CDI TECHNOLOGIES Management reviews

Worst place to work
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2019
Worst and dirtiest place to work, I got sick.
Dirt, dust all around and washrooms are full of .... no cleaning and caring about warehouse employees.
Warehouse employees work like slave.
No respect at all.
No talking
Your team leader has assistants, they are like big bosses.
Don't ask questions, they get mad at you
If you don't ask n make mistake, they get mad again and you have no choice but ....
Everyone one comes after a few months leaves.
Hiring continues because leaving continues 😂🤗
If you want to be respeted as human then it's not your place.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, minimum wages doesn't matter how long you work.
Low pay, long hours Horrible bosses
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 April 2019
One of the worst companies I have worked for. HR never responded to any requests. Managers belittled their employees, 16 an hour for Computer technicians. Grossly underpaid. and apparently an average work week is 11 hours a day and potentially having to come in on the weekends with no notice.

Great company!
Pros
They served us ice cream
Cons
Read the review
Awful place to work, unless you are one of the top performing sales people
Markham - Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 April 2019
I was at CDI Technologies for 3 years and never received a raise until I switched positions. I researched my new position and knew I should be earning around 20k more than I was at least, however when I asked for that the best they could offer me was 2.5k more. Eventually I got them to 5k more. Unless you are a high performing sales person, stay away from CDI. You are expected to walk on eggshells around the sales reps and every rep is expected to be exempted from the established rules that are in place whenever anyone says no to any of their requests. If anyone on your team ever quits you will be expected to take on all of their tasks for no additional compensation. If you join the bids team, be aware that you will never earn any commission on any of the deals you complete, not even a free lunch. You have to work at the company for 5 years before your number of vacation days increases from the original 10. The company does not offer any paid sick days. There are some good people working for the company and occasionally you will feel a sense of accomplishment for getting something complete, but those moments and people are few and far between. If you go above and beyond, expect that to be considered your new normal and you will need to work at that level from then on. Management comes up with new initiatives constantly that are not thought out or tested before being implemented, causing chaos. The bathrooms are atrocious. The parking situation currently is absurd, and knowing CDI, likely won't be fixed for years.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No advancement, no raises, uncommunicative and uncaring management
Horrible Place
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 January 2019
I learned a lot about repairing notebooks, as CDI was my first job out of school.
Although I found that management does not treat the staff good. People are not aloud to talk during work hours to other employees. They bark orders at employees. Most of the management doesn't even know what they are doing in there own positions, power has gone to their heads type.
There are a lot of cultures in the warehouse. But I find that they seem to hire a lot of eastern people I think because they don't ask questions. They don't know that they shouldn't be talked to or treated in the manner that they are.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor in the warehouse.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to repair notebooks. I really enjoy the hands on experience.
Pros
repairing notebooks
Cons
management
Wait more to find a better job
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2018
Even a bad place to start. you better wait more and look for a better place to work. lay off randomly and workplace culture is so bad management is worst.
This is the worst in Canada.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2018
Poor salary,
poor training,
lowest management skill.
the supervisor look like doesn't nothing. only know ask why.
look like nobody know how to manage the time.
Very poor place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 July 2018
Staff treated like sub human. People get fired constantly for no reason. Feels like sweat shop run like one too. Must be some laws being broken because human beings should never be treated in this manner
sales director is fake
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 April 2018
high turn over rate , team leaders make money from you and you don't even know about it

HR people are very shady, not professional at all, no benefits
It's a warehouse
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 March 2018
Pro:
It is easy to get into CDI. If you know how to find out the type of RAM, you are in. So very good for someone who is looking to get into IT or first job.

Cons:
There is no training even for the internal processes. So get there and get ready to hear "don't you know this"? although you are new. Do not expect the management to come to you and be polite. In job as soon as we saw someone being taken by one lady, we knew that the guy was being fired. I found it weird - someone comes to your desk, asks you to come and in five minutes, you are shown the door.

During lean time, expect the hours to be reduced for one or two months.

Overall a good company to start with but nothing much. However, there are many people, who have been working here for years. So you might hear different views.
Pros
Free Pizza during overtime
Cons
No certainty, management not supportive, work culture
Be prepared to get fired
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 December 2017
Great people on my team, but we were all overworked. People or whole departments would disappear overnight. Due to “restructuring” or “cutbacks”. Those that were left had to take over those jobs too.

