CDI Computer Dealers Inc. Employee Reviews

Its wonderfull place to work here
Computer Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON13 September 2018
great people here very supportive and entertaining events every month to keep working love this place simple work and mostly repetitive you get to explore more electronic devices like laptop,desktop,ipad,phones and more
Pros
cafeteria, monthly icecream treat
Cons
long hours get paid
Test and Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 July 2018
Salary never increased during last 6 years of my work. No opportunity to grow up. Friendly environment. Fully unpaid break time. Secured job. All benefits provided.
Very poor place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 July 2018
Staff treated like sub human. People get fired constantly for no reason. Feels like sweat shop run like one too. Must be some laws being broken because human beings should never be treated in this manner
Cons
Truly good sales reps can make a living.. otherwise not really
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 June 2018
Highly skilled sales reps can take advantage of a fairly strong commission structure. Salary is minimum wage. Seems like company is constantly trying to supress your earnings. Rarely get the GM you're expecting to.

Biased heirarchy within the company. Long-time reps have a 1.5 million+ student userbase while a new rep could have 300k.

There is an opportunity to make money if you are smart, creative, and talented at sales.. but even then it is challenging.

Good starting role in IT Sales to get industry experience needed to move onto bigger and better things.
Expectations are selective
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
The system built is based on burnt out leads that you must revive due to the high turnover rate of sales reps. Team Lead and environment is very cooperative. Company should change approach to market if not done so yet.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
sales director is fake
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 April 2018
high turn over rate , team leaders make money from you and you don't even know about it

HR people are very shady, not professional at all, no benefits
It's a warehouse
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 March 2018
Pro:
It is easy to get into CDI. If you know how to find out the type of RAM, you are in. So very good for someone who is looking to get into IT or first job.

Cons:
There is no training even for the internal processes. So get there and get ready to hear "don't you know this"? although you are new. Do not expect the management to come to you and be polite. In job as soon as we saw someone being taken by one lady, we knew that the guy was being fired. I found it weird - someone comes to your desk, asks you to come and in five minutes, you are shown the door.

During lean time, expect the hours to be reduced for one or two months.

Overall a good company to start with but nothing much. However, there are many people, who have been working here for years. So you might hear different views.
Pros
Free Pizza during overtime
Cons
No certainty, management not supportive, work culture
fun place
Test & Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 December 2017
The Team worked with was great, very helpful managers and staff. Interesting place to learn many technical computer hardware and software to learn. great place
Be prepared to get fired
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 December 2017
Great people on my team, but we were all overworked. People or whole departments would disappear overnight. Due to “restructuring” or “cutbacks”. Those that were left had to take over those jobs too.

No one EVER gets raises and the starting pay was low to begin with. You are just a number to the higher ups. I saw so many people get fired during my years there. I knew it was just a matter of time before it was my turn.

Take a job here if you’re desperate, but don’t expect raises or job security.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, summer picnic, nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no sick days, you will be fired no matter how well you perform
Worst Work culture
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2017
No benefits, No career advancement, Salary is too low. Once anyone joins here they have to work machine. No scope of learning of anykind. Management is worst i have ever seen.
Good work environment, Good people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
CDI is a good place for anyone in sales whether you are a beginner or a veteran, this is a good opportunity to grow. They offer excellent in house training and modern work facilities. The environment is full of supportive and friendly employees that makes each day enjoyable
CDI a place to work in...
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2017
A great opportunity, to create a business, must be a self starter with a go get them attitude. Stay at it and the business will come, eventually. Its up to you.
Too many sales people
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2017
Too many sales people not enough product the people are great and many incentive programs alot fun to work at very relaxed and layed back some travel.
Busy and friendly
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2017
The people in CDI Computers are friendly. They are very workaholic and have a fast face environment. But due to computer demands are not that high anymore, sometimes we worked only six hours a day.
Overworked and under-appreciated/underpaid.
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 July 2017
Cons:
Poor compensation.
Poor / disrespectful management.
Lack of training / coaching.
Overworked and underpaid.

Pros:
Occasional free lunches.
fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  markham ontario5 April 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled customer support tasks as well as overseeing a common group task. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
n/a
Fun to work
RMA tecknikan (Current Employee) –  Markam / ON13 March 2017
CDI computers is good place to work as a beginner , we fix more than 45 computer a day Plus we do parts for RMA provide new parts for the customers.
i learned how to fix computers really fast ( hardware and software ) , notebooks and tablets as well. and process RMA tickets
managment not that good at CD ( not all of them ) I , for exmple i do more than 4 jobs at the same time , and my manager doesn't show any appreciation ( no management skills ) .
the hardest parts of the job is you have to stay extra hours ( which i don't mind it at all ) and the salary really low in CDI .
the most enjoyable part is the Pizza luch and BBQ on Summer time .
Pros
Free lunch evey while
Cons
long hours, and low sallary
Helpful and fast-paced work environment.
Asset Recovery Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 February 2017
Helpful and fast-paced work environment. Good work ethic, provides employee benefits and events to even new employees. Helpful superiors. Supportive staff and peers.
Very poorly managed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  130 SOUTH TOWN CENTRE BLVD18 November 2016
Completely disorganzied. Counter productive marketing. I question how serious CDI is about being profitable when they let their departments fall apart and pay their Account Reps so poorly......poor pay....poor results
annual Family picnic
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2016
I have so many good experience working in CDI Computers, we had annual BBQ party, Family picnic and Christmas party at Mandarin. When start joining the company, I don't even know how to open a PC or a laptop, but CDI helps me a lot to gain my experience, within 2 weeks of training, I can repair and install computers. The people is friendly.
Pros
Free lunch Saturday work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Computer Dealers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8