CDI TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews in Markham, ON

Low pay, long hours Horrible bosses
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 April 2019
One of the worst companies I have worked for. HR never responded to any requests. Managers belittled their employees, 16 an hour for Computer technicians. Grossly underpaid. and apparently an average work week is 11 hours a day and potentially having to come in on the weekends with no notice.

Great company!
Pros
They served us ice cream
Cons
Read the review
Awful place to work, unless you are one of the top performing sales people
Markham - Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 April 2019
I was at CDI Technologies for 3 years and never received a raise until I switched positions. I researched my new position and knew I should be earning around 20k more than I was at least, however when I asked for that the best they could offer me was 2.5k more. Eventually I got them to 5k more. Unless you are a high performing sales person, stay away from CDI. You are expected to walk on eggshells around the sales reps and every rep is expected to be exempted from the established rules that are in place whenever anyone says no to any of their requests. If anyone on your team ever quits you will be expected to take on all of their tasks for no additional compensation. If you join the bids team, be aware that you will never earn any commission on any of the deals you complete, not even a free lunch. You have to work at the company for 5 years before your number of vacation days increases from the original 10. The company does not offer any paid sick days. There are some good people working for the company and occasionally you will feel a sense of accomplishment for getting something complete, but those moments and people are few and far between. If you go above and beyond, expect that to be considered your new normal and you will need to work at that level from then on. Management comes up with new initiatives constantly that are not thought out or tested before being implemented, causing chaos. The bathrooms are atrocious. The parking situation currently is absurd, and knowing CDI, likely won't be fixed for years.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No advancement, no raises, uncommunicative and uncaring management
Fun environment
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2019
Free ice cream every other Friday was always fun. Long work day but the friendly people helped me work through it. Fun BBQ events as well. Everyone was helpful so whenever I had a question I just asked. Felt sort of like a big family. Was running through some personal issues one summer and my manager was nice and understanding. Thanks for everything.
Pros
Free Ice cream every other Friday, Friendly environment, Fun events, Helpful people
Cons
Hard work, Can be busy at times
A company with no prospect
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2019
No help and clear instruction from the dept head to get to use to the job duty. No organization chart can be seen and unclear inter-dept communication channel. You will find yourself just running around and search for someone to get an simple answer. Logistics dept is a mess and no standard working procedure for you to follow which flight forwarder to use. Hired through non-government agency with subsidization and was terminated few months later. They keep on recruiting the same position with different name of title but do the same job duties. You will be regret to join this company and looks like they just see some positions as for short term and never see you as an asset.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Too much to say
Very bad
Tech. System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 February 2019
No job security, does not matter how may years you working there.
Manager not good, does not matter how may years you working there. Never be happy with them
Horrible Place
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 January 2019
I learned a lot about repairing notebooks, as CDI was my first job out of school.
Although I found that management does not treat the staff good. People are not aloud to talk during work hours to other employees. They bark orders at employees. Most of the management doesn't even know what they are doing in there own positions, power has gone to their heads type.
There are a lot of cultures in the warehouse. But I find that they seem to hire a lot of eastern people I think because they don't ask questions. They don't know that they shouldn't be talked to or treated in the manner that they are.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor in the warehouse.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to repair notebooks. I really enjoy the hands on experience.
Pros
repairing notebooks
Cons
management
This is the worst in Canada.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 November 2018
Poor salary,
poor training,
lowest management skill.
the supervisor look like doesn't nothing. only know ask why.
look like nobody know how to manage the time.
Its wonderfull place to work here
Computer Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 September 2018
great people here very supportive and entertaining events every month to keep working love this place simple work and mostly repetitive you get to explore more electronic devices like laptop,desktop,ipad,phones and more
Pros
cafeteria, monthly icecream treat
Cons
long hours get paid
not bad place for beginner.
Network cabling technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 July 2018
Low salary and benefits.
it's good for beginner / graduates only.
The company has group benefit and vacation after you work a year.
One summer BBQ and group party.
Test and Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 July 2018
Salary never increased during last 6 years of my work. No opportunity to grow up. Friendly environment. Fully unpaid break time. Secured job. All benefits provided.
Very poor place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 July 2018
Staff treated like sub human. People get fired constantly for no reason. Feels like sweat shop run like one too. Must be some laws being broken because human beings should never be treated in this manner
Cons
Truly good sales reps can make a living.. otherwise not really
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 June 2018
Highly skilled sales reps can take advantage of a fairly strong commission structure. Salary is minimum wage. Seems like company is constantly trying to supress your earnings. Rarely get the GM you're expecting to.

Biased heirarchy within the company. Long-time reps have a 1.5 million+ student userbase while a new rep could have 300k.

There is an opportunity to make money if you are smart, creative, and talented at sales.. but even then it is challenging.

Good starting role in IT Sales to get industry experience needed to move onto bigger and better things.
sales director is fake
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 April 2018
high turn over rate , team leaders make money from you and you don't even know about it

HR people are very shady, not professional at all, no benefits
It's a warehouse
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 March 2018
Pro:
It is easy to get into CDI. If you know how to find out the type of RAM, you are in. So very good for someone who is looking to get into IT or first job.

Cons:
There is no training even for the internal processes. So get there and get ready to hear "don't you know this"? although you are new. Do not expect the management to come to you and be polite. In job as soon as we saw someone being taken by one lady, we knew that the guy was being fired. I found it weird - someone comes to your desk, asks you to come and in five minutes, you are shown the door.

During lean time, expect the hours to be reduced for one or two months.

Overall a good company to start with but nothing much. However, there are many people, who have been working here for years. So you might hear different views.
Pros
Free Pizza during overtime
Cons
No certainty, management not supportive, work culture
fun place
Test & Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 December 2017
The Team worked with was great, very helpful managers and staff. Interesting place to learn many technical computer hardware and software to learn. great place
Be prepared to get fired
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 December 2017
Great people on my team, but we were all overworked. People or whole departments would disappear overnight. Due to “restructuring” or “cutbacks”. Those that were left had to take over those jobs too.

No one EVER gets raises and the starting pay was low to begin with. You are just a number to the higher ups. I saw so many people get fired during my years there. I knew it was just a matter of time before it was my turn.

Take a job here if you’re desperate, but don’t expect raises or job security.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, summer picnic, nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no sick days, you will be fired no matter how well you perform
Worst Work culture
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2017
No benefits, No career advancement, Salary is too low. Once anyone joins here they have to work machine. No scope of learning of anykind. Management is worst i have ever seen.
CDI a place to work in...
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2017
A great opportunity, to create a business, must be a self starter with a go get them attitude. Stay at it and the business will come, eventually. Its up to you.
Too many sales people
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2017
Too many sales people not enough product the people are great and many incentive programs alot fun to work at very relaxed and layed back some travel.
Busy and friendly
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2017
The people in CDI Computers are friendly. They are very workaholic and have a fast face environment. But due to computer demands are not that high anymore, sometimes we worked only six hours a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6