CAA NIAGARA

CAA NIAGARA Employee Reviews

Great place that cares
Employee (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON23 September 2019
I love CAA Niagara. There have been a lot of changes in the last little while and management care enough to always give support and listen. they promote work life balance. Change can be hard for people that have been doing things the same for long time but I have worked in other companies that give a lot of lip service and never once took care of employees the way CAA does. A lot of social activities, picnic, bbq, events, always lots going on. you get out what you put in and This is a place I plan to stay.
Excellent place to work
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Thorold, Ontario22 August 2019
I have nothing derogatory to say about my years at CAA.

It is a fine place to work, always chances for advancement, a fairly flexible schedule, although I worked a steady night shift.
Thought it was my dream job
Travel (Former Employee) –  Niagara14 August 2019
I went into this job with a sense of honour really. I loved the industry and was hoping to grow and learn as much as possible. The company had other plans. A certain few higher ups are out of their league and like to muscle there way into respect instead of earning it. I never made waves and didn't deserve what happened.
Pros
OK hours, perks
Cons
Low pay, horrible management
Sloppy
ERS (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON12 August 2019
What an absolute mess this company is. No organization new manager made so many ridiculously atrocious changes, that he’s on here trying to save his mistakes. The board members need to do themselves a favour before they lose all these members to Canadian tire roadside assistance... yea the member count shows up but how many free memberships does this company hand out? The pay is just a slap in the face. In one year we have witnessed the fall of what was once a great company.
Great Place to Work
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON7 August 2019
The negative comments on here are disheartening. I love my job, it’s not perfect by any means, but it is the best job I have had by a long shot.

CAA Niagara is always striving to try and accommodate their employees. With change comes trial and error, much like any other business. We have the most amazing members, and it truly is a pleasure serving them every day.
A company with carefully selected "yes men/woman"
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON13 June 2019
The employees are not afraid of the changes its the empty promises we are all tired of. Always saying management, leadership roles and movements upwards in the company are reachable but they are only available to those who don't have an opinion or keep their true thoughts to themselves. You can go really far in CAA if you and the CEO and upper management are friends or previous co-workers. No matter how hard you work, extra hours, constantly going over the top for members and really showcasing your abilities you will never be recognized for these efforts. CAA used to be a great place to work, family oriented and employee focused but in the last 2 years the morale has dropped completely. The only thing that gets most of us through the day is knowing we are helping our members. Not because we know we can go home with a decent pay check to take care of our families because the pay here is a joke. The cost of living keeps soaring and the pay here never changes. Instead cut backs in incentives for all departments which management insists is for the best. We used to be about helping the community and employees felt important like they were making a difference. Now the CEO is more concerned about photo shoots, saving money and increasing our membership numbers. Reality check is more members does not mean a better company. More members means more money in CAA's pocket.
Pros
Members
Cons
Management, pay, incentives, promotions
Great Place to Work, Amazing Culture
Support (Current Employee) –  Thorold12 June 2019
Great place to work. Family culture is still going strong, despite what a few reviews below have stated. Company is growing, and with growth comes necessary change. Some employees are stuck in the past, and need help processing the positive change and future ahead.

CEO works tirelessly to ensure all employees are welcomed, supported, encouraged and recognized.

Amazing company to work for. Genuinely cares about it's employees. Constantly improving communication, listening to employee feedback, and progressing forward.

You'd be lucky enough to work at a company like CAA Niagara. Unfortunately, negative people (as with every organization) exist and are very reluctant to change but change is constant and necessary, and I'm confident the future is bright for CAA Niagara.

