CNA Insurance Canada

CNA Insurance Canada Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Was a great company to work for and a great workplace culture. Unfortunately, management changed and it slowly declined. There was less confidence in the people actually doing the work and not getting rewarded for it.
There has been a lot of change in the last 2 years but the company has brought in leaders that care about people and development. It is a fun environment where we work hard but also have good work life balance. Everyone is pushing each other to be better and the company is seeing great growth. Excited about where we are going and what’s in store for the future.
This is a fantastic company. Great Pension, Benefits and work life balance. This branch is filled with experienced underwriters. The workload is heavy but manageable. Hardest part is the technology is behind.
Joining CNA was a big career change however I feel that the right tools were made available to help me learn and succeed. I ultimately made the move because of the positive change that was taking place, and the reputable senior leadership team that was charged with taking the company to a new level. I have been able to take advantage of the education benefits as well over work/life balance perks such as flexible working arrangements. The pension plan is also very competitive compared to other similar companies I have worked for. The hardest part of the job is not a surprise to anyone in this industry: you need to be driven and work hard to meet aggressive goals. However the enjoyable part is that the culture is fun and the company is supportive along the way.
Pros
Great culture that promotes diversity, learning and development, friendly and supportive management
Friendly and supportive colleagues, fun management. We work hard but have fun too. The team is strong together. Coop students learn a lot and are allowed in all important meetings and training. There were high expectations but we work to fulfill our duties and do our tasks.
Good company to work for but the workload is quite high. But they do offer work from home flexibility options. That is a pretty big deal for a company that is quite traditional.
I was a customer service, in the claims area, there was a very bad company, and mangers was not good to deal with.
This lacks diversity and would give any accommodations. I was told to go back to school to get fixed ?

One of the worst places to work!
Pros
Nil
Cons
No diversity
- Great benefits
- Profitable book of business

- Full operations team and support

- Engaging with millenials

- Fair compensation/ bonus structure

- Now able to attract top talent after a few years lacking leadership at senior levels.

- Great CEO, CUO and departmental managers; all supportive of young talent and seasoned professionals.

- If given the opportunity do yourself a favor and be part of the success story that is CNA Canada
Not a company for the long term - get some experience and move onto another employer. Some departments have very high turnover rates. Great benefits and pension but not enough to keep anyone with potential there for long.
Work load was manageable and employees are dedicated. Flat organization in the Canadian market. Top management is all about the bottom line. Some employees quit their bosses and not their work.
I worked as a claims assistant helping adjusters with setting up new claims, payments, reserves and also handling claims under close supervision.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
This was a very deceitful company to work for and coworkers were only out for themselves and would backstab their mother to get up in the company. But the salary wasn't too bad and the pension is the best in the industry.
Pros
Pension & Independence but only dependent on your position
Cons
Management have no people skills and are only concerned with the bottom line.