security though and the pay is not bad.
Best Company Ever
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 June 2018
Family owned.business and they treated their employees as family. I have never had a job again as fine as this one. They are incredible, kind and they are endearing. If I ever had the chance to work for them again, I would. They are not in the state I live in right now, so that won’t occur any day soon. I would highly recommend Cabot Corporation. I would like to thank them for a lot of wonderful years.
ambiente lavoro pessimo
responsabile manutenzione e produzione (Current Employee) –  Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna15 June 2018
quasi impossibile fare carriera
minima o nulla gestione manageriale
Safety comes first
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MA2 June 2018
Safety cultural is important at this company. They really do care about your well-being, even if they do go overboard at times. The hours are flexible and the people are great to work with.
Pros
free ice cream every week
Empresa com clima agradável para se trabalhar porém com poucas chances de promoção
Estagiária de Compras (Former Employee) –  Mauá, SP28 May 2018
A empresa possui uma cultura e ambiente de trabalho extremamente agradável, com diversas ações para motivar os funcionários e promover os valores que a mesma propõe. Infelizmente a mesma não proporciona grandes oportunidades de promoção e plano de carreira por ter um quadro de funcionários enxuto.
good place to work
Accounts Receivable/ Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA24 May 2018
I started as a contractor and was promoted to a full time employee within 6 months so, I started from the bottom. There are not many opportunities for advancement.
Productieve werkomgeving met goede sfeer en eerlijke mogelijkheden
Customer Care Export Representative (Former Employee) –  Haasrode24 May 2018
Ik heb zeer graag voor deze firma gewerkt en mocht er geen verhuizing hebben plaatsgevonden van het SSCE naar Riga, Letland had ik hier waarschijnlijk nog gewerkt.
Excelente empresa
Estágio em Engenharia Mecânica - Logística (Former Employee) –  Mauá, SP16 April 2018
Ótima empresa, ótimos funcionários e ótimas oportunidades.
Pros
Ótimas remunerações
Cons
Alguns funciomários incondizentes

Want to know more about Cabot Corporation?

Ask a question
VANS sales Rep
Sales Representative / Vans - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 April 2018
Depending on my part time shift pattern Morning or Afternoon, a typical day at VANS consisted of a quick 5 minute skate through the vibrant Bristol City centre to work for a 4-6 hour shift, where we would be prompted on our set daily targets considering customer service, product sizing, promoting old&new merchandise and number of sales we'd aim to get as individuals and as a store.
The team and management were awesome company, kind and helpful- the hardest part of the job was their extensive stock room of shoes for sure - but with some practice and little help from a step ladder anything's possible!
Pros
Chosen representative uniform per season and benefits of deals with sistering company's
Ottimo ambiente
Analisi di laboratorio (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna14 April 2018
Ottimo ambiente lavorativo, sia dal punto di vista del lavoro, sia interpersonale. Personale serio e disponibile
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LA15 March 2018
Monitored all process equipment to maintain a good product for the customers. Calibrate temperature and pressure gauges, took samples, housekeeping, computer work, and loaded railcars. The workplace had a great culture and I loved the people who I worked with.
Pros
bonus money
Cons
very little advancement
Fast Pace -
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA1 March 2018
I process 1590 – 1700 invoices monthly. Though many people find change difficult to handle, I understand how to handle it with ease. We have a very fast paced environment and I understand how to navigate the changes and provide high quality work. Over the 12 years I continue to remain nimble and adapt to changing circumstances. I find it easy to be energetic and ready to start work in the morning. I have strong motivation in my responsibilities throughout the day. As the AP lead I work to keep a positive attitude and help motivate others in my department to do the same. My attitude toward positive change is one of enthusiasm, and I consistently put forth an effort to improve myself and my surroundings.
Pros
I work a 10 hr work day 4 days a week off on Fridays
Cons
Hard to get into another department
admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA22 February 2018
Run the day to day operations of the front office, Assisted with employee questions, Adminstrative duties, Payroll, placed orders with vendors....
It was a good temporary job
Manpower Temp (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, IL6 February 2018
It was a good paying job and the labor wasn't terrible. Unfortunately being a Contract worker there wasn't the greatest and the swing shifts took a toll. The job overall gave me a stronger work ethic and taught me what more serious companies want to see in their employees.
Pros
I wasn't as responsible as hired on workers
Cons
Being a contract worker
Great facility
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA31 January 2018
Working Environment was poor, No ventilated hoods.
No Career advancement. No real on the job Training.
A company you either love or move on.
Hired many unskilled people to save money
Pros
Nice facility
Highly professional and intelligent team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA24 January 2018
All members of the team are highly educated and act professionally. Good guidance and team work, respectful and fun environment. Expectations are high, but you're set up for success.
R&D was located in Remote area with hardly any life.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, IL10 December 2017
It has been a very long time when I worked at Cabot Corporations' R&D in Tuscola, IL.

The pace of work and the culture was not much conducive to learning for recent graduate.
fast paced
Assembly / Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA7 December 2017
it was a very fast paced competitive job, but had a really good crew that worked together. very dirty and but easy to learn. overtime was always available.
Pros
paid decent at the time.
Cons
contract only, very dirty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.