CAA South Central Ontario Employee Reviews

good place to work
Travel Consultant/Member Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2018
Great place to work. Lots of learning and people oriented . Company educates you and is always making changes for the better. The pay however is not equivilant to the work in my opinion
Worse company! My gut told me in the interview but I did not listen!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 May 2018
By far in all my years of work experience I have never seen this type of company before or management. They do not care about people or employees. Management is always looking over there shoulder. Always looking at there cell phone and playing games or making faces. The HR Department is made up of inexperienced professionals. They are by far the most unprofessional group of people i have ever met! HR should return calls, emails and make a decision and not go around in circles. Talk around office is no ex employees to be hired again but the CEO/President hired an executive back that was with CAA before. I can see why employees were mad! Rules for different levels of people. It should be across the board. Anything for employees to work from home, not to go into the office.. People talk and roll eyes at management or co-workers. I was there for a contract positions and was offered a full time position upon renewal of my contract. I could not leave fast enough!! I stuck it out to find a position that is to my standards!! The HR Department does not hold up to my standards or has the capacity or experience to interview educated professional and make a sound decision. They have a lot to learn and this starts from CEO in looking first at the HR department and who is interviewing and making decisions. I find this department unprofessional and by far does not even measure up to other companies Human Resources Department. I was very disappointed with CAA and the overall experience with this company. They have 12 Board Members that should have a look at the issues and  more... the CEO/President work ethics and hiring producal as they are not even close to professional and feel that the staff has no experience and in some departments are not hiring equal opportunity for all applied. This would be the IT Department.  less
Pros
Company cell phone
Cons
From CEO to Management
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work nice co workers and a good work environment but not much run for advancement. Nice work environment. Many training opportunities.
good stable job
Club Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
There were a lot of good people at this job and everyone worked together and worked hard. The company was absorbed into a larger one and then the staff were pitted against one another in order to improve the individual numbers. no longer cohesive.
It's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2018
Pays the bills that's about it. Very repetitive, good benefits, understaffed so it's constantly busy, high turnover rate. There are at home benefits which is good meaning you can work from home but can become very isolating and put one in a state of depression.
Pros
At home opportunities
Cons
not very organized
A good collaborative environment
SAP Project - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 February 2018
Medium to fast pace work environment, but not excessive or unreasonable.

Very approachable management.

Provides long term job security for their employees.
Pros
Managers appreciate the staff and let them know it
Great place to learn new technology
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 January 2018
New technologies are the norm here, so it's a great place to learn. It is a friendly atmosphere and the management is extremely friendly and supportive.
Productive and fun workplace!
Member Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
I personally love working for CAA.Coworkers and manager are all friendly and we help each other out. Flexible with hours and pay is good as well. Would definitely recommend working in any of the retail stores especially the high volume ones so you're not constantly bored. I feel like they pay a lot for your training so they try to keep you in the company as long as possible.
Pros
great pay, discounts to a lot of great places
Cons
Full-time is hard to come by
Great work-life balance. Good HR team. Wellness program, Applause Program
Senior Graphics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 December 2017
Overall CAA is a good employer. I work fairly independently and am trusted to manage my workload with minimal supervision. I design marketing materials for the Travel line of business within CAA. We work on MAC platforms. Management teams are very supportive. The workplace culture for my immediate team is great but have heard some complaints from other teams. The hardest part of the job is being creative within the confines of the CAA Brand. Can be limiting. However the most enjoyable part of the job is challenging myself creatively. Being given the time to develop concepts, attend conferences and add to my skill set is a great bonus.
Worst experience-avoid
Sales associate full time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 November 2017
Caa is a company that boasts customer safety and customer service first- yet wants there employees to upsell them with every phone call. They do not care what plan works best, as long as they have another dollar in there pocket. There are serious issues in the way they handle customers (like double paymentS) and do little to rectify situations. As an employee, they expect you to make this job your life, you work awful hours, are given no time off (even for grievance or appointments) and are expected to work over time every week. They constantly pressure you to pick up more hours, and you will never hear good reviews on yourself. Management is awful, makes people constantly fear job secuirty and let’s go of employees days before Christmas, even after improvement and coaching was completed. Very unprofessional, uncaring and pay is little more then minimum wage. Commission structure is a joke as well, and constantly had times when paycheque was incorrect, had to wait weeks for correct payment to go through, and even then sometimes would be incorrect. All in all this company is by far the worst I’ve ever worked for, and would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Over worked, under paid, awful management
Interesting Experience
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 November 2017
Most of the Managers are first-time Managers even Directors.
People learn from mistakes and that is what is called Experience.
As long as heart is at the right place.
Amazing place to work
Sen. Director of IT Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
It's an awesome work environment and the CEO has a great vision. High service levels to members are the backbone of CAA's success in the area of Roadside Assistance
Caa
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 September 2017
Great Company but difficult to move up. Excellent current CFO. Great desire to expand and grow. They treat their employees well. They allow their customer service to work from home.
good place
Sr. QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
good place to work. working hours are flexible and people are friendly . employees enjoy discounted property and auto insurance along with free CAA membership.
management hard to please
Physical damage appraiser for vehicles (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON31 May 2017
bad company to work for not a company that cares about there people benefits not good to much pressure to have assignments completed in my opinion to many supervisors and or managers that are woman driven bad environment for males to get ahead in the conpany
Avoid at all costs
N/A (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 April 2017
In constant fear of being fired. More and more being expected of you without any compensation or at the very least recognition. The boast work life balance but it's nowhere to be seen. If you have a family the company will expect them to come last after the company and mandatory over time that's written into your contact when hired
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Love working with caa!
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 April 2017
Great company to work for ! They understand what we go throw day basics ! I loved my job ! Just wasn't treat with the respect by the company I worked for !
Proactive, Member Focused,
Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 December 2016
Good company overall
Needs more marketing to promote all the products and services they offer
CAA is a best kept secret
Strong advocacy for the motoring and non-motoring public
Progressive company looking to continue to move forward
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 December 2016
CAASCO is looking to drive their business forward to not only keep all current Members safe, but also to go beyond that and be available at every aspect of their Members lives. There is a great team of people that are always striving to do better and never accept the status quo.
toxic department - NCC Operations.
CONTRACT NETWORK ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON24 October 2016
This is a good company to work for other than their Operations department. There is a 1 year learning curb, however there is no formal training. For example, they will ask you to conduct criminal back round checks for their drivers but never show you what the form looks like, what type of information you should be looking for etc. They will ask you to settle damage disputes between members and their service providers but never train you to properly assess or inspect a damaged vehicle. The list goes on. The operations department is constantly in panic mode due to having a new director that simply does not grasp the concept of the industry. He over works his staff, and as a result their team is always understaffed. They have been about 10 dispatchers and 5 adviser's short over the span of 2 years. The management team lacks leadership skills and are very reactive in the way they run the department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA South Central Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

CAA South Central Ontario Reviews by Location