CDI TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Worst Work culture
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2017
No benefits, No career advancement, Salary is too low. Once anyone joins here they have to work machine. No scope of learning of anykind. Management is worst i have ever seen.
Good work environment, Good people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
CDI is a good place for anyone in sales whether you are a beginner or a veteran, this is a good opportunity to grow. They offer excellent in house training and modern work facilities. The environment is full of supportive and friendly employees that makes each day enjoyable
CDI a place to work in...
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2017
A great opportunity, to create a business, must be a self starter with a go get them attitude. Stay at it and the business will come, eventually. Its up to you.
Too many sales people
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2017
Too many sales people not enough product the people are great and many incentive programs alot fun to work at very relaxed and layed back some travel.
Busy and friendly
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2017
The people in CDI Computers are friendly. They are very workaholic and have a fast face environment. But due to computer demands are not that high anymore, sometimes we worked only six hours a day.
Overworked and under-appreciated/underpaid.
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 July 2017
Cons:
Poor compensation.
Poor / disrespectful management.
Lack of training / coaching.
Overworked and underpaid.

Pros:
Occasional free lunches.
fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  markham ontario5 April 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled customer support tasks as well as overseeing a common group task. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
n/a
Fun to work
RMA tecknikan (Current Employee) –  Markam / ON13 March 2017
CDI computers is good place to work as a beginner , we fix more than 45 computer a day Plus we do parts for RMA provide new parts for the customers.
i learned how to fix computers really fast ( hardware and software ) , notebooks and tablets as well. and process RMA tickets
managment not that good at CD ( not all of them ) I , for exmple i do more than 4 jobs at the same time , and my manager doesn't show any appreciation ( no management skills ) .
the hardest parts of the job is you have to stay extra hours ( which i don't mind it at all ) and the salary really low in CDI .
the most enjoyable part is the Pizza luch and BBQ on Summer time .
Pros
Free lunch evey while
Cons
long hours, and low sallary
Helpful and fast-paced work environment.
Asset Recovery Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 February 2017
Helpful and fast-paced work environment. Good work ethic, provides employee benefits and events to even new employees. Helpful superiors. Supportive staff and peers.
annual Family picnic
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2016
I have so many good experience working in CDI Computers, we had annual BBQ party, Family picnic and Christmas party at Mandarin. When start joining the company, I don't even know how to open a PC or a laptop, but CDI helps me a lot to gain my experience, within 2 weeks of training, I can repair and install computers. The people is friendly.
Pros
Free lunch Saturday work
Avoid working here
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 July 2016
I worked at CDI Computer Dealers full-time (More than a year), I did not feel that I had a secured job.
Company won't recognize for your good job, even if you work hard, but they will ask you why you were late 2 minutes, maybe a good company for beginners not for experience workers, not really organized and lack of training.
Worst management team I have ever seen, too many issues communication between departments, company wants to keep expanding without putting resources into each department to compensate for growth (extreme workloads on all departments)
Pros
I really tried to think of one
Cons
poor pay, unpaid breaks, bad management, so called managers look at you as you are their slave, no training, only 10 days vacation, no matter how long you've worked there
amazing workplace great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2016
no bad reviews loved the job
had to go because i had a baby
job was great easy to adapt to
easy to get along with those working there
Pros
people, job, work environment
Cons
could of been better pay
Routine Workplace
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 May 2016
There is no creativity in environment and the tasks are routine and boring.
Production line is not a clean environment and it affects personnel health.
Pros
Payroll is on time always
Sweat shop
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 April 2016
I started there as an experienced computer technician coming in after being laid off from another large company so I had high hopes that this would be a great company.

Terrible training to begin with. They just throw you on the floor and say "go". Its a sweat shop that makes you look for defects in a small amount of time with little room to work with.

Avoid at all costs, I feel like its a legalized China sweat shop with no regard for employees whatsoever.
Pros
Lots of perks for the sales staff, non for technicians.
Cons
Rushed work, minimal training, favortism
Big parking space
TEST AND AUDIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
Salary is minimum and there is no chance to learn more. You wont have any security for the job. Your job is completely technical but the wage is as same as a cashier in McDonald
Do not enter...Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 March 2016
This place is awful to work at. I wouldn't advise it to anyone. Slave labour. Poor management. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. You will regret everyday working at this prison. Enter at your own risk. No room to grow and is too much work for one person for $11.50 an hour. You would be of more value at McDonalds. I'm sure they would treat you as such rather than being unappreciated by CDI.
Pros
None.
Cons
The people here are nice and the schedule is easy going, but there are no sick days and the training is poor. Fun place to work, but not the best!
Tech Support/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 February 2016
Pretty casual office setting, you can wear jeans everyday if you want. Just look professional/presentable.

