CDI College

CDI College Employee Reviews

They hired me fast

They did not give me the normal two weeks training and I was told to ask for lots of help and ask questions. When I told them there was gaps in my training they just let me go with out a explanation. I was only there for a month.

Pros

Flexibility with hours and working remotely

Cons

They did not give me enough training

Great team and there’s always room for growth

CDI college offers an opportunity for growth it only depends on a person. I believed if you are hardworking and perform well CDI will always acknowledge and appreciate your work. If you focus on your work not with other people you will be able to enjoy your job and the perks. I am grateful that I work with the best team and the best coordinator in Accounting and Payroll program, my coordinator was very supportive and inspiring to work with… overall I enjoyed my time at CDI

Pros

Growth opportunity, free tea and coffee

Cons

Occasionally working until evening

Pathetic management and worst working culture

Any time you will lose your job without notice.Most unprofessional and school dropouts are your managers and convincing clients for higher education.It is a pure call center job with no pay,no benefits,no growth,no job security,layoff,hight employee turnover,Managers with no backbone.One word if you have a plan to suicide come to cdi it is almost like suicide

Pros

Free coffee.Lol

Cons

A lot …

High turnover rate.

In my short 3 months there; I’ve seen so many people quit or be fired and so many people hired. You’re fired with no warning or no expectation so you’re job is never secured.

Cons

Too competitive

Official response from CDI College

3 September 2021
Hi there, we’re sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience. At CDI College, we value our people and are always striving to improve our employee experience. We welcome further feedback to identify possible solutions to address your concerns, so please feel free to email us at hrteam@cdicollege.ca.

Unsecured workplace, unreasonable management

Management asking for an unreasonable target with no tool given to achieve it. Ridiculous system of leads distribution where the management care about numbers and only numbers

Zero Job Security - Permanent position is a joke

CDI College is like the mothership of stressful environment as there is no consistency with new policies and rules every week. They hire in large groups and fire in large groups and with no real reason to terminate. They lie to students, they lie to employees. But colleagues in your department are truly helpful to each other. I don’t recommend anyone to work at place that creates so much stress and uncertainty in your life.

Pros

Co-operative team, fun atmosphere, office environment

Cons

Zero job security (not based on performance), ever changing policies, micromanagement by leaders

Toxic environment

Cold and detached management approach. No coaching culture. Students are not respected but are a sale objective. Tenured call centre employees have big egos and are disrespectful to students and their peers. Not a healthy place to work.

Pros

Was close to home

Cons

Employee just a number

Students and Staff are Seen as Robots

I noticed right away that the company had some issues. I was in charge of two programs and the work hadn't been done for months - there was an overload of administrative work to catch up on including students who didn't even have courses scheduled but were enrolled. Everything was urgent, all the time.I worked there for two months and took one 30 minute lunch break. I worked at least 2 hours overtime every weekday and worked on weekends as well. None of this was paid. The expectations were way too high considering they don't want to hire enough people to have an actually functional team. I wasn't about to work 50-60 hours per week for such a low salary. Sometimes you're expected at the office until 7PM.Brought my concerns to management - wanted to be paid overtime so I could make some actual lasting changes because I care about my students and wanted to create something functional that puts them first. They didn't like that idea. All about the money. The students aren't even people to management. I eventually had no choice but to leave as the stress was causing heart palpitations. Do not recommend.

Pros

some good people on staff

Cons

bad management, long hours, no paid overtime, low salary, high stress, morally corrupt

Clueless and Poor Management, Not Worth Your Efforts

You receive outdated training which is barely of any use, the hire-fire rate is extremely high here (they let go of 200 people after assuring them a month back that their jobs are secure). Too many changes being implemented without prior notice or discussions. And the failure of those changes are borne by the students and the employees.Poor management skills and incompetent people in position of power. They will not tolerate any feedback, and it will be seen as you "ranting and getting riled up" (we were told that in our meeting). There is a strong negative environment here with zero job security. 90% of the people I know are looking for more deserving opportunities as I write this.

Pros

Smart colleagues who do not deserve to be here

Cons

Zero job security, incompetent management

Upper Management Should Look In The Mirror

One star is much too high of a rating for this College. They treat their employees and students like a bunch of robots. Upper management berates you and threatens your job even when you’ve done nothing wrong. They don’t want to hear from you and will not fix any issues you are having. Programs offered are extremely expensive regardless of included practicum and supposed job placement. Students do not get their orientation packages on time but yet they push students to start early. Staff schedules and benefits are not given out on time or at all in some cases so employees can’t plan time off or plan for their families benefits. That was only the tip of the iceberg, you could write a book of problems about this college. This was the worst run company I’ve ever worked for, period!

