Cabela's Inc. Employee Review

View all Cabela's Inc. reviews

Cabelas' Edmonton
outfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton16 October 2012
It starts out as though they are very family oriented and as though they are very flexible...well they are if you are "one of the guy" or until you say no to being over worked and severly underpaid for the expectations placed on you. Don't ever think you will be hired for the position you applied for because in the end you are expected to work everywhere and be able to do everything. The promise to have every weekend off is a HUGE lie. There is not enough staff because they keep quiting. Management is a joke and and look forward to a 10 to max 50 cent raise/hr after a year of working your tail off if you do as you are told. Most staff are ok but the gossip and talking behind backs is over the top especially in the customer service area. This company makes a HUGE HUGE profit and will not pay accordingly and will not hire staff to help all of us who are severly overworked. This company does not care about it's employees one bit. Someone said it in another comment.. The owners of Cabelas' should be sad and ashamed that they allow this to happen. You want quality workers then treat ALL of them the same.
Pros
great merchandise, good discounts
Cons
long hard days, caddy co workers, management that plays favorites. poor pay and raises

Other Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

The ony bad thing I can say is the pay does not reflect the work that the Clothing Lead has to do.
CLOTHING DEPARTMENT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2018
Cabela's Canada is the greatest retail job I have ever had. Management, coworkers and the general atmosphere is great. My only issue is the wage, if the wage was hire I would not be currently looking for a new job.
Pros
Cons
Pay
management is no good, employees are amazing
In-Store Pick Up and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 April 2018
The management is very clicky and don't care for the employees at all, the atmosphere with the employees is amazing. They didn't train new employees very well, they were basically thrown to the wolves and learn as you go which then turned into them quitting and it was a lot of new people in and out. a lot a lot of the time we were very under staffed
Pros
the employees
Cons
management doesn't care