I work in Customer Service, taking care of RMAs and some calls that come in, but most of my day is answering emails and doing RMAs for replacement parts, whole units, or return for repair/credits. It can get pretty monotonous but being able to listen to some music while I work helps me focus.

We work 8am to 5pm, which is really annoying, but at least the traffic at 7:30 isn't as slow as it is around 8am to 10am. Monday to Friday is great for me, because it keeps my evenings and weekends free for my girlfriend and family, so that's a plus. I just dislike that extra unnecessary hour in the morning. Barely any RMAs come in during that time.

No sick days, which is a pretty negative thing about the job. Really, guys? Even just 5 a year would be better than none.

I've learned more about diagnosing computer issues, my typing speed has somewhat increased, and you interact with people constantly. Free coffee/tea in the break room is a cool perk too. The office is a bit run down though, and looks pretty boring. They need more decor or something to make it more attractive.

My team and supervisor have been very supportive and helpful and fun to talk to throughout the day.

Training needs to be completely overhauled. It's the second worst thing about this job. They basically just give you a short little introduction to CDI from H/R and then have you do some mostly common sense/repetitive online training courses on your own time about health and safety but barely anything
  more... on your role, expectations, etc.

Then they basically put you in a trial by fire. On my first day I was already sitting at my desk around 12:30 after being introduced to everyone and I was getting shown the programs they use on the computer to do RMAs and access emails. Then they started showing me the basics of doing RMAs. It was all too fast and no time was set aside in the huge, dedicated training room to help me with any of this stuff. Luckily I'm a quick learner but I can see how it could be overwhelming for some newer reps. They have you do the menial RMAs (single part requests) and then eventually move you on to whole units, rapid replacement, talking to purchasing, credits, TDSB, and eventually you get trained on the phone doing customer service and Comcast calls.

So the structure of how they train you is fair (like Legos), but they make you do the small tasks immediately to offset their workload while they can focus on the bigger problems you don't know yet until you're ready. I understand the need for that, but the problem is those kinds of emails still come in everyday, so I have to waste my supervisor's time asking questions about things I don't know how to do instead of the company putting aside time in the training room to learn these things I need to be successful. It's been pretty stressful.

One other problem: you better change all the clocks in your life to be here on time. They purposely set the time clock (uses a hand scanner, fancy!) several minutes ahead of the established local network time. I think this is to try and trip up new people into being chronically late. It's been really frustrating seeing my phone at 7:58 but it's suddenly 8:01 or 8:02 when I go punch in, and their records will read that as tardy. Just be careful and leave your house earlier.

Other misc stuff: they usually buy cake for the department when it's a team member's birthday and there's often pizza or other lunches provided for the team every other week or so. Nice gestures.

Overall, I can see why people complained so much about this place, but it pays the bills for now. If this becomes something more, great, but realistically it's a fun place to work, not necessarily the best.
Pros
Free coffee, fun people, relaxed dress code
Cons
No sick days, run down and boring office, pay isn't the greatest, training needs to be revamped
Great Place to work
account manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 January 2016
Working at CDI was a very rewarding experience. The work environment is the best around and the NO CAP on commissions leave the door wide open to make the living you want. If you work hard you will make a very good living. The room for advancement is there as you can become a team lead and build your own team while making even more money.
Pros
Unlimited Money to be made. Great working enviroment
Cons
Moved and to far
This is a nice medium sized company to work and there is a lot of different opportunities here if this is what you are looking for.
IT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 December 2015
People here are very nice to work with, and I have been enjoying working here when I see projects are moving and get done.

Management is very open-minded and they are welcome to hear from any level of employees, any ideas or comments that can help company to move a step forward or make a change.
An incredible learning opportunity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 December 2015
It's a fun environment. People truly get along and try to help each other. I love that we can take our dogs to work on Fridays!

There is very little bureaucracy so it's great if you like to come up with new ideas and make real changes. It's very fast paced so if you like a challenge CDI is for you. I have really enjoyed getting the chance to learn well beyond my field of expertise.

The CEOs are incredible to work with. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6