CNA Insurance Canada Employee Reviews

Great Company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 July 2019
This is a fantastic company. Great Pension, Benefits and work life balance. This branch is filled with experienced underwriters. The workload is heavy but manageable. Hardest part is the technology is behind.
Great culture, Competitive benefits offering , work life balance
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2019
Joining CNA was a big career change however I feel that the right tools were made available to help me learn and succeed. I ultimately made the move because of the positive change that was taking place, and the reputable senior leadership team that was charged with taking the company to a new level. I have been able to take advantage of the education benefits as well over work/life balance perks such as flexible working arrangements. The pension plan is also very competitive compared to other similar companies I have worked for. The hardest part of the job is not a surprise to anyone in this industry: you need to be driven and work hard to meet aggressive goals. However the enjoyable part is that the culture is fun and the company is supportive along the way.
Pros
Great culture that promotes diversity, learning and development, friendly and supportive management
Nice workplace, hard working and supportive colleagues
Junior underwriter, Risk analysis (Coop) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2019
Friendly and supportive colleagues, fun management. We work hard but have fun too. The team is strong together. Coop students learn a lot and are allowed in all important meetings and training. There were high expectations but we work to fulfill our duties and do our tasks.
Good company to work for
Human Resources & Payroll (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
Good company to work for but the workload is quite high. But they do offer work from home flexibility options. That is a pretty big deal for a company that is quite traditional.
Diversity is the worst
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
I was a customer service, in the claims area, there was a very bad company, and mangers was not good to deal with.
This lacks diversity and would give any accommodations. I was told to go back to school to get fixed ?

One of the worst places to work!
Pros
Nil
Cons
No diversity
Amazing place to work at after the most recent senior leadership changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
- Great benefits
- Profitable book of business
- Full operations team and support
- Engaging with millenials
- Fair compensation/ bonus structure

- Now able to attract top talent after a few years lacking leadership at senior levels.
- Great CEO, CUO and departmental managers; all supportive of young talent and seasoned professionals.

- If given the opportunity do yourself a favor and be part of the success story that is CNA Canada
Very high turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Not a company for the long term - get some experience and move onto another employer. Some departments have very high turnover rates. Great benefits and pension but not enough to keep anyone with potential there for long.
Dedicated staff who work hard and play hard
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Work load was manageable and employees are dedicated. Flat organization in the Canadian market. Top management is all about the bottom line. Some employees quit their bosses and not their work.
productive
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2016
I worked as a claims assistant helping adjusters with setting up new claims, payments, reserves and also handling claims under close supervision.
Pros
Nice working environment
Deceitful Management but Great Pension & Benefits
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta9 August 2015
This was a very deceitful company to work for and coworkers were only out for themselves and would backstab their mother to get up in the company. But the salary wasn't too bad and the pension is the best in the industry.
Pros
Pension & Independence but only dependent on your position
Cons
Management have no people skills and are only concerned with the bottom line.