Would recommend as a place to work to anyone.
Pros
work life balance, culture, close-knit relationships
CEO and his carefully selected management team destroying company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 June 2019
I agree with previous comments, the CEO is systematically destroying a one time good company. He is moving people he has known in the past, from other companies, into management positions.
These people have minimal management experience and walk around like they are untouchable. Current good, hard working employees have nowhere to go when they are targeted to be fired, making way for other people who are in favour with the CEO.
The new management position is "if you don't like it here, there's the door". Imagine being told this after giving over 20 years of dedicated service because you have a difference of opinion or want to make some constructive input.
They are a perfect example of how NOT to run a company and how to not to treat employees.
To compound the issues, the CEO is apparently placing like minded people, who are dedicated to him, onto the CAA Board, so if someone is treated inappropriately they have absolutely nowhere to go to rectify a workplace issue. As it stands now, an employee can be bullied and must do absolutely everything a manager tells them to do or be fired for no reason.
Pros
steady employment, if in favour with CEO
Cons
a poisonous workplace atmosphere
Still love my job just not the politics
Ers (Current Employee) –  Thorold2 June 2019
New management trying to prove themselfs at the cost of employees. No job security and have been cheated out of pay without any options just because new management had an idea but didnt ask the workers only managment ,pretty sure they got to negotiate there pay, long time employees never had an option just change change change .i wish they would work at fixing one thing at a time in the company with solid answers to problems instead of trial and error. Hard to be open to change when its not for the better. Huge disconnect no team feeling
Pros
Love servings members and appreciate there gratitude
Great Place to work if you like a challenge
Employee (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON28 May 2019
The company is looking towards the future and making changes long overdue. The hardest part and the best part is the changes that have come. new policies and new people are meant to improve everyone's job, but it will take time.

There are still some negative people but it is because it holds them accountable to do their job.

All in all, people treat you with respect and its a good place to go to work every day. good pay and good benefits
Pros
Good pay - good benefits - good people
Cons
the negative people -if you don't like change it could be hard.
Quantity over quality.
ERS (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON9 April 2019
This place will run you dry. Management has made so many cutbacks on overtime and use of contractors that the people who make CAA (drivers), suffer. Long hours no breaks call after call. Wait times are going up and the members are the ones to suffer. Employee moral is down the toilet. The pay is peanuts for the amount of work put in. Management and HR just play games making changes to bonuses and pay, that do nobody any good but they try to make it like it's better than before. In the last year this place has gone far downhill.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, long hours, management.
Was a good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 March 2019
The President and Board are destroying a once great organization. Most long term deadicated employees are being terminated and replaced by friends of the President.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Almost everything
Sneaky
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON28 January 2019
They start off assuring you that no one gets fired. That if they do theres a 3 strike policy so that you are aware of what is to come. They say they have an open door policy so that if any bullying occurs they dont tolerate that.

There are a set of staff members at one of the locations that doesnt like new people. Horribly unprofessional and very gossipy.

A total of 4 people were walked out prior to completing their 3month probation. Stating that we arent the right fit. But completely blind sided. They used the new staff to get through their busy months and got rid of them days before their probation ended.

It starts off as a dream job. But they becoming deceiving and sneaky quite quick.

There is no team it's simply everyone out for themselves.

It is very sad because there are some good people there. They get taken advantage of and not paid what they deserve. A lot of staying after hours without pay to complete tasks.
Benefits
Cons
Deceiving, not honest
Dont care.
Road service call taker (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON29 September 2018
They dont care about the employees management and HR walk around and talk like theu arw best thi lng going. No communication. And lied to all the time.
Pros
Non
Cons
Working for CAA
Excellent office atmosphere friendly and cooperative
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON25 July 2017
A typical day at work involved booking flights, hotels, tours, vacation packages for clients and maintaining their file and correspondence. I learned to research for better deals for my clients, listen to their needs and wants and book vacations that exceeded their expectations with attention to little details. My manager was Ron Vietgan and he was an excellent boss very considerate and helpful. The workplace culture was good. I worked with one agent in particular that was very knowledgeable named Sarah Petrie and she trained me under her wing. The hardest part of the job was needing to be perfect because any little typo could have disasterous affects. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting feedback from clients about how they enjoyed their vacation and receiving little perks from the agency.
Pros
travel conferences informative
Cons
need to be perfect always stressful
Productive, Interesting and Overall a Great Place
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 November 2015
Working here was one of the most challenging and rewarding places to work. The co-workers are fantastic as well as the management team. Being a travel agent gave me great skills in time management while working in a very faced paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction on creating dream vacations for my clients while ensuring customer satisfaction each and every time!!
Pros
Amazing co-workers