CDI College

CDI College Employee Reviews

Canada118 reviews
Great being among enthusiastic students!.
The students are keen to learn from the dedicated instructors as they bring their knowledge and experience to create an enjoyable learning environment.
Horrible place where favoritism tops everything and fairness and equality is at the bottom
This organization deserves zero stars overall. Management does not care about its employees. Be ready to get abused and bullied. Pay, Career advancement, employee appreciation all depends on who you are not on your talent or hard work. But all is well if you belong to the main stream of the employees who are working there. Otherwise, there is no job security for you.

The upper management terminates people on a regular basis and hires less qualified people for lower wages and also blames the previous persons for not doing their job(s). Very fast turnaround for staff.

The company also has major financial problems and has problems bringing in necessary supplies for students and staff. They also do not follow employment standards rules and regulations as they neglect to pay individuals their rightful earnings.
Productive and Creative Environment
Love the ambience over there. Support of senior employees is really appreciable. Administration always supports you in terms of providing each and every resource.
Not enough hours. Empty promises.
Not enough hours. Too much politics. They expect you to be on call and never provide a proper work schedule. Worked at the North York Campus. I am still on their payroll since last year but have not had any hours since April 2019. They just keep you on their roster.
Good work-life balance
Good place to work, as an instructor the beginning is hard, preparing classes and material. After that it is just improvement of the content. we are not paid extra hours to prepare material and correct assignments. But the hours are good.assignments.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pay could be better, no growth opportunities
Teaching
I enjoy working with the public. Medicine is very important to me, so thusly, sharing my knowledge is as well.

Teaching is important to me, I love the interaction with students. I love to see them excel from my lessons.
Traumatized
Management lack of care and concerns. Students are all problematic. The Campus Director is just seating and waiting for whatever it was that he wanted to wait.
Terrible Company Culture- Drama!
Great place to gain experience and move up. However move up or obtaining more skills in a higher position does not mean an increase of pay. They do NOT look after their employees and will pay you pennies while they run you to the ground. Between the reps their is so much drama, no one follows the rules and the sharks that break the most rules and treat the fellow employees the worst are the ones awarded. This company is as corrupt as they come.
Professional Work Environment and Motivating Team
Its been almost 8 months that I started my job at CDI College, as Assistant Director Of Admissions. The experience so far was pleasant, I learned a lot of new things and was able to challenge myself to perform better with each passing month. The team is very supportive and motivating and I always got all the tools to excel in my job role. The work environment is fast paced and is performance driven so it keeps on your toes but the satisfaction at the end is worth all the hard work.
It is good place.
CDI College is a good place for working and education. I am so happy to educate here and working here. All the staff is friendly and kind.
The environment of the college is very good.
Productive and fun working environment
Happy and productive environment with an even better staff morale. Everyone I worked with were all such a pleasure to be around, and I could not have asked for a better team!
Very educational
I had the best experience with CDI college, the staff were very professional and very helpful on every class i was in. They went over and beyond to accommodate me in helping me succeed.
Productive and fun workplace with a chance to learn something new everyday
My experience with CDI college has been for almost 7 months, but just in this short duration, I have learned so much about all the aspects of education in Canada. Coming from an education background in India, I have always found myself inclined towards career counselling, teaching and guiding people as to which path would work for them. I am glad I chose CDI which gave me a career jumpstart in Canada and is still going strong.

The workplace has a competitive environment which gives us a chance to strive for something better everyday. If you love talking to people and advising them, this is the job for you! Everyone is extremely polite, there is positivity everywhere and constructive criticism as well, which I think, is really important for personal and professional growth. I look forward to working with CDI and keep making memories for a long time..
Pros
friendly staff, staff parties
Cons
Productive and Learning Experience
I have been working with CDI College for almost year, the typical working is 8 hrs per day and you have to counsel and encourage the prospective student to make appropriate career choice. I personally love talking and interacting with students from different ethnic background. Our management has been really supportive and make there way to help out the students. I strongly recommend to work and be part of this awesome company.
terrible place to apply for program for student and teacher
terrible place to study, work and learn. teachers didnt know what they were doing. i keep passing my tests. and they charge high cost $700 per month to stay there for tuition. bad sales people, bad teachers, just everyone was bad there. they were all in it for the money only. I got kicked out of my program and i had to pay the rest of my tuition of $3000 for staying there for more than half the semester. i wasted my time and money there and didnt even get a job.
Not a trauma informed or student friendly educational facility
This is a business. They are very good sales people who support unprepared students, predominantly immigrants, to get very large government students loans then failing them when they are unable to deal with the educational information. Failed students still must pay the government for their student loans and CDI gets paid contractually either way. Most teachers are not qualified to support these humans outside of academic information and are let go if they challenge the business making system. There is no qualified psychological support. This is a scam and such a deeply unfair practice of which nothing can be done because they are not hindered by educational or human rights mandates. Only business.
questionable management
Management seems to make some questionable decisions and were unclear about their hiring requirements. Gave false hope instead of being transparent. Would not really recommend.
I was a student.
It's a fine program, really gives you what you put into it. The admin could be better but my instructor really put the extra effort in to make the most out of it.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your review and feedback! We hope you are enjoying your experience as a student at CDI College.
Great place to work. Learning lots of teaching skills and even payroll knowledge.

Small class and good for communication with student................
10 December 2019
Thank you for the review and for the feedback! We are glad to hear your time at CDI College has been a positive and rewarding experience.
Unprofessional Management
If you see the ad to work there avoid at all costs. First the interview process lasted over a month. They do this to determine your level of commitment to the position but frankly it's a total waste of time they had determined if they were going to hire you before you walked in the door. This place is rife with unproffesionalism. The northern regional management has no education that would qualify them to manage and develop personnel unless you count acting classes. There are conflicts of interest that abound from campus to campus. They have spouses getting special treatment due to their partners positions. They have leadership that give special treatment based on friendship outside of work. If you're not on this gravy train pointing out these, frankly unethical and corrupt behaviours, put you on a hit list and it won't be long before your let go. Do document everything and know that they will try to remove you before you do so. Beyond that if you can live with the fact that you target the most vulnerable segment of the population to coerce them into paying enormous sums for an education that isn't worth the paper that its printed on then you may fit in. Once saddled with this debit a large percentage of these students get part time or minimum wage Jobs and if they are totally incapable of getting a job CDI inflates their placement numbers by hiring them. If your in sales stick to a place that is committed to professional development with options for growth because this place isn't it.
10 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are truly sorry that your time at CDI College did not meet your expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at hrteam@cdicollege.ca so we can review improvement opportunities.

Our goal is to ensure CDI College continues to be a great place to work for our employees. We appreciate your suggestions and feedback!
i was a student
I was a student in CDI collage
I have just finished my school and graduated by Medical Laboratory Assistant i am now looking a job for full time or part time job by what i have studied.
10 December 2019
Thank you for your review! Congratulations on graduating the Medical Laboratory Assistant program.