CAA South Central Ontario Employee Reviews

Review summary of CAA
Intermediate QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 March 2019
Big and stable company, friendly work environment, a lot of experience, work from home option Great place to start careerGreat training Great manager.You have the option of working from home.
Unprofessional leadership, poor culture and unethical!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON25 February 2019
I did not apply but I got called from this company via indeed and went through the whole interview process based on my experience and background thought I would give it a try, as I started my FIRST DAY, my manager was very rude and moody? My colleagues were not ready and willing to accept external candidates and never made me feel welcomed in training or guiding me for any questions I was asking as I only had limited resources to learn protocols and guidelines to understand what I was dealing with and the expectations. Instead I was shadowing someone in my department who was miserable and negative the first week I was there? And not really helping me to fully understand the role and just exposing me the opposite. I expressed my concerns the first week to my supervisor on 2 occasions but he did nothing and seemed uninterested to guide to a better direction. Next day I sat with her again?! and got worst by the day, she would gossip to other employees and then it became like high school as I was a new kid being looked down and the culture was very poor and not a corporate type environment. This time I went to HR to provide multiple examples of my concerns and she took notes and did not show any direction as she did not follow up with me after for anything? My manager had no clue of my job and to be honest lacked the leadership skills and only got feedback from this negative lady I was sitting with? This company lacks culture, structure and qualified people and is very unethical from managers to HR. STAY AWAY! as I see why they get away with alot as they have no AUDIT and the philosophy  more... is typical here, "it's not what you know its who you know!"...regardless what you bring to the table. I only stayed for 6 weeks and left. Hope the high levels will review and make a change based on trends from other reviews related.  less
Pros
Free CAA membership and tea
Cons
Poor culture, unprofessional and leadership are unqualified
Seek better opportunities
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 February 2019
Work from Home
Average payout for commission and bonuses
Benefits, RRSP
Free Membership

Controlling management as they will find ways to prevent you from completing the task
CAA is always understaffed so be prepared to work a lot of O/T
No work life balance as the job will be your life (you'll be expected to work 50+ hours per week)
Horrible training as trainer suggested people won't graduate from the class. Trainers tend to gossip more about rappers and entertainers than train a class to do the job.
Base pay is below average pay as it isn't enough to feed your family
High turnover as more and more people are resigning from the organization due to high level of stress, overworked and little appreciation for work inputted to the company.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Mental Health
membership advisor - remote
Membership Advisor (Former Employee) –  work from home6 January 2019
Horrible job!!!! Not allowed to use more than 5 vacation days at a time... which company does this??? Vacation is by serenity and second day on the job my manager sent an email saying no vacation allowed JUL-AUG (all taken) ??? Every call is monitored and as per trainer if calls are not answered as per the way they want - you get DINGED!
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay, no flexibility within company
Terrible
Member Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 November 2018
A typical day at work would be taking back to back calls with 5 seconds in between. When you need help don't count on any supervisors or team advisors to help you unless you want to willingly lower your compliance scores which will only ever count AGAINST you. There are a lot of measures which you are expected to hit that do not coincide. Not to mention that they monitor and record your screen. This really forces you not to care about the customer and just move on to the next call unless you are ready to risk your mental well being to get to the bottom of a battery problem (which you will have daily). Have fun hearing "I waited on hold for over 2 hours to talk to you" in the winter while you are getting yelled at while the company is understaffed. Management is fake and so is their company culture. Management in Member Support are lazy and don't give an effort for their employees well being. No communication is made on behalf of supervisors when you work at home and you really are alone all day. I have went weeks without talking to my supervisor. Be prepared for this to have a direct impact on your professional developement. You will also be working 12-8pm and vacation time is very difficult to get off. There are no exceptions on top of working weekends more than once a month. The scheduling department is very entitled and the supervisors don't stand up for their employees to fight for your time. You will also be asked repeatedly to take over time. The short of the long is, save yourself the stress of this job and don't bother working for CAA call centres.
Pros
No commuting
Cons
Everything else, especially hours
work life balance
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 June 2018
CAA promotes work and home and balance between work and life. Appreciate your work and place the customer first, and try to resolve issues and concerns that our customer have.
Pros
Work from Home
good place to work
Travel Consultant/Member Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2018
Great place to work. Lots of learning and people oriented . Company educates you and is always making changes for the better. The pay however is not equivilant to the work in my opinion
Worse company! My gut told me in the interview but I did not listen!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 May 2018
By far in all my years of work experience I have never seen this type of company before or management. They do not care about people or employees. Management is always looking over there shoulder. Always looking at there cell phone and playing games or making faces. The HR Department is made up of inexperienced professionals. They are by far the most unprofessional group of people i have ever met! HR should return calls, emails and make a decision and not go around in circles. Talk around office is no ex employees to be hired again but the CEO/President hired an executive back that was with CAA before. I can see why employees were mad! Rules for different levels of people. It should be across the board. Anything for employees to work from home, not to go into the office.. People talk and roll eyes at management or co-workers. I was there for a contract positions and was offered a full time position upon renewal of my contract. I could not leave fast enough!! I stuck it out to find a position that is to my standards!! The HR Department does not hold up to my standards or has the capacity or experience to interview educated professional and make a sound decision. They have a lot to learn and this starts from CEO in looking first at the HR department and who is interviewing and making decisions. I find this department unprofessional and by far does not even measure up to other companies Human Resources Department. I was very disappointed with CAA and the overall experience with this company. They have 12 Board Members that should have a look at the issues and  more... the CEO/President work ethics and hiring producal as they are not even close to professional and feel that the staff has no experience and in some departments are not hiring equal opportunity for all applied. This would be the IT Department.  less
Pros
Company cell phone
Cons
From CEO to Management
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work nice co workers and a good work environment but not much run for advancement. Nice work environment. Many training opportunities.
good stable job
Club Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 April 2018
There were a lot of good people at this job and everyone worked together and worked hard. The company was absorbed into a larger one and then the staff were pitted against one another in order to improve the individual numbers. no longer cohesive.
It's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2018
Pays the bills that's about it. Very repetitive, good benefits, understaffed so it's constantly busy, high turnover rate. There are at home benefits which is good meaning you can work from home but can become very isolating and put one in a state of depression.
Pros
At home opportunities
Cons
not very organized
A good collaborative environment
SAP Project - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 February 2018
Medium to fast pace work environment, but not excessive or unreasonable.