No one EVER gets raises and the starting pay was low to begin with. You are just a number to the higher ups. I saw so many people get fired during my years there. I knew it was just a matter of time before it was my turn.

Take a job here if you’re desperate, but don’t expect raises or job security.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, summer picnic, nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no sick days, you will be fired no matter how well you perform
Worst Work culture
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2017
No benefits, No career advancement, Salary is too low. Once anyone joins here they have to work machine. No scope of learning of anykind. Management is worst i have ever seen.
Overworked and under-appreciated/underpaid.
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 July 2017
Cons:
Poor compensation.
Poor / disrespectful management.
Lack of training / coaching.
Overworked and underpaid.

Pros:
Occasional free lunches.
Fun to work
RMA tecknikan (Current Employee) –  Markam / ON13 March 2017
CDI computers is good place to work as a beginner , we fix more than 45 computer a day Plus we do parts for RMA provide new parts for the customers.
i learned how to fix computers really fast ( hardware and software ) , notebooks and tablets as well. and process RMA tickets
managment not that good at CD ( not all of them ) I , for exmple i do more than 4 jobs at the same time , and my manager doesn't show any appreciation ( no management skills ) .
the hardest parts of the job is you have to stay extra hours ( which i don't mind it at all ) and the salary really low in CDI .
the most enjoyable part is the Pizza luch and BBQ on Summer time .
Pros
Free lunch evey while
Cons
long hours, and low sallary
Avoid working here
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 July 2016
I worked at CDI Computer Dealers full-time (More than a year), I did not feel that I had a secured job.
Company won't recognize for your good job, even if you work hard, but they will ask you why you were late 2 minutes, maybe a good company for beginners not for experience workers, not really organized and lack of training.
Worst management team I have ever seen, too many issues communication between departments, company wants to keep expanding without putting resources into each department to compensate for growth (extreme workloads on all departments)
Pros
I really tried to think of one
Cons
poor pay, unpaid breaks, bad management, so called managers look at you as you are their slave, no training, only 10 days vacation, no matter how long you've worked there
Routine Workplace
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 May 2016
There is no creativity in environment and the tasks are routine and boring.
Production line is not a clean environment and it affects personnel health.
Pros
Payroll is on time always
Sweat shop
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 April 2016
I started there as an experienced computer technician coming in after being laid off from another large company so I had high hopes that this would be a great company.

Terrible training to begin with. They just throw you on the floor and say "go". Its a sweat shop that makes you look for defects in a small amount of time with little room to work with.

Avoid at all costs, I feel like its a legalized China sweat shop with no regard for employees whatsoever.
Pros
Lots of perks for the sales staff, non for technicians.
Cons
Rushed work, minimal training, favortism
Do not enter...Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 March 2016
This place is awful to work at. I wouldn't advise it to anyone. Slave labour. Poor management. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. You will regret everyday working at this prison. Enter at your own risk. No room to grow and is too much work for one person for $11.50 an hour. You would be of more value at McDonalds. I'm sure they would treat you as such rather than being unappreciated by CDI.
Pros
None.
Cons
This is a nice medium sized company to work and there is a lot of different opportunities here if this is what you are looking for.
IT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 December 2015
People here are very nice to work with, and I have been enjoying working here when I see projects are moving and get done.

Management is very open-minded and they are welcome to hear from any level of employees, any ideas or comments that can help company to move a step forward or make a change.
Lots of work
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON14 November 2015
Learned a lot and every day has a challenge, working different duties, too much for 1 person, I don’t feel that management has been supportive, my position title does not reflect what I really do, company has minimum benefits, like no sick days, do not expect salary wages to be raised every year, no space to grow
Pros
I can't think of one
Cons
everything else
Brutal place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Markham24 October 2015
Extremely low pay , no benefits, minimal holidays and terrible management. I recommend working here only as a last resort. I worked in the marketing department and it's very poorly managed. It almost felt like they pretending to be a marketing department. Anyways, working there included some of the longest and most painful days I've had at any company. Consider yourself warned...
Pros
Still trying to think of something...
Cons
Management, Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6