Consultant (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 3 June 2018
Lots of opportunity to get involved with big enterprise projects. However, you may get lost (forgotten about) among large programs or initiatives. You'll meet lots of people at this company - people who lied to get to where they are today, people who are too smart for their own good, people who are lazy, people who are helpful and people who you want to have on all your projects.
Some people work a few hours a day, some work most of the hours in a day. I think it's luck of the draw.
Could get stuck on bad projects for years, could get stuck with terrible managers, boring, opportunity to get forgotten about
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) – Regina, SK – 19 April 2018
CGI made the decision to close the only CGI service desk in Western Canada and move it closer to head office in Montreal. While we were give notice of this and some assistance to improve resume, no real assistance was given help find work or try to find positions within CGI in Regina. For myself, this has resulted in me searching for work unsuccessfully for 9 months. This decision appears to have been made without looking at the possible impact it would have on current clients of the Regina Service Desk, only at the reduced operating expenses following the move.
Had some learning sources available, local management was good
Poorly managed from the top levels, little cost/benefit analysis when making decisions, paid below average
Project Control Officer (Former Employee) – Toronto, ON – 10 March 2018
This is a good place to start to career especially if you are fresh out from the university/college. Their new grad program is fantastic and it offers many learning and advancement opportunities. Good place!
Senior Consultant for backup and Storage (Current Employee) – Montréal, QC – 8 February 2018
• Maintaining system balance and integrity of multiple TSM server instances & CommVault Backup Applications for multiple clients. Ensuring successful database backups at all times. Verifying that all migrations and backup storage pools are emptied and completed.
• Analyzing and determining whether there is adequate storage space available at all times. Taking corrective measures for new SAN storage space via work orders if deem necessary. Formatting and assigning to their proper policy domains.
• Daily overall checks on volumes, looking for tape degradation. Dealing with any failed backups and taking appropriate action, according to the details specified in AR-Remedy or Chorus or ITSM or Maximo or Infoman by the Helpdesk-ETOC group.
• Other duties including monitoring and troubleshooting of both StorageTek SL8500 libraries and four IBM 3584 libraries using the GUIs and ACSLS and Gresham consoles. Verifying drives and robots for any failures and taking appropriate actions with ORACLE support for hardware replacement.
• Supply CGI’s monthly Volumetric reports for my managers and all concerned parties. These reports give accurate details of any data movement, being backups, restores, and backup copy pools, depending on their SLA’s for both backup applications.
• Creating and maintaining procedures for all actions taken to resolve pertinent issues while respecting company policies and guidelines.
• Do monthly on-call pager duties.
working from Home with my home office environment setup.
The work place is very convenient for people living near the town of Shavinigan. I lived in Montreal and worked in shawinigan. So I had to either rent an apartment and live in shawinigan from Monday to Friday, or ride every day for about 180 km to one side. I tried to do it during the summer season. I found this uncomfortable for me.