Very approachable management.

Provides long term job security for their employees.
Pros
Managers appreciate the staff and let them know it
Great place to learn new technology
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 January 2018
New technologies are the norm here, so it's a great place to learn. It is a friendly atmosphere and the management is extremely friendly and supportive.
Productive and fun workplace!
Member Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
I personally love working for CAA.Coworkers and manager are all friendly and we help each other out. Flexible with hours and pay is good as well. Would definitely recommend working in any of the retail stores especially the high volume ones so you're not constantly bored. I feel like they pay a lot for your training so they try to keep you in the company as long as possible.
Pros
great pay, discounts to a lot of great places
Cons
Full-time is hard to come by
Great work-life balance. Good HR team. Wellness program, Applause Program
Senior Graphics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 December 2017
Overall CAA is a good employer. I work fairly independently and am trusted to manage my workload with minimal supervision. I design marketing materials for the Travel line of business within CAA. We work on MAC platforms. Management teams are very supportive. The workplace culture for my immediate team is great but have heard some complaints from other teams. The hardest part of the job is being creative within the confines of the CAA Brand. Can be limiting. However the most enjoyable part of the job is challenging myself creatively. Being given the time to develop concepts, attend conferences and add to my skill set is a great bonus.
Worst experience-avoid
Sales associate full time (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 November 2017
Caa is a company that boasts customer safety and customer service first- yet wants there employees to upsell them with every phone call. They do not care what plan works best, as long as they have another dollar in there pocket. There are serious issues in the way they handle customers (like double paymentS) and do little to rectify situations. As an employee, they expect you to make this job your life, you work awful hours, are given no time off (even for grievance or appointments) and are expected to work over time every week. They constantly pressure you to pick up more hours, and you will never hear good reviews on yourself. Management is awful, makes people constantly fear job secuirty and let’s go of employees days before Christmas, even after improvement and coaching was completed. Very unprofessional, uncaring and pay is little more then minimum wage. Commission structure is a joke as well, and constantly had times when paycheque was incorrect, had to wait weeks for correct payment to go through, and even then sometimes would be incorrect. All in all this company is by far the worst I’ve ever worked for, and would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Over worked, under paid, awful management
Interesting Experience
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 November 2017
Most of the Managers are first-time Managers even Directors.
People learn from mistakes and that is what is called Experience.
As long as heart is at the right place.
Amazing place to work
Sen. Director of IT Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
It's an awesome work environment and the CEO has a great vision. High service levels to members are the backbone of CAA's success in the area of Roadside Assistance
Caa
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 September 2017
Great Company but difficult to move up. Excellent current CFO. Great desire to expand and grow. They treat their employees well. They allow their customer service to work from home.
good place
Sr. QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
good place to work. working hours are flexible and people are friendly . employees enjoy discounted property and auto insurance along with free CAA membership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA South Central Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

CAA South Central Ontario Reviews by Location