CAA Club Group
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

CAA Club Group: 265 Employee Reviews

Canada265 reviews

Some pros and cons working there.

Everything was great until covid hit. Since it was travel based, business went downhill. Great office to work in and very family oriented. Was very sad when we had to close. Many years of great memories.

Pros

Free trips.

Cons

We were promised to be never layed off but it happened.

Concerning developments over the last couple years

This company has changed a lot over the years. I wouldn’t feel comfortable recommending CAA as a place to work to anyone I cared about. They do not value their employees. Questionable actions for employees returning from Mat leave, or sick leave. They have skirted the line of employment standards and no longer offer competitive pay to anyone in Manitoba.

Insights into CAA Club Group

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Low Pay Less Opportunity

7 days / week availability makes work life balance difficult.Mediocre salary, once you find out how much your direct reports and others get paid.No room for advancement despite stellar performances, leading side projects and positive influence. They would rather take chances on hiring externally (and fail a few times) than developing from within.

I love it

This place is amazing to work at. Everyone is always helpful from the coworkers to the managers. Everyone is trying their best to help each other out.

Not good

Not good place to work. Goals are unrealistic and no can achieve it. They must change the way the goals are set. I found it very disturbing and wont recommend this employer to anyone

It's okay short term

I don't know how people last so long in that position. Getting yelled at from customers, barely support from coworkers/supervisors, and major lack of communication when starting the job (information on training dates, wasn't put on the hours I was hired for for 4 months, vacation booking delayed for over a month).Working from home was great. They supply the equipment, good benefits, paid well for entry level.

Work from home- but it’s a call centre

Great training. CAA is an excellent company providing superior services. There are several teams of sales advisors. Management is very good. Even working from home you are supported. Overtime was mandatory. Great position for anyone who likes very structured days i.e. scheduled breaks, timed calls etc. and anyone who enjoys working from home.

It is an excellent place to work if you like helping people.

Excellent benefits and fun workplace. Should be physically fit and able to work outside in all conditions. Great bonuses as well and team environment.

Great company

Like any organization it could certainly improve a few things but they are minor this is a really great place to work and my manager is super supportive and encouraging

Amazing place

What a relaxed and easy place to work. Couldn’t find a better place to work in all of the Niagara region. Good pay and friendly staff. Equipment kinda sketchy.

Productive and fun place to work.

Work life balance is great seeing that you can work from home. Management was great. Co-workers were very friendly and extremely helpful. I enjoy the time I spent working at CAA

Good job if you have thick skin

I dealt with lots of stressed out people, which is understandable if they need a tow truck, but I did not get paid enough to deal with the verbal abuse from members who didn't bother to keep their membership up to date or read the terms of their membership before getting it.Also, 12-hour shifts were nice at first because I got more days off but it wore me down over time.Manager was very patient and understanding during training. She consistently reminded me that it's a lot to learn for a new job and she didn't expect me to know everything on day one.

Good place to start

good company to start insurance with, managers tend to micromanage but flexible with work from home, good benefits and vacation/flex days, salary could be better they expect a lot from you with little extra incentive.

No life

Very long hours given at first using vans that are not fixed and need constant repairs. Pay is average with no over time pay given as a sub contract driver. It gets better in winter but is not suitable for people with families and high expenses

Pros

Independent

Cons

Bad vehicles, pay structure

Good place

Good place to work. good benefits. good people. nice enviroment.vacation allowance was terrible.pay was decent.flexibility to work from homegreat training

Pros

training, pay

Cons

vacation time

ok

no idea what they were talking about, the job is ok but the pay is too bad. I just do not like to work over there over and over again. this is a lousy company over go there again

Can be highly stressful - but not certain if it’s more stressful then other spots.

Call centre is an extremely stressful environment where you are timed down to the second - this isn’t for everyone. I think management can lose sight of people working in the trench’s, and this makes for staff who feel invisible. Overall - I don’t think it’s a bad place, but like most companies the emphasis is not placed on the regular staff.

Manager is a narcissist

Love bombing to start. 3 days training and you are expected to know everything from the manual. No one on one. Senior staff are competitive, catty and give wrong information to the new staff. Manager always believes the worse in everyone and if you disappoint her 1 time you see the narcissist come out and nothing you do or say will change that.

Pros

Discount on membership

Cons

No point in trying to do a good job because no one would notice

Underpaid

Definitely under paid for the job you doing, CAA sco making huge profit by driver especially battery but they wont let you know.Driver need to pay gas their own. Now the cost of fuel doubled compare to 2 years ago but they pay driver same in same. Sometimes doing job is now not earing money even losing money. Considering leave the job after years of serve in caasco. Have to work extra hours to survive (caasco driver have no ot pay adjust)About members:Most members is great, some member is rude and just being cheap. They will complaint driver and dispatcher because they want free service or even more. Caa care about their customer's experience, but overcare to member's non sense complaints only result good driver leave the job. Many driver being negative because complaint and want to avoid any possible damage.About future:This job used to make really good earing for work hard person who but it is no longer a good earning any more. Caa want shorter eta to member so they increase facilities. Salary is not competeable to other driver or mechanics job. And you really don't know what's your income next year that's the reason why so many drivers left and back again.About training:The training caa provide is almost noting to the job, member always expect driver know everything but it is impossible. Have to learn something new every year. Once you know how to do the job it is pretty easy.

Productive and fast pace

Great place to work and learn about hands on stuff like plumbing, electrical and small handy man jobs, as well as cleaning and what not. Always an event or tournament going on, makes for a fast pace environment and makes the shift time pass quickly !!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lots of weekend events / tournaments

Ok place to work

There is a steady work flow, with average benefits and below average salary. Very corporate atmosphere and not much room for advancement within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAA Club Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement