CDI Computer Dealers Inc. Employee Reviews

sales director is fake
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 April 2018
high turn over rate , team leaders make money from you and you don't even know about it

HR people are very shady, not professional at all, no benefits
fun place
Test & Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 December 2017
The Team worked with was great, very helpful managers and staff. Interesting place to learn many technical computer hardware and software to learn. great place
Be prepared to get fired
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 December 2017
Great people on my team, but we were all overworked. People or whole departments would disappear overnight. Due to “restructuring” or “cutbacks”. Those that were left had to take over those jobs too.

No one EVER gets raises and the starting pay was low to begin with. You are just a number to the higher ups. I saw so many people get fired during my years there. I knew it was just a matter of time before it was my turn.

Take a job here if you’re desperate, but don’t expect raises or job security.
Pros
Free coffee/tea, summer picnic, nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no sick days, you will be fired no matter how well you perform
Worst Work culture
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 September 2017
No benefits, No career advancement, Salary is too low. Once anyone joins here they have to work machine. No scope of learning of anykind. Management is worst i have ever seen.
Good work environment, Good people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
CDI is a good place for anyone in sales whether you are a beginner or a veteran, this is a good opportunity to grow. They offer excellent in house training and modern work facilities. The environment is full of supportive and friendly employees that makes each day enjoyable
CDI a place to work in...
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 September 2017
A great opportunity, to create a business, must be a self starter with a go get them attitude. Stay at it and the business will come, eventually. Its up to you.
Too many sales people
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 August 2017
Too many sales people not enough product the people are great and many incentive programs alot fun to work at very relaxed and layed back some travel.
Busy and friendly
PARTS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 August 2017
The people in CDI Computers are friendly. They are very workaholic and have a fast face environment. But due to computer demands are not that high anymore, sometimes we worked only six hours a day.
Overworked and under-appreciated/underpaid.
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 July 2017
Cons:
Poor compensation.
Poor / disrespectful management.
Lack of training / coaching.
Overworked and underpaid.

Pros:
Occasional free lunches.
fun place to work
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  markham ontario5 April 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled customer support tasks as well as overseeing a common group task. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about CDI Computer Dealers Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun to work
RMA tecknikan (Current Employee) –  Markam / ON13 March 2017
CDI computers is good place to work as a beginner , we fix more than 45 computer a day Plus we do parts for RMA provide new parts for the customers.
i learned how to fix computers really fast ( hardware and software ) , notebooks and tablets as well. and process RMA tickets
managment not that good at CD ( not all of them ) I , for exmple i do more than 4 jobs at the same time , and my manager doesn't show any appreciation ( no management skills ) .
the hardest parts of the job is you have to stay extra hours ( which i don't mind it at all ) and the salary really low in CDI .
the most enjoyable part is the Pizza luch and BBQ on Summer time .
Pros
Free lunch evey while
Cons
long hours, and low sallary
Helpful and fast-paced work environment.
Asset Recovery Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 February 2017
Helpful and fast-paced work environment. Good work ethic, provides employee benefits and events to even new employees. Helpful superiors. Supportive staff and peers.
Very poorly managed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  130 SOUTH TOWN CENTRE BLVD18 November 2016
Completely disorganzied. Counter productive marketing. I question how serious CDI is about being profitable when they let their departments fall apart and pay their Account Reps so poorly......poor pay....poor results
annual Family picnic
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON17 August 2016
I have so many good experience working in CDI Computers, we had annual BBQ party, Family picnic and Christmas party at Mandarin. When start joining the company, I don't even know how to open a PC or a laptop, but CDI helps me a lot to gain my experience, within 2 weeks of training, I can repair and install computers. The people is friendly.
Pros
Free lunch Saturday work
Avoid working here
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON29 July 2016
I worked at CDI Computer Dealers full-time (More than a year), I did not feel that I had a secured job.
Company won't recognize for your good job, even if you work hard, but they will ask you why you were late 2 minutes, maybe a good company for beginners not for experience workers, not really organized and lack of training.
Worst management team I have ever seen, too many issues communication between departments, company wants to keep expanding without putting resources into each department to compensate for growth (extreme workloads on all departments)
Pros
I really tried to think of one
Cons
poor pay, unpaid breaks, bad management, so called managers look at you as you are their slave, no training, only 10 days vacation, no matter how long you've worked there
amazing workplace great people
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 July 2016
no bad reviews loved the job
had to go because i had a baby
job was great easy to adapt to
easy to get along with those working there
Pros
people, job, work environment
Cons
could of been better pay
Routine Workplace
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 May 2016
There is no creativity in environment and the tasks are routine and boring.
Production line is not a clean environment and it affects personnel health.
Pros
Payroll is on time always
Sweat shop
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 April 2016
I started there as an experienced computer technician coming in after being laid off from another large company so I had high hopes that this would be a great company.

Terrible training to begin with. They just throw you on the floor and say "go". Its a sweat shop that makes you look for defects in a small amount of time with little room to work with.

Avoid at all costs, I feel like its a legalized China sweat shop with no regard for employees whatsoever.
Pros
Lots of perks for the sales staff, non for technicians.
Cons
Rushed work, minimal training, favortism
Big parking space
TEST AND AUDIT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 March 2016
Salary is minimum and there is no chance to learn more. You wont have any security for the job. Your job is completely technical but the wage is as same as a cashier in McDonald
Do not enter...Terrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 March 2016
This place is awful to work at. I wouldn't advise it to anyone. Slave labour. Poor management. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. You will regret everyday working at this prison. Enter at your own risk. No room to grow and is too much work for one person for $11.50 an hour. You would be of more value at McDonalds. I'm sure they would treat you as such rather than being unappreciated by CDI.
Pros
None.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Computer Dealers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8