Cabela's Inc.

Cabela's Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada179 reviews
Good place
Cool place too work with a lot of staff but you feel at home great people good deals, holidays are busy but they pay it off with pizza party’s so it’s all good .
Amazing
the atmosphere within Cabelas is amazing, I have no complaints whatsoever and would just like to say thank you for the amazing work experience. Every worker was more than happy to help with anything you needed, it really felt like a family.
Very much a clique.
The management at Cabelas is the worst I have ever encountered and I was there for more than 6 years. Managers are constantly dating young workers and then firing them when the dating stops.
The managers are promoted based on how much they hunt and fish, with little to no ability to manage people. A real ego show.
Fun
Cashier and customer service, answering phone calls and helping people find things in store. Making fish licenses and doing returns. Helping clean up the store.
Good experiences marred by terrible managers
Worked very hard, with little to no over site. Ended up quitting due to management lying to cover their mistakes and got walked out 4 days into my 2 weeks notice period because the CEO of the Cabela's Canada was coming in for a visit the next day. Put a lot of effort and time into the store, helped different programs and systems get of the floor at the location that i worked at. Only stuck around for as long as I did because of my co-workers who were fantastic.
fun place to work
very good management to be around was a fun work environment to in, very flexible and understanding HR. would work with the company again if I lived near another cabelas.
Job
It was like working with a big family everyone easy to talk to and be around. I will recommend anyone who loves the outdoors to work here. Every one has a story to share.
Great Employees to work with, Upper Management not so much.
Worked for 3+ years, loved the job itself, you can focus on a type of outdoor activity you enjoy and it makes the job easier. Upper management at any large retail store is always difficult. Micromanagement is common. Pay is minimum with very low raises. I learned a lot about customer service and it will benefit me in future jobs.
Overall good, but can be a dead-end
I mean, it's retail. You can't be a millionaire being in the bottom tier, but I do feel as if raises should be offered to those who prove themselves and work hard, show up every day, and go the extra mile.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good discounts, great people
Cons
No recognition for hard work for people who aren't leads or management
it was fun had bbq
come in make sure work station was clean and stocked.Learned how to sell fishing and hunting liscences. The hardest part was telling a customer you were out of something and the wouldn''t understand. The best part was meeting new people
Horrible
This place legitimately gave me ptsd according to my therapist that I had to start seeing because of my experience at Cabelas. Unless you’re willing to brown nose the gm 24/7 they’ll get rid of you
Pros
Cons
Craptastic management
Not a bad place, just poor management
Decent place to work. Very poor management. Fast work environment. Expectations are set to high for the average work time. I wouldn’t recommend this place to a friend.
Very poor training and information support, don't work for Cabelas!!!!!!!!
Got hired in the gun department, was told I needed to remember lengthy computer duties to sell and transfer guns, but wasn't given written instructions to follow. I had to ask fellow employees the different computer routines to follow, and even asked if these routines were already written down so I could get and study them. Was told they were but the assistant gun manager never got them for me after asking him for them. Finally got fellow employees to tell me the computer routines so I could write them down and follow, and just as I was finally able to do the transfers they let me go saying I couldn't do the transfers properly. They don't train you properly and then fire you for not doing the job right!!!!!!! Just another big box store that couldn't give FECES about the employee !!!!!!
Pros
Big parking lot (sic).
Cons
Managers and training is terrible, then they fire you because they didn't train you properly !!!!!
Fairly regular place to wokr
somewhat stressful regular days. Tried to have staff engage with customers even when you were only trained to work in the back. Was not difficult but not overly stimulating
productive - fast paced
The experience gained was phenomenal, the coworkers became family instantly. The management there was about 2/10 because they seemed to only care about work and not about other activities (school, family, life)
Pros
Made great customer experience and great friends
Cons
Bad management
Great part time job
Excellent management, including safety issues, snack during breaks, nice working culture.
Hardest part is probably standing for long hours but there are breaks for rest for sure
Friendly and welcoming environment with good managers.
When I first work for Cabala's I was hired as a seasonal Elf for their Santa photo booth. My Co-workers were friendly and the managers were respectful and helped out whenever I was in need of assistance. I give Cabela's a positive experience overall, Great for first time employees.
Great Place to work
Great place to work I would work there gain in a heartbeat. The wage for a part timer stays the same neither decreases nor increases. If you have beliefs of any kind dont share them for you will be ridiculed and management won't do anything about. Other that I was respected and give lots of hours.
Seasonal
I was laid off with only one days notice. I was not very impressed. But I loved working there. My co-workers were very friendly. It was not an extremely demanding position compared to working in a kitchen. So, it was a relatively laid back job. But it was enjoyable being face to face with customers for a change.
I loved this job
Working with the events team at Cabela’s was the best time I’ve had in a work environment. I loved working with the team and the managers. The interview process was pretty easy, we were in a conference room and I was asked many questions about who I was as a person and my professional experience.
Family Day
Cabela's is a very good company, its like they are your second family. Very good management and very nice co-workers, always have teamwork. If 1 is busy, everybody should be busy.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch
Cons
scorching in the warehouse on summer time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabela's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9