CAA Club Group

CAA Club Group Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews

Worst cocky rich management, it's just like in the movies.

Extremely demanding job, extremely robotic job, no education will ever me required as anyone can do their simple

CAA is a very good place to work. However, the work life balance is difficult. Great team and management really does want you to succeed. It is tough to move up or through the company.

Insights into CAA Club Group

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and fun work environment

I have worked for CAA SCO for 8 years in a number of different roles which include retail, travel insurance and now the home and auto insurance side of the business. Has it always been roses & rainbows? No. But after 8 yrs I can tell you it’s 1 of the best companies I have ever worked for. Good money. Great benefits & company pension. Management has been great in my own personal experience. I’ve been blessed some amazing mentors & management in my different roles but I have witnessed and heard of people having different experiences and I think that’s normal in any work place. Overall in my experience it’s been a great place to work and grow over the last 8 years.

Pros

Training available. Good compensation. Good work culture. Great management.

Cons

HR needs improvement

Awful

Fine if you work for the right person. Most are lyers. Employees told if you don't like extra work for less money go someplace else! So much gossip and throw employees under the bus to save themselves. CEO is a LYER!!!

No work guarantee

No work guaranteeNo work guarantee through agency and month to month renewal Managers are great, pay is 20hourCompany lied to the agency maybe agency knew. But pretty much it was a 6 month contract with extension if you did great that was a lie. They eventually stopped all out contracts one week after another so I lasted 2 weeks after my initial contract end date

Career advancement, excellent training opportunities

The company offers numerous opportunities to move and advance your career. In addition there are many training and class available in house to upgrade your skills.

Too many inexperienced people in management, high turn over, high rate of loa’s

Hard work is only rewarded with more work for less pay and more stress. Promotions for less pay are disguised as jr positions when sr positions don’t exist. Most of middle management are inexperienced with poor attitudes and haven’t been properly trained to deal with staff. Zero accountability and if you screw over a whole department well enough you get promoted. Do bad and get good I guess

CAA has an amazing, nurturing culture. The people and Leaders are supportive, caring and flexible!

Great place to build a career as they invest in their people with Training programs, benefits and amazing culture. There are many growth, progression and development opportunities and the CEO has made every effort to provide safety and stability to employees.

Pros

work culture Focus on safety and well being Amazing benefits

Cons

n/a

Not a great place to work

If you are the type that sucks up to management you will move up the ladder but if not they will cap you, you will spend years and see no progress. The CEO and executives are fantastic, its the leadership under them that is questionable.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Horrible Management

Only promote within......

This company would only promote from within if you are friendly with HR and other Executives. Hardworking individuals will not be appreciated and this company pretends they care about your mental health when it is the opposite. Management expect you to be work beyond 9-5 and answer emails on the weekends. There is a lot of passing the buck type of attitude here. I strongly recommend not working for this company.

Pros

On-site cafeteria

Vampire Company

My Mental Health suffered tremendously working for CAA, and especially so through COVID. Our department had to pick up every other department's slack while others were sitting pretty at home twiddling their thumbs because their office job is now in their home office. Our Supervisors didn't care for any of our mental health while we were on the phones for 8 hours at a time. For example, we were told that we couldn't take part in the company wide 10 minute "meditation" sessions that were offered to all other employees to attend once a day, and they were available 3 times a day through zoom because we were "too busy." From the moment I was hired my Supervisor was not a very supportive individual, very standoff personality and I did not receive any support whatsoever from my supervisor during my Mental Health Leave of Absence that I ended up taking from all the mental abuse. Eventually I realized that this Company didn't care about me as a person and I am better off handing in my resignation and parting ways then trying to return to work from a LOA. So.... If you're thinking about applying for a member support/ customer service position I would RUN, they now answer ERS and sales (without the commission) calls too and it's not worth the mental stress.

Pros

Work From Home if you're into that

Cons

Horrible Leadership

This job is self contracting job no benefit no guaranty income

This job payed per call if you dont get call you dont make money in the summer it's very slow no call it's only in the winter busy its out side job road service

Continuous training on site and through Skype. Supervisors are helpful and understanding. Learned identifying cx locations for roadside assistance using various tools available to the agent. Fellow agents were helpful Fe

Negative workplace and culture. weak managers

No work/life balance. Fear-mongering culture full of micromanagers. Employees are over-worked and it is a high-stress environment. High turnover rates. Not sure how this company is ranked as a top employer.

Falling apart

What was once a great company is now or has gone to the dogs. - Empty promises on advancement. - Narsasist leadership - employee benefits aren't good

Demanding Yet Rewarding

I was successfully hired by CAA and it is now 7 months into my new role. It is demanding yet extremely rewarding. The managers are very supportive!!

Pros

Caring managers. CEO has good vision for where he is taking the company.

Cons

Little room for mistakes, but managers are understanding and they do coach.

Amazing workplace

The insurance department is absolutely amazing to be a part of as an employee. Hitting a year now at the company; there is so much room for growth and initiatives. The department feels like a second family that motivates you to do the best you can do. There is a lot of work life balance where I can keep work at work and dont need to bring it home with me. I would recommend everyone to apply. company

Great Leadership and Work-Life Balance

CAA Insurance is a great place to start if you are new to Insurance. They provide extensive hands on training on the phone and off the phone but also help you get your insurance license if you don't have it already. The management in Sales also have monthly training to help maintain your targets and help you if you feel you are struggling. Overall, they also have really great work life balance atmosphere. They make sure you aren't overworked and really care about you and your well being.

CAA insurance is a great place to work. There has been lots of great opportunity to grow and develop. The leadership is extremely supportive and encouraging. They also offer work from home full time. Allowing me to be flexible with my schedule.

Pros

Work from home capability

Growth is difficult

CAA on the whole is a good company, however the travel call centre is lacking with growth, salary and management. They are more concerned about the sale not the clients needs. The call centre also receives about 85% of insurance and car rentals calls and about 15% of actually travel calls. For the amount of work we have to do it does not reflect what we should be paid. If you do receive a raise it is usually 2-2.5%

Bad place to work

They take you time and your energy but they’re paid under 10 dollars per hour if you count your time also there’s no any benefit your lifestyle always in risk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement