CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Found 468 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,032 reviews

Really good place to work

I was really happy except the professional services group couldn’t find enough of my kind of work. They asked if I would do something else but it didn’t interest me.

Pros

Great people

Low salary, bad management

Left because of low pay. Management was the worst I ever had. My sdm (a good one) was replaced with an incomplete one and I got stuck with his job, my job and the job of the other analyst who got fired without reason beside being in conflit with the new one.

Pros

My assignments were not stressful

Cons

Low pay, like VERY low pay

Centre d'appelle

Meme si il annonce un centre d'appelle Profesionel et respectueux les client ne le sont souvent pas . La méthode de fonctionement ne done pas de résolution a court terme du problème du client . ceux ci doivent souvent attendre plusieur semain vant que leur problème soit résolut.

Good place to start a career

This is a good place to start a career but not recommended to stay longer than 2-3 years.Salary is below industry standard and salary increase stops at certain point. Managemt consist of mostly uneducated people, some of them with only high school degree. Most of the time it feels like they don't know what are they doing

Benefits

Cons

Really poor management

Environnement de travail agréable

Très bonne entreprise pour évoluer dans sa carrière

A eviter

J ai travaillé pour quatre Ssii en 15 ans . C' est vraiment la pire. Les managers sont 100 % orientés vers les intérêts du client. Et si il y a le moindre problème, il charge négativement votre dossier lors des entretiens annuels. Votre carrière ne fait pas partie de l'équation. Le consultant n'est pas perçu comme un collègue. Pour cette entreprise, vous êtes clairement du bétail.

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Managers manipulateurs .

Leadership listens and really cares.

Lots of challenges and great place to develop your career. Quite entrepreneurial, lots of openness to do things a little differently. Leaders take the time to listen and help manage your career.

Pros

Collegial and collaborative environment.

Good enterprise to work for

CGI has offered me the chance of beginning from the novice stage to advanced level with support all the way. On the other hand salary increase seems to have stop at a certain point below industry level.

Pros

Help and support

Cons

Salary

haute technologie

Pour un début de carière c'est OK mais attention quand vous prenez de l'âge.

Good

Good work life balance.I enjoy working here, managers are helpful. We can do our job, get good trainings on our interest. One of the best company to work with. I loved working here.

Jobs at CGI Group

See more jobs

Globalement satisfait de mon expérience de travailler chez CGI.

Globalement satisfait de mon expérience de travailler chez CGI.

Great company to start your career.

A great place to work with plenty of opportunities and support if you are self-driven and motivated to drive your career path forward. Members are appreciated and afforded all the tools to grow and improve. Good benefits. My only criticism falls in the salary area. Salaries are on the lower to middle range for the industry. CGI could definitely improve their offerings.

Salary and advancement

I worked for CGI for less than a year and the experience was cool but the salary and benefits were miserable on top of that, advancement wasn’t that easy even when you work hard and get new skills

Pros

Work culture

Cons

Salary, advancement

Clicks

Who you know holds higher value than your skills, genuinely. I experienced amazing management let go for standing their ground when they have witnessed inappropriate behaviour amongst management. You have to be connected in some way to the client.

Pros

Client interaction

Cons

Integrity

Limited opportunities but good experience

You hit the glass ceiling pretty quickly. The benefits decreased over time as budgets tightened. Top heavy on management, not built to compete with firms specifically in the body shop business.

Pros

Diversified opportunities

Cons

no OT pay

Internal Politics

There was too much internal politics at CGI. One team member fighting against the other. Team managers being in-effective or not wanting to clear this situation up.

Good for entry level

Students and trainees do well at CGI. Most senior technical staff move from here early. Pay is low. No bonuses. Middle management is terrible. There are worse places to work but there are a lot better too...

Avec SAP le climat de travail est execrable

La direction est incapable de trouver des nouveau contrat pour SAP, il gere la décroissance, il y a des employé et des directeur qui sont des tyrans

Great Company

CGI is a great company and I enjoy working for them. The one downfall is they want you to sell something before you build it versus build then sell. This is a downfall in my mind as the building is hurried and not vetted out.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Proximity Model, means if you don't work where you client is you are always fearful for your job.

CGI: my worst / most horrible experience in 30 years

Awfully unfortunately for me, I didn't realize on the interview that somebody's - worst on Earth - pronunciation would become my curse.All team members whispered behind that person's back. He has a very short temper, so naturally the general atmosphere of fear and punishment is in the air ! With the "porridge" he's blabbering, he shouldn't survive 10 minutes, leave along 17 years in CGI plus becoming government employee ! I became the only one was blamed for being "racist". Absolute nonsense, swear my life to God !!! They complained to Public Safety, jeopardizing my career ! So all my 30 years of software development experience (Microsoft, Java, JavaScript, Android, Python, Angular / Vue and others) is nothing for them ! Stay away from CGI in Ottawa, if your career, your health and future, your family is dear for you !

Pros

Their management can get their free lunches to the graves !

Cons

All my 30 years of software development: Microsoft, Java, JavaScript, Android, Python, Angular / Vue and others - nothing for them ! Stay away from CGI if your career, your family and your future is dear for you !

Lack in job security and professionalism

Working for CGI in the beginning can be a very positive professional challenge for any individual, however as time goes by you really start to learn the in’s and out’s of how things work, around there, and then you start to notice how much favouritism there is within the senior leadership team. Your job is never secure if you’re not high up on the totem pole and even then you’re at risk. You will always feel that uncertainty as to when/if you will be replaced. Some of the senior management at CGI can be fair when it comes to workload and expectations, but they are few and far between. With favouritism, politics, and the lack of leadership there I’d say look elsewhere. In way of salary; it’s low for what you’re expected to do. Work life balance is average, but I also know that people have accumulated so much vacation time because they’re never given an opportunity to take time off because the job just won’t permit it = work overload.

Pros

Client events

Cons

Professional growth, salary, work life balance, work atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K