CDI College Employee Reviews

no integrity
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Downtown26 February 2018
I enjoyed going to work every morning but its the office drama I was not impress by. It seemed that the more drama you created in the office, the more they were supported. These individuals had more permission to do what ever they wish. Rather than focusing on their job and maybe minding their own business of the other staff members, and let everyone do their jobs that they were hired to do. I had a great relationship and rapport with the adult students. Because I understood where they are because I too was a student and understand the uncertainty of the work force. I enjoyed coaching the potential adult student to make sure that they were ready to go back to school and pursue a career that was best suited for them.
Pros
coaching and creating a safe environment
Cons
lack of communication, support and no integrity
Dead end employment
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Canada2 February 2018
Think twice about working here. Lots of promises for change, but nothing ever does.
The direction of the company is non existent and so is the communication from management. Management aren't leaders but there to micromanage your daily performance in some areas, and no support for when you really need the help. You better be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door as they are always pushing for student enrollments and don't care about the quality of students that will be attending. Compensation is low unless you are a superstar and the benefits are low too- 2 weeks vacation and No short term disability. The work culture is virtually non-existent and everyone is out for themselves.
Pros
helping people that want to increase their education
Cons
low pay, low benefits, low chance of advancement
Think twice before accepting a position at CDI
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2018
The direction of the company is non existent. Department heads don't take advice from the people who really see things on the ground level. The compensation is okay, but you really need to be on the ball as one day you are a star and the next you are one foot out the door. Stressful environment in which you can't even trust your own team, as they are under the same situation and will steal a client away from you if they have a chance.
Cons
weekend and evening calls. no direction. stressful.
A great source of extra eduaction
Student/Volunteer Secretary (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
Along side studying to be a massage therapist, the student secretary program also educated on the book keeping aspect of the career. Learned important office skills such as Microsoft Office, file keeping, booking, and customer service (phone) service.
Pros
extra education, extra credit, extra job training
Cons
late hours
interesting
LPN and HCA Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2017
good place to work initially.
staff were very much friendly and family-like.
lots of extra work after hours with marking papers, planning lessons.
had to be super organized which was great!
great place
Lead Health Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2017
it was a fast paced environment that required a great deal of creativity and determination . teaching a variety of courses paved the way for curriculum development and branching into nursing education collaboration as well.
Enjoyed being part of the team, and teaching students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2017
Really enjoyed working the Monday to Friday, to teach students. I learned a lot about how to reach different people, and what helps them to understand what they are being taught. I believe the team I worked with had a lot of insight on what would work best, and we would discuss this with each other. This would give us better tools to work with. Management may not have always been there for the team or students, but the President (CEO) was a great person that we respected.
Pros
Gratitude from the students. Great hours.
Cons
Management was not always there for the students.
Good Place to work
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2017
Good company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Great people. Sometimes there's a bit of a disconnect between campus and campus support. Overall a decent place to work.
college
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
This was not a job but a school i was there for over a year and could not wait to finish. I took Business Management and digital marketing. Eventually getting a degree in both.
I got fed up of working in a shady business
Teacher Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 July 2017
It doesn't take long for any decent person to realize you are working for a well set up legal scam. Before committing a good chunk of your life to something, take sometime to research who you are working for. Complaints are all over the place, including the news. Beware of misinformation; remember, shady business practice. Why would you do the world harm for a lesser pay?!? Stealing poor people's money trying to change their life for better is as low as it get. That's who you will be working for.
Pros
Students are filled with hope.
Cons
College CDI is a scam.
All title, no pay
Student Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2017
If your goal of finding a job is to help other people reach their goal of education, then CDI College is for you. However, be prepared to take a pay cut. They will always give you what is necessary not what you deserve.
Fun
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
I was get in there as a student. People are nice and the instructor is fine but there is a lot of things that they need to improve in terms of teaching method.
Wonderful People, small school
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
The staff are wonderful people, the way the school is designed caused a lot of frustration for the students, and being the reception, i heard a lot of it. But on my end, i was given a lot of responsibility. Head of the grad committee, i would help other teachers with duties, making of exams, making sure the ordering was done. I like the time i was employed at CDI.
Pros
Working with and around amazing people
Cons
Low pay
Limited opportunities for advancement
Business and Soft Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Friendly and helpful coworkers but high staff turnover. A large company across Canada with not much networking opportunities. Access to HR support limited.
Loads of Promises made never any follow through
MEDICAL PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2017
The Campus Director is full of Promises but NEVER follows through. You are micro managed at every turn, and always under scrutiny. If you wish to keep your personal life and work life separate it will not happen here. Although I enjoyed most of my co-workers and the Students were wonderful I do not miss the Management and Administration. The only thing they are interested in is Profit, not their Staff, or worse their Students. Did we reach our enrolment quotas, did you get their money paid. Followed by a slow as snails return of money if they withdraw or fail. Some contractors wait months on end to be paid while others are paid before they even complete the work required.

Much Happier in my new position where staff and students alike are valued above all else!
Pros
The Eager Students
Cons
The Campus Director and Admin
Great training
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 January 2017
I did the HCA course at CDI college in surrey. It was amazing, i learnt a lot. The teacher was amazing and very stern. The labs were hands on and i was taught properly. The teacher was very hands on with us with teaching us in labs. I ended up passing with honors which was huge for me considering the fact that i was a C student in high school. I had a lot of fun and i learnt quite a lot as well. Best choice i ever made. Also i would like to add the the staff is always willing to help if personal matters are affecting schooling. They are easy to talk to and are willing to help and work with you. i highly recommend this course.
informative
Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
Was a good institute for continuing education. Business instructor is very helpful and informed. Computer instructors are not qualified and no help at all.
Great Atmosphere
Instructor/Adult Educator (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 November 2016
I love working here. The director is amazing, great staff, good environment. Students work hard, curriculum is up to date.
This was education
Computer Network Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2016
The course was a great tool to sharpen my skills, I am looking forward to implementing the new tools I have acquired with my all ready experience in this trade.
Pros
Education
Cons
Young adults
Acquired a significant amount of experience as a Network Technician/Engineer
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2016
CDI College was the perfect place to obtain my Network Systems Engineering Diploma in IT. On top of my diploma, I was able to volunteer at the campus as a Network Technician and gain the experience needed to get out onto the field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI College. Our community is ready to answer.