CGI Group
Coronavirus update
Information from CGI Group:

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Canada448 reviews
Excellent environment and colleagues to work with and build your career with and always learning new skills. Multiple opportunities for advancement and movement within the company for dedicated and eager members. Lots of opportunities for team and group business unit synergies and get togethers. Great focus on company mission and core values.
Pros
Training, learning, developing your skills
Cons
Company first
They have a lot of projects, but definitely have the worst working environment. There is always micro management. People have been appointed as managers with no domain knowledge. All they do is keep track of your coffee and bathroom breaks. There is no appreciation whatsoever. If you do not speak french, you'll always be treated as an outsider. They hire you for one position and start billing you for multiple projects. There is pressure from multiple projects and they make sure you do not have even 1 hour of peace in the whole day.
Great Company to work for, fast paced environment with supportive management. Very innovative, chance to work with customers from multiple industries.
Ma pire expérience de travail, plusieurs team leader et senior toxique. Beaucoup de harcèlement. Quand on parle rien ne change. Boys club qui tente de faire croire qu'ils sont inclusif envers les femmes et les minorités.
Cons
Ambiance, absence ressource humaine, harcèlement
It is a good place to work however very competitive environment and heavy work load. The management respects the employees. Flexi timings, open communication, Good exposure to technology. Overall I’m satisfied.
Well managed workplace with good opportunities for advancement, unfortunately business unit was sold to a disorganized company. Personally, I consider management to be more important to job satisfaction than many other factors.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
reorgazational issues
Une expérience à faire, cependant salaire pas toujours compétitif
Title says it all ! Nice to work there, good job culture, management is helpful and very professional. However, the salary could be raised substantially.
I really enjoy working in CGI Edmonton office, it provided a employee friendly environment. I could schedule my daily work with family time in good pattern.
CGI provides contractors for the clients.The employment depend on ability of management to keep relationship with clients to keep projects going, that is not always happened. In my case communication with client was broken.
As this was my first job in Canada as I am an immigrant, it was a good experience. My manager was wonderful and very encouraging. Great supervisors too.
Pros
Good benefits and pay was higher than most call centers
Cons
Rude clients
bonne entreprise j' ai beaucoup appris.. stressant
Productive and fun workplace. Great co-workers. Lot of pleasure working there even with the delivery pressure. Great management team to support us in a aspects of things.
Les projets que j'ai travaillé étaient intéressants et motivants dans le cadre d'un emplois de stage coop.
Good place to start, but they took advantage of lack of experience with low salary, then it was tough to renegotiate once I gained the necessary experience.
- Overall organizational structure is very traditional and bureaucratic.
- Management is more focused on earning Sales- Revenue than employee retention or well being.

- There are frequent lay-offs every year.

- Every year, they go for re-structure and it is stressful.

- Mid Level management is not transparent in many cases.

- Supervisors are not Team oriented, so it's really difficult to Trust management's approaches.

- A good place to earn experience, but, Definitely Not a place for a long-term career, as there be the business modality is complex.
there are some very nice people working at CGI. Management sometimes seem to make it difficult for their employees; almost like they want people to leave the company.
Aucun respect de la part des managers, une direction qui ferme les yeux, beaucoup de stress, peu de rémunération.
was a consultant for CGI for a couple of month the integration period was poorly done there no one to guide me through the process of working at a different location so had to found everything myself
Unsaid and hidden favourism. What ever you do, you don't have job security if you are not a Canadian or British. If you are then your job is secure even if you don't work at all.
Being an international student and landing up on the first job in Canada, was a great exposure and I learnt how corporate managements works in here. A wonderful 1.5 years experience with getting in contact with nicest people ever met. A relaxed place, but challenging environment where I could assist customer with their technical issues. I was able to improve my communication and management skills when i grew up with CGI. A typical day at work for a part timer would be like 6-7 hour shift and assisting almost around 25-40 people on an average over calls, chats and emails.
The hardest portion of the job would be when there is a migration or an outage, users get panicked and stresses which is also under control eventually. We used to have several potlucks since it was a multi-cultural environment. Few social activities involving employees and their families too. On the whole it was a fruitful experience for me in CGI and I would recommend for everyone.