CDI Furniture Employee Reviews

Worst working conditions, No working system
Manager (Former Employee) –  QC9 August 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked at. Young CEO has no idea about business management. QC Director & QC Manager has zero experience on furniture. There is no working system. Never feel safe working there. No benefits, no salary increase, no incentives or bonus. Headache every second during 24/7. Never respect or listen to employee, very very disorganized. You will learn nothing from here. In conclusion. In conclusion, not a company you are looking for to apply.
Cons
Very long hours
One of the best working experience I have ever had.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2019
One of the best working experience I have ever had. So sad it had to end because I had to move back home to take care of family situation.

I was always taken care and watched over. Paid extremely well and amazing work environment.

The energy is young and fresh and vibrant.

The people are kind and considerate.

i never felt ore at home and comfortable in a workspace as I did at CDI.

From the top of the chain down to the bottom, everyone was treated like a first class citizen and I am grateful for all that this company has done for me.

Cannot say enough good about this company and this team. They are hungry and driven and their vision is going to take them all the way to the top of the industry.

I am happy that I can say that I was a part of this amazing movement at the start when it was still building into the empire it is bound to become.
Pros
Amazing people. Good salary. Great work environment.
Poor work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2018
Worst place ever to work at. CEO is so young, and not in a good way. Has no idea how to run a good company. Talks down to you all the time. Puts the job of 5 different people on one person. Zero benefits, and no hope at getting any as the company has filed for bankruptcy! Salary is good for some but not for all.

Departments are completely segregated, zero culture. Extremely poor training...good luck figuring it out while your in the fire!!!

Very very high turnover and if you work there you know exactly why!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and fun
Designer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2019
Love this job the people and the travel. I have never traveled outside of North America. With Cdi I was able to go to Paris Milan and so many parts of Asia. Management has always taken such good care of us. Especially when it comes to go restaurants and hotels
Pros
Love my team and wakes looking forward to go to work
Run the other way FAST
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 August 2018
This place is a joke, any positive reviews has to be the so called owner . The place lacks structure, organization, professionalism, culture, and leadership.

Probably one of the worst places to work in Montreal, no... Canada, no the world. Don't be fooled by any lies or fake promises. If you go to work for CDI you'll end being disappointed and leaving your own negative review.
Pros
Your not in Jail, so you can walk out
Cons
The place is still open
Amazing opportunities and work ethics
Sales director (Former Employee) –  Cote de liesse1 August 2018
CEO has a great business mind and drives his employees to succeed with him.

He shares his success with his employees and always guides them and laughs with them.

Very generous and spoils the employees that are serious at work and want the best for the company

It’s a growing company that thrives to become a leader and I loved it because it was family oriented.

I left the company simply because I moved and the commute to get there every morning was too hard

Love love love CDI!!!
Pros
Initiative
Cons
Far from home
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 December 2018
Productive and fun workplace , nice staff, free parking amazing interior designers , nice furniture.

Workplace culture is good,
Design furniture . .
High turn over, poor management, terrible culture
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mont-royal, QC16 April 2018
As many have said, very high turn over. Most people do not last more than 6 months.

They go by the saying "We're a young, hip and fast paced startup".

Yes management is young, which also contributes to not having the proper experience for their role.

Hip? Nothing is hip about the culture, departments are segregated to the point where teams rarely socialize. Everyone mostly does their own thing, which gives good autonomy but delivers poor performance in the end.

Fast paced? Can't help but laugh... takes forever for approvals of simple projects or small budgets.

All in all they have vision, but ZERO experience and ability to lead to great success. Having had over 18 years experience, which is more than double theirs at growing dozens of corporations by 100s of thousands even millions... then be constantly held back, efforts cannibalized by basic bad practices that any JR marketer would know is terrible idea.

They ignore analytical reporting, and come up with excuses as to how it's not accurate. Major deception from what they claim, and what is reality.

All in all, save yourself the trouble of being pushed to the limit to only have to find a new job in a couple of months.
Pros
Autonomous
Cons
Poor Maangement & Terrible Culture
Not as great as they make it out to be
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Royal, QC12 May 2018
Don't apply.

Segregated departments to the point where new people get hired and they aren't introduced to the rest of the employees..

Salary isn't great, work load became almost non existant, no benefits (yet they'll continuously tell you they're working on it) and theres a few higher ups that have a really poor attitude and are rude and it will rub off on you if you stay long enough..

Like others have said, revolving door. Most don't stay for longer than a year.

Only positive is that it doesn't interfere with your home life which I'd gladly give up anyway to work at a better company with a better environment.
Pros
Parking
Cons
No benefits, low salary
Équipe de direction humaine
Client externe (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 December 2018
Je lis les avis négatifs et ne comprends pas. La direction de cette entreprise est, culturellement, profondément humaine.
J'écris en tant que client détaillant....
L'équipe de direction est ouverte et fait tout pour aider.....
Si je cherchais un emploi, j'aurai du bonheur à travailler la.
Pros
Très à l'écoute
Environnement de Travail a CDI FURNITURE
Directrice de ventes (Former Employee) –  MONTREAL31 July 2018
J ai adore travailler a CDI pendant 5 ans . L ambiance de travail est très jeune et creative et chaleureuse . Le CEO est un jeune homme professionnel , determine ,avant-gardiste, dynamique, brillant et il sait exactement ou il s en va depuis le 1ier jour s entourant du meilleur personnel jeune et créatif . En voyageant a travers le monde il a su amener le meilleur pour les collections de meubles en cherchant qualité et prix. L équipe est très chaleureuse entoure du CEO qui est a l écoute de chaque demande du personnel .
J étais obligee de quitter ce travail que j adorais car mon mari a eu un transfert de travail dans un autre pays mais ce travail me manque et j espère qu un jour j aurais la chance de revenir travailler dans ce beau milieu ou j ai tellement appris avec cette équipe fabuleuse dans les # voyages pour les # shows a travers le monde.
Pros
ambiance de travail remarquable, chaleureuse. CEO jeune dynamique a l écoute des besoins de chaque employe !
Cons
pas davantage sociaux mais ils travaillent très fort la dessus
Negative Culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2018
Do not recommend. Very bad culture and no one is happy working here. This company goes through a very high rate of turnover and the recurring postings for the same jobs every 2-3 months prove it. The only good reviews you will see are from management who try to bury the honest reviews.
Pros
No pros at CDI
Cons
Not enough room to write them all
Youthful and great energy
Designer d'intérieur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2018
I’ve workered for this inspiring cie for 6 years as a designer. I absolutely loved our team and felt my work and vision was recognized and respected. Working with the CEO on a daily basis was great. We were all like a family which made every project that much more special.
Don't apply
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2018
Highest turn over for employees i have ever seen. (On average 3-6 months) Employees are not rewarded for their hard work or celebrated on their birthday. There is no culture. Departments are separated. Very boring work environment (white bare walls, many empty desks and chairs) under paid and overworked. Very very very unorganized!
Pros
close to highway
Cons
poorly organized, micromanging, high turn-over rate (employees stay on average 3-6 months)
bad work conditions
Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  montreal quebec23 May 2018
no respect for employees bad work conditions no air conitioning or fans very dusty yelled at often disorganized extreme hard labour all manual ......
Young, dynamic environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Montreal14 November 2017
CDI Furniture is a young, dynamic, and growing company. The environment is enjoyable and challenging. The office space is great and is located right on the highway - easily accessible by car (free parking) or by public transportation.
Environnement pertinent pour un premier emploi
Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC5 October 2017
Travail plaisant mais très mauvaise gestion et conditions de travail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.