CPA Ontario Employee Reviews

Out of touch company with contempt for its own staff
Firms Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
Salaries are far below average for the industry, and applications for raises are met with gaslighting and put-downs from HR.

Performance reviews are a joke, the formula for scoring change every year and are disregarded by individual managers, making one wonder what one's review is in fact based on.

Working here for any length of time leaves a metaphorical bad taste in one's mouth. Turnover is understandably high, and morale is low.
Pros
Decent location
Cons
Low salary, preference for temps and external consultants over developing staff.
Great environment and team building
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
I enjoyed my time very much and was learned new skills that will help me advance my career. I was rewarded for my hard work by getting promoted to the Quality Assurance role which provided new opportunities for me.
Great employees. Bad management. High turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Great co-workers. But in certain departments staff are unhappy and mistrustful and fearfull of Senior Managment and HR. I was lucky to never be in the line of fire but it was harsh for those who were. Many of us who tried to improve conditions really couldn’t make traction and left by choice. Sad. Hope it gets better for former colleagues.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Bad leadership. Way too much politics.
Income Tax Clinic Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 June 2015
Everyone in the work place are very friendly. As a new income tax volunteer, I got a lot of assistance from my co-workers. They are wonderful people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPA Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8