CAA Club Group Employee Reviews in Thornhill, ON

Awful- don't work here.
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON27 April 2019
This place has been so bad for my mental health - they micro manage and have a policy of keeping their employees in continuous stress. They have a self review process every month and constantly raise their targets such that they are always harder to reach. Management does not care at all about the quality of life of their employees - you have to beg to get a day off.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
High stress
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 April 2019
After reading over half of the reviews, I have to agree that the management of this company is the problem. Some managers lack managerial skills and are inexperience and don't even know how to treat the employees with respect. I observed managers degrading, berating, yelling and threatening employees, causing mental stress and anxiety on the employees.

The reviews are quite accurate. There is always a managers who is horrible and disrespectful in every department; from customer service, HR, sales, marketing, finance, IT.

Some managers want to be leaders but don't even know how to lead, they get promoted because they suck up to senior management even though they have absolutely no experience. Some work a few hours a day and spend most of the time on their cell phone on non work related things.

There is an alarming employee turnover at this company and it is all due management. The culture at this company is back stabbing, gossiping, and bad mouthing. There is no job security, no promotion, no work life balance and the salary and benefits are not up to par with industry standards.
Pros
Paid OT
Cons
Management is giving this company a bad reputation.
Horrible company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON2 April 2019
High turnover, work like a slave, pay is below the industry standard, outdated system from 90's, people requesting short and long term leave and micromanaging environments.

You'll have a hard time requesting vacation day. Can't take more than 1 week off. You must request your vacation dates 6 months to 1 year in advance.

Customer are rude and tend to have an attitude problem with rep. Everyone just trying to feed their family.

Supervisor will write a bad performance review and use it against the rep to prevent them from getting their bonus. No real people skill.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible training and mismanaging company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON30 March 2019
High turnover as you see more and more people resigning due to outdated system, horrible management, training and low morale.

No work life balance as you'll be expected to work 45+ per week

Staff requesting short and long term leave due to overworked pressure from management

Company is only focused on the bottom line
Benefits
Cons
Stress
Review summary of CAA
Intermediate QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 March 2019
Big and stable company, friendly work environment, a lot of experience, work from home option Great place to start careerGreat training Great manager.You have the option of working from home.
Don't Apply for Inbound or Outbound Advisor role!
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON9 March 2019
Not a place I would recommended for new hires. You'll see a lot of turnover and negative comment from the trainer. The company doesn't invest in training or development of its employees

Work from home option is great especially in winter time because you don't have to drive to work everyday. However, it will take a toll on your mental health

My supervisor lack the ability to manage, train or developed new employee. She created a sink or swim environment which make's it difficult for new employee to success in her system.

Low base and comission. Your better off working for another employer. Save yourself the trouble and apply to another company as you won't gain compensation or experience.
Pros
Work for Home
Cons
Nasty supervisor
Terrible Culture & Training
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 March 2019
Not many good reviews. For starters, you'll be forced to work overtime which will cause you to lose sleep and your mental health.

High turnover as more and more people are either resigning or being terminated. You'll see the same job posting over and over again. It's not growing but rather replacing those who were let go from CAA.

Company doesn't see their employees more than just a number that can be easily replaced within a blink of an eye.
Benefits
Cons
Mental Health
Terrible culture and unethical stay away!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 March 2019
A very unprofessional and non corporate environment. Lack of structure and leadership. Management need to change as they are all connected. Poor training and culture is very poor like high school. Not worth it too many cons vs pros.
Pros
Free CAA and coffee
Cons
Unprofessional and poor leadership and structure
Unprofessional leadership, poor culture and unethical!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON25 February 2019
I did not apply but I got called from this company via indeed and went through the whole interview process based on my experience and background thought I would give it a try, as I started my FIRST DAY, my manager was very rude and moody? My colleagues were not ready and willing to accept external candidates and never made me feel welcomed in training or guiding me for any questions I was asking as I only had limited resources to learn protocols and guidelines to understand what I was dealing with and the expectations. Instead I was shadowing someone in my department who was miserable and negative the first week I was there? And not really helping me to fully understand the role and just exposing me the opposite. I expressed my concerns the first week to my supervisor on 2 occasions but he did nothing and seemed uninterested to guide to a better direction. Next day I sat with her again?! and got worst by the day, she would gossip to other employees and then it became like high school as I was a new kid being looked down and the culture was very poor and not a corporate type environment. This time I went to HR to provide multiple examples of my concerns and she took notes and did not show any direction as she did not follow up with me after for anything? My manager had no clue of my job and to be honest lacked the leadership skills and only got feedback from this negative lady I was sitting with? This company lacks culture, structure and qualified people and is very unethical from managers to HR. STAY AWAY! as I see why they get away with alot as they have no AUDIT and the philosophy  more... is typical here, "it's not what you know its who you know!"...regardless what you bring to the table. I only stayed for 6 weeks and left. Hope the high levels will review and make a change based on trends from other reviews related.  less
Pros
Free CAA membership and tea
Cons
Poor culture, unprofessional and leadership are unqualified
Seek better opportunities
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 February 2019
Work from Home
Average payout for commission and bonuses
Benefits, RRSP
Free Membership

Controlling management as they will find ways to prevent you from completing the task
CAA is always understaffed so be prepared to work a lot of O/T
No work life balance as the job will be your life (you'll be expected to work 50+ hours per week)
Horrible training as trainer suggested people won't graduate from the class. Trainers tend to gossip more about rappers and entertainers than train a class to do the job.
Base pay is below average pay as it isn't enough to feed your family
High turnover as more and more people are resigning from the organization due to high level of stress, overworked and little appreciation for work inputted to the company.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Mental Health
Terrible
Member Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON6 November 2018
A typical day at work would be taking back to back calls with 5 seconds in between. When you need help don't count on any supervisors or team advisors to help you unless you want to willingly lower your compliance scores which will only ever count AGAINST you. There are a lot of measures which you are expected to hit that do not coincide. Not to mention that they monitor and record your screen. This really forces you not to care about the customer and just move on to the next call unless you are ready to risk your mental well being to get to the bottom of a battery problem (which you will have daily). Have fun hearing "I waited on hold for over 2 hours to talk to you" in the winter while you are getting yelled at while the company is understaffed. Management is fake and so is their company culture. Management in Member Support are lazy and don't give an effort for their employees well being. No communication is made on behalf of supervisors when you work at home and you really are alone all day. I have went weeks without talking to my supervisor. Be prepared for this to have a direct impact on your professional developement. You will also be working 12-8pm and vacation time is very difficult to get off. There are no exceptions on top of working weekends more than once a month. The scheduling department is very entitled and the supervisors don't stand up for their employees to fight for your time. You will also be asked repeatedly to take over time. The short of the long is, save yourself the stress of this job and don't bother working for CAA call centres.
Pros
No commuting
Cons
Everything else, especially hours
Excellent work place
Supervisor, Banking Operations (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON27 August 2018
Job Culture is great. People are nice. Good work environment. Hard work is rewarded and appreciated. Awarded 7 times as the best company to work for in Ontario.
work life balance
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 June 2018
CAA promotes work and home and balance between work and life. Appreciate your work and place the customer first, and try to resolve issues and concerns that our customer have.
Pros
Work from Home
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work nice co workers and a good work environment but not much run for advancement. Nice work environment. Many training opportunities.
A good collaborative environment
SAP Project - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 February 2018
Medium to fast pace work environment, but not excessive or unreasonable.

Very approachable management.

Provides long term job security for their employees.
Pros
Managers appreciate the staff and let them know it
Caa
Member Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON18 January 2018
Great company to grow from, amazing experience as well, with the working from home aspect. Gives you alot of freedom as well a chance to develop and understand yourself in the best way.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Great place to learn new technology
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON11 January 2018
New technologies are the norm here, so it's a great place to learn. It is a friendly atmosphere and the management is extremely friendly and supportive.
Great work-life balance. Good HR team. Wellness program, Applause Program
Senior Graphics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 December 2017
Overall CAA is a good employer. I work fairly independently and am trusted to manage my workload with minimal supervision. I design marketing materials for the Travel line of business within CAA. We work on MAC platforms. Management teams are very supportive. The workplace culture for my immediate team is great but have heard some complaints from other teams. The hardest part of the job is being creative within the confines of the CAA Brand. Can be limiting. However the most enjoyable part of the job is challenging myself creatively. Being given the time to develop concepts, attend conferences and add to my skill set is a great bonus.
Interesting Experience
BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 November 2017
Most of the Managers are first-time Managers even Directors.
People learn from mistakes and that is what is called Experience.
As long as heart is at the right place.
productivity
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON2 November 2017
Provide customer service from the comfort of your home.
Know the clients' products inside and out.
Make people happy by resolving their concerns.
Complete all training, ensure that you're adhering to the quality standards of the client.
Work as many hours a week you'd like or as little as 15 intervals per week.
Have a lot of fun!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9