CDI TECHNOLOGIES

CDI TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
Relaxed workplace. Working hard does not mean advancement.
The typical day at work was quite relaxed. For me personally, i was required to do various labor duties and help coworkers with their machines. I learned a lot about the overall workplace environment and how I should be acting. The hardest part of the job was the tedious, absent-minded tasks as I like my mind to be stimulated.
Overall Good place to work
Overall Good place to work , good coworkers, easy going and flexible
my boss was really helpful. enjoyed working here

pay was ok, not that bad. I learnt alot here
worst experience ever working with this company..
one of the cheapest and worst company i have worked with, they can go up to any extend just to save their money. no job security though if you are performing well. pathetic supervisor and horrible team lead..
The worst place to work
It was a really bad experience in my whole life!worst place,worst management,cheap teamlead!supervisor has zero technical knowledge,lowest salary rate
Stay away from this company
Once you get hired by unskilled supervisor, you do not know what a awful place you are supposed to work. low salary, no training, rude supervisors, worst management. there is no place to growth and advancement, no job security, they show you the exit door anytime they decide. HR does not care about interpersonal communications among employees. In short, it is a nice place to work just for a week!
was a fast-paced production environment the salary was ok location was a pain depending on where you are located in the GTA the company itself was located in markham
Do not work here
Rude management. No opportunity for growth and advancement low base, and you pay for the company's operating expense from your commissions. Yes your commissions
excellent environment
Great people, great teamwork. With the addition and change to Troxell-CDI, even more positive changes are in the works. Supportive managers and senior staff all eager to help, with no hovering or micro management. Great culture!
Slave labour
If you want to stand for 9 hours a day only get paid for 8. If you want work on 50+ computers a day with the lie of getting extra money for the more you do,if you dont want to advance your career, if you are a newcomer to Canada, apply here!
Great opportunity for learning & growth!
CDI has been an amazing opportunity for me right out university to get on the job experience in my field. The environment is very youthful and energetic! If you are looking to get experience, a foot in the door and grow in your career this is a great place to start.
Worst place to work
Worst and dirtiest place to work, I got sick.
Dirt, dust all around and washrooms are full of .... no cleaning and caring about warehouse employees.

Warehouse employees work like slave.

No respect at all.

No talking

Your team leader has assistants, they are like big bosses.

Don't ask questions, they get mad at you

If you don't ask n make mistake, they get mad again and you have no choice but ....

Everyone one comes after a few months leaves.

Hiring continues because leaving continues 😂🤗

If you want to be respeted as human then it's not your place.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, minimum wages doesn't matter how long you work.
Low pay, long hours Horrible bosses
One of the worst companies I have worked for. HR never responded to any requests. Managers belittled their employees, 16 an hour for Computer technicians. Grossly underpaid. and apparently an average work week is 11 hours a day and potentially having to come in on the weekends with no notice.

Great company!
Pros
They served us ice cream
Cons
Read the review
Exploitative
The place seriously needs to be reviewed by the bbb, they take full advantage of their staff for minimum pay, benefits, or security. everyone gets an interview, almost everyone gets hired and put through the mill.
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
pay and security
Awful place to work, unless you are one of the top performing sales people
I was at CDI Technologies for 3 years and never received a raise until I switched positions. I researched my new position and knew I should be earning around 20k more than I was at least, however when I asked for that the best they could offer me was 2.5k more. Eventually I got them to 5k more. Unless you are a high performing sales person, stay away from CDI. You are expected to walk on eggshells around the sales reps and every rep is expected to be exempted from the established rules that are in place whenever anyone says no to any of their requests. If anyone on your team ever quits you will be expected to take on all of their tasks for no additional compensation. If you join the bids team, be aware that you will never earn any commission on any of the deals you complete, not even a free lunch. You have to work at the company for 5 years before your number of vacation days increases from the original 10. The company does not offer any paid sick days. There are some good people working for the company and occasionally you will feel a sense of accomplishment for getting something complete, but those moments and people are few and far between. If you go above and beyond, expect that to be considered your new normal and you will need to work at that level from then on. Management comes up with new initiatives constantly that are not thought out or tested before being implemented, causing chaos. The bathrooms are atrocious. The parking situation currently is absurd, and knowing CDI, likely won't be fixed for years.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No advancement, no raises, uncommunicative and uncaring management
Fun environment
Free ice cream every other Friday was always fun. Long work day but the friendly people helped me work through it. Fun BBQ events as well. Everyone was helpful so whenever I had a question I just asked. Felt sort of like a big family. Was running through some personal issues one summer and my manager was nice and understanding. Thanks for everything.
Pros
Free Ice cream every other Friday, Friendly environment, Fun events, Helpful people
Cons
Hard work, Can be busy at times
A company with no prospect
No help and clear instruction from the dept head to get to use to the job duty. No organization chart can be seen and unclear inter-dept communication channel. You will find yourself just running around and search for someone to get an simple answer. Logistics dept is a mess and no standard working procedure for you to follow which flight forwarder to use. Hired through non-government agency with subsidization and was terminated few months later. They keep on recruiting the same position with different name of title but do the same job duties. You will be regret to join this company and looks like they just see some positions as for short term and never see you as an asset.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Too much to say
Very bad
No job security, does not matter how may years you working there.
Manager not good, does not matter how may years you working there. Never be happy with them
Horrible Place
I learned a lot about repairing notebooks, as CDI was my first job out of school.
Although I found that management does not treat the staff good. People are not aloud to talk during work hours to other employees. They bark orders at employees. Most of the management doesn't even know what they are doing in there own positions, power has gone to their heads type.

There are a lot of cultures in the warehouse. But I find that they seem to hire a lot of eastern people I think because they don't ask questions. They don't know that they shouldn't be talked to or treated in the manner that they are.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor in the warehouse.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to repair notebooks. I really enjoy the hands on experience.
Pros
repairing notebooks
Cons
management
Wait more to find a better job
Even a bad place to start. you better wait more and look for a better place to work. lay off randomly and workplace culture is so bad management is worst.
No Job security
There was a lack of job security! Management expected you to arrive before your scheduled shift, ie clocking in at your scheduled time is considered late.. a lot of micromanaging, and your manager will be notified if you are "1 minute" late. They don't believe in OT so you're better off working your 8 hours and leaving.
This is the worst in Canada.
Poor salary,
poor training,

lowest management skill.

the supervisor look like doesn't nothing. only know ask why.

look like nobody know how to manage the time.