CAA Club Group

CAA Club Group Employee Reviews

This job payed per call if you dont get call you dont make money in the summer it's very slow no call it's only in the winter busy its out side job road service
My Mental Health suffered tremendously working for CAA, and especially so through COVID. Our department had to pick up every other department's slack while others were sitting pretty at home twiddling their thumbs because their office job is now in their home office. Our Supervisors didn't care for any of our mental health while we were on the phones for 8 hours at a time. For example, we were told that we couldn't take part in the company wide 10 minute "meditation" sessions that were offered to all other employees to attend once a day, and they were available 3 times a day through zoom because we were "too busy." From the moment I was hired my Supervisor was not a very supportive individual, very standoff personality and I did not receive any support whatsoever from my supervisor during my Mental Health Leave of Absence that I ended up taking from all the mental abuse. Eventually I realized that this Company didn't care about me as a person and I am better off handing in my resignation and parting ways then trying to return to work from a LOA. So.... If you're thinking about applying for a member support/ customer service position I would RUN, they now answer ERS and sales (without the commission) calls too and it's not worth the mental stress.
Pros
Work From Home if you're into that
Cons
Horrible Leadership
Continuous training on site and through Skype. Supervisors are helpful and understanding. Learned identifying cx locations for roadside assistance using various tools available to the agent. Fellow agents were helpful Fe
No work/life balance. Fear-mongering culture full of micromanagers. Employees are over-worked and it is a high-stress environment. High turnover rates. Not sure how this company is ranked as a top employer.
What was once a great company is now or has gone to the dogs. - Empty promises on advancement. - Narsasist leadership - employee benefits aren't good
I was successfully hired by CAA and it is now 7 months into my new role. It is demanding yet extremely rewarding. The managers are very supportive!!
Pros
Caring managers. CEO has good vision for where he is taking the company.
Cons
Little room for mistakes, but managers are understanding and they do coach.
The insurance department is absolutely amazing to be a part of as an employee. Hitting a year now at the company; there is so much room for growth and initiatives. The department feels like a second family that motivates you to do the best you can do. There is a lot of work life balance where I can keep work at work and dont need to bring it home with me. I would recommend everyone to apply. company
CAA Insurance is a great place to start if you are new to Insurance. They provide extensive hands on training on the phone and off the phone but also help you get your insurance license if you don't have it already. The management in Sales also have monthly training to help maintain your targets and help you if you feel you are struggling. Overall, they also have really great work life balance atmosphere. They make sure you aren't overworked and really care about you and your well being.
CAA insurance is a great place to work. There has been lots of great opportunity to grow and develop. The leadership is extremely supportive and encouraging. They also offer work from home full time. Allowing me to be flexible with my schedule.
Pros
Work from home capability
CAA on the whole is a good company, however the travel call centre is lacking with growth, salary and management. They are more concerned about the sale not the clients needs. The call centre also receives about 85% of insurance and car rentals calls and about 15% of actually travel calls. For the amount of work we have to do it does not reflect what we should be paid. If you do receive a raise it is usually 2-2.5%
They take you time and your energy but they’re paid under 10 dollars per hour if you count your time also there’s no any benefit your lifestyle always in risk
Very nice place to work and people are very friendly.The most Challenging part of the job is to determine faults as per the statements of Insured but we need to show empathy and comprehension
CAA is an amazing place work for. It is an organization that provides opportunities for growth and empowers you to make decisions. I highly recommend CAA to anyone
I wouldn’t recommend working there. The manager I had, was a joke. No management skills, was a driver then became manager, and you can tell. There’s a lot of gossiping and favouritism. (The night dispatch, Will give you all the work, Well their buddies sit around at the shop and home)
productive place to work with convenient location in the greater toronto area. Interesting projects and technology stack to learn and work with. Should look to hire more new grads.
Typical office work place. Nothing to report as exciting and also nothing to report as poor. CAA does take it's role in the Canadian insurance business vertical seriously.
Avoid this company as they will use and abuse you. The only time people get promoted is when they are upper management’s favourite. The company makes it look like they care about your health (mental and physical) but they really don’t care at all. Apply with caution.
The culture of this company is to lead by fear and micromanagement. The new managers and directors, most of them are young, inexperienced and very condescending and demeaning. They look down, berate and humiliate employees in front of their colleagues. The new managers and directors overwhelmed the low level employees with their responsibilities and take credit for the success and blame the employees for any failure. I observed managers degrading, berating, yelling and threatening employees, causing mental stress and anxiety on the employees. The employees are always in fear of losing their job and this mental stress has forced some employees to go on stress leave. No one is willing to support or train new employees, it's a sink or swim culture and they terminate employees instead of training them. HR department does not know how to train and retain employees, instead they terminate them. They are always hiring and firing. There is a huge employee turnover at this company and it is all due to bad management. Some managers lack the managerial skills to manage and treat people with respect. Managers are always back stabbing, gossiping, and bad mouthing one another and this kind of treatment trickle down to the employees. The hiring process for promotion is unfair and unjust, some managers get promoted to Director by sucking up with the senior management. There is no job security, no promotion, no work life balance for low level employees, and the salary and benefits are not up to par with industry standards. The CEO should come out of his cozy corner office once - more...
They stopped doing Employee satisfaction surveys because the numbers weren't as high as they liked and it could negatively affect rewards and future partnerships. If you don't know what is or isn't working for your employees, you can't fix it. But CAA doesn't have any intentions of fixing anything. 360 reviews are not done so management gets away with doing whatever they want without recourse.
Great place to work. Really enjoy the working environment there. Great team. Very supportive. Nice working culture. Nice building. Good pay and benefits.
Worked from home for 2 years. It started out well until they designated a separate manager for the work from home team. New management treats agents like dirt. plays favorites and agents against each other and bullies and are on a power trip. If you end up in the hospital you are fired. Not a stable source of income.
Pros
work from home
Cons
horrible management for work from home, no sick days allowed, vacation hard to get, no work/personal life balance
  1. Employee reviews