CPA Ontario

CPA Ontario Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
- Good variety of experiences working in a multi-level organization
- good work live balance

- excellent location if you are living in downtown Toronto
Pros
Great location
Cons
Hard to move from temporary to permanent employment
The proctoring jobs are sporadic and there's no guarantee of employment dates; when working the instructions are clear and the staff and employers are efficient.
Pros
meals are provided
Cons
jobs are infrequent
Coworkers are great. Lots of collaboration going on. Work allocation is not equal. Some persons have way too much to do and others seem to have lots more free time.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of recognition
I don't agree to do this type of survey in order to apply for a job. I feel you should remove these and not make them mandatory. Soliciting feedback on previous employers is something I will do verbally
Managers range from engaged to not interested- basically putting in time until they retire ( and very open about it ) . Other staff are responsible for training you so that can vary to the quality of training. If you are trained by someone like I was that spent more time on their phone looking for another job meh not so great .Tons of contract staff which probably explains the lack of engagement. They string you along with we may hire - then put you on a month to month contract . If you can find a decent full time job for the same money take it before you work for CPA.
Nice place to work. I enjoined the time I worked there. I learned a lot about SalesForce. I learned how to upload data to SalesForce. And I regret that my contract got to the end
*Very supportive and friendly environment to work.
*Believe in giving back to the community.

*Management tools are well defined very safe and regulated company.
The people where lovely and the office layout was really good for mental wellbeing and concentration levels whilst working. They look after their staff weather temp or perm.
I read so many bad reviews before taking on the job that I was slightly afraid of what I might be in for. I experience some issues with not being included and lack of communication but all in all the experience was pretty positive. People were nice, even though it wasn't easy to penetrate the existing circles initially. My only real issue was that it was very difficult to find anyone to eat lunch with because everyone either preferred to eat alone at their desk or did not want to include newcomers to their existing lunch groups.
Salaries are far below average for the industry, and applications for raises are met with gaslighting and put-downs from HR.

Performance reviews are a joke, the formula for scoring change every year and are disregarded by individual managers, making one wonder what one's review is in fact based on.

Working here for any length of time leaves a metaphorical bad taste in one's mouth. Turnover is understandably high, and morale is low.
Pros
Decent location
Cons
Low salary, preference for temps and external consultants over developing staff.
I enjoyed my time very much and was learned new skills that will help me advance my career. I was rewarded for my hard work by getting promoted to the Quality Assurance role which provided new opportunities for me.
Great co-workers. But in certain departments staff are unhappy and mistrustful and fearfull of Senior Managment and HR. I was lucky to never be in the line of fire but it was harsh for those who were. Many of us who tried to improve conditions really couldn’t make traction and left by choice. Sad. Hope it gets better for former colleagues.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Bad leadership. Way too much politics.
It was hard work but it was always fun. The people were amazing - committed to making the profession the very best it could be.

The atmosphere was one of working together toward a singular goal and although we may not always have agreed, we always had each others back.

We were empowered to make decisions and given creative latitude.

There were always politics, always people who would say "no" but at the end of each day we went home fulfilled and happy.

It was a place to learn and grow and be challenged and have fun ... all the things a workplace should be.
Everyone in the work place are very friendly. As a new income tax volunteer, I got a lot of assistance from my co-workers. They are wonderful people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CPA Ontario. Our community is ready to answer.
CPA Ontario Reviews by Location