Pros

No longer working there

Cons

Anyone working there

Jobs at CDI College

See more jobs

Poor management

There is no clear direction of this postion or the way they train, let's be real about ADOA is glorified telemarketing title that they give you too fool ppl calling dead leads from 3 years ago that have been overcalled and overcontacted to the point of pestering ppl, avoid Cdi at all costs not worth the outdated programs that are irrelevant out in the real world , worst job and management I have ever experienced

Pros

Close to transit

Cons

Poor management

Lots of people interaction and with enjoyable work

Awesome place to work at.Got lots of people interaction of different culture.The need for Admission Reps of the school to be more critical and look into capable students (who will really stay to study) to avoid terminations and withdrawals. As most often than not students who dropped incurred a huge debt/liability either to school and student aid.

Pros

Flexible Time

Cons

Salary is a bit low

Stressful

At CDI college online division, the environment is very stressful, there is no consistency and rules of the workplace are always changing. The upper management doesn’t help with any problems , they hire in large groups and fire in large groups and with no real cause/ reason to terminate. I don’t recommend anyone to work at place that creates so much stress and uncertainty in your life.

Not secured job

Not a secured job. Changes from time to time. Management kept firing people without giving notice.They wont pay your commision. This is a sales job

Most stressful environment

People at work are good but Management is toxic . They treat employees as numbers not as an asset of the company . They will hire many people and within 3 to 6 months time they fire even your performance is good. They make the work culture very stressful and toxic.

Pros

Time flexible

Cons

Job insecurity

Work place environment

Here at CDI college online division, the environment is very toxic, there is no consistency and rules of the workplace are always changing. The upper management doesn’t help with any problems that employ might face, they hire in large groups and fire in large groups and with no real cause/ reason to terminate. The place drives on numbers but that doesn’t even matter. I don’t recommend anyone to work at place that creates so much stress and uncertainty in your life.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Fun placeIf you have a good team and a good manager

Really fun place. Focuses more on KPIs, keeps it challenging and motivating. 2 weeks training on how to establish yourself then you will be tested on the floor.

Pros

Competitive

Cons

Need results to stay

Worst company ever

The metrics change every week, no commission paid until two months in, most employees are gone by that time.The most out of touch management I’ve ever seen.Constantly breaking covid guidelines.Also toxic workplace behaviour from executive people.Do. Not. Work. Here.

Pros

Best part of this company is that I don’t work here anymore

Cons

Management is stupid

Future ADOA's Do Not Work Here!!!

This place is absolutely about numbers. You are just another number in a company. It has a culture of hire and fire! Hire large number of people and fire them in large number. Lot of leads being provided to you are useless so you will be spending lot of time just making calls and most people are pretty much angry because other employees keep calling them every single week for past one year. This is so much harassing - It will also install this software called TERRAMIND which will track everything that you will work on - Even personal emails and notes will be screenshot and that too silently - and it will all be used to micro-manage you - In fact they will be building a case against you(happened with my colleague) using all that data being collected on YOU - It is like those movies where boss is trying to collect dirt on you and use that as a leverage at later date if you don't exit quietly or create some kind of trouble. One thing I appreciate though was good training provided - However very killer work environment but if you are a pure sales guy like I am who is all about hitting targets !!!! This is a good job for you. But it will be a job not a career!!!! so keep your plans in place once you land this job because it may not be long term for sure. Hope this helps you evaluate other offers that you might be considering and make wise decision.

Pros

Good Training, Team Learning, Company Equipments

Cons

Shady Management

Very competitive and sales driven

Management look at their students as numbers. Tag them and bag them. They want you to enroll students no matter what. Even if they can't afford another student loan. New students/leads are given to heavy hitters who are enrolling 10 students out of 100 leads and expect others to dig through cold leads who decided not to enroll with the college by calling them every day and try to get them enroll. If you hit jackpot and enroll one of the cold leads, they will give you fresh leads. If you don't give them anything, you will be fired. Job security is very minimal. They hire and terminate 20 new people every second week to get the new cream. Work environment is just awful but your colleagues are very lovely.

Pros

Lovely co worker

Cons

Expect you to work on weekends without pay.

ADOA: Lucky if you make it to 2 months

They Sucker you in with decent money and two weeks of paid training and by making it sound easy to get the enrolments they want. But they don't have a f@$king clue what they are doing, the management is a joke I worked here during the height of the pandemic and they had everyone put in cubicles, there were continuous outbreaks of the COVID-19 virus when we could have been working remotely. They ask for the moon and stars but they only give you a stool to reach for them. The only good thing about working here is I met 4 awesome people! Do not work for CDI! They cut. you lose before your probationary period is over, and they just keep bringing new people in to replace the ones they Lied off!

Pros

Made some good friends

Cons

To many too many to